Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 7, 2012 12:59:33 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012 4:45:10 AM PST
Wildstrike says:
Dude, it's a freaking game. I'm Native American, myself, and take no offence. Just chill, man.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2012 7:49:45 PM PDT
Lol, Uptight much?

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 10:02:45 AM PDT
The English language would absolutely benefit if the word racism and any other derivative of that word were removed permanently.

Aside from that, what's up with the artwork being displayed? Doesn't look very native to me. Looks like they transplanted him from Europe and gave him a steel war axe.

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 10:37:38 AM PDT
He's an assassin, whats he suppose to do... sing them to death?

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 9:54:44 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 17, 2012 4:48:40 PM PDT
C. Hughes says:
"As a Native American assassin..."

He's an assassin, his race is Native American. Nothing racist about that. The violence comes from his profession, not his race.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 6:28:33 PM PDT
I'm Lumbee indian and I don't find this offensive either.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 8:52:34 PM PDT
Eric Zhong says:
As an Italian assassin, eliminate your enemies with guns, crossbows, hidden blades, and more! This product perpetuates racist stereotypes of Italians as violent to an impressionable audience. In 2011, the manufacturer should know better.

You like what I did there? :D

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 12:30:49 PM PDT
Tom Wolf says:
impressionable audience? last thing I knew these games weren't rated for children.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 2:39:36 PM PDT
J. Lau says:
So it would be less racist for him to be another generic white guy killing away? I think it's actually refreshing that minorities are getting some love as video game protagonists.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 7:23:35 PM PDT
Eric Brown says:
I have asked this question tons of times with no one ever able to give me an answer, why are video games more impressionable on teens and young adults than their parents are? Keep in mind, over 50% of people in the U.S. play video games and less that 5% of people in the U.S. have no parents, so the no parents excuse does not work.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2012 4:37:05 PM PDT
You need to rephrase that question. You should say, "Are video games more impressionable on teens and young adults than their parents?" Then, you can ask, "Why?". Or, you could provide data that shows that video games are more impressionable (how can you test that?), because I don't think they are. I think that parents should decide whether or not their child plays a certain video game, or whether they should play video games at all. The parents stand between the child and the video game's influence. Pretty much every problem can be traced back to good/bad parenting, IMO.

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 8:25:06 PM PDT
"Pretty much every problem can be traced back to good/bad parenting, IMO."

Aside from chemical imbalances, I think you're right. Bad parents = bad kids. Good parents = good kids. Are there exceptions? Of course. But the old cliche rings true. The apple doesn't fall...

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 11:40:51 PM PDT
So peeps go crazy when there is a Native American ASSASSIN, or siding with America, or killing British people. I'm wondering why there isn't an uproar of Call of duty making Russians the bad guys all the time hehe.

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 5:25:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 29, 2012 5:26:46 PM PDT
Just34 says:
The assassin is half Native American and half British. And it sounds more like he's caught up in the American Revolutionary War. But, I guess they have to call him an "assassin" since that's the name of the franchise.

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 3:33:59 PM PDT
S. Zhang says:
This is funny. I just don't get the point, assassin in the revolutionary war? I'd rather play the story of a Jap assassin or Chinese assasin. Either of these two countries had great assassin in ancient time.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 4:18:17 PM PST
Hantech says:
we're not talking about ancient times. Stop thinking your own country's history is superior to that of everyone else. As for the OP, I get where you're coming from, but the fact remains that assassin is a profession, so leave race out of this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 12:54:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 12:55:16 PM PST
J. Lau says:
There are lots of periods that would make for an interesting game setting, particularly with AC's style of gameplay. Ubisoft chose the American Revolution to tell the specific story they wanted to tell. Perhaps once this story arc is done, they can start doing AC games in other periods and settings. Besides, I think the American Revolution is an interesting setting since it is one that isn't explored much in video games (this also applies to the previous games in the series).

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 3:45:57 PM PST
A customer says:
Oh jeez, not one of these!!! Racist??? Honestly???

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 1:14:50 AM PST
S. Voltmer says:
LOL LOL LOL.. no, sorry, really what are you concerned about?

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 7:06:46 PM PST
Maria Vitale says:
Everyone take a chill pill. He's an Assassin because he joins the order of Assassins in their fight against the Templars.

Personally, I found it interesting and refreshing to finally see a Native American taking the lead role in a major release game that depicted him as being anything but a stereotype. He was shown to be brave, true to his word, cunning and faithful to his people. That he's consequently drawn into the Colonists' fight for freedom against the British mirrored the same circumstance facing his own tribe and family. They had a common enemy. All the worse for the fact that it directly involved his own father.

What is wrong with you people? Sure, the game has its share of issues. What game doesn't these days? Especially if it's from Ubisoft. But overall I think they did a remarkable job with it. The naval battles alone are very well done, albeit the missions seem far too brief at times. And I'll never praise it enough for getting rid of that stupid Tower Defense crap that plagued Revelations.

Only thing that really made me chuckle however was slapping our poor hero with the moniker "Connor." Please.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Mar 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed III - PC
Assassin's Creed III - PC by Ubisoft (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
3.6 out of 5 stars   (241)