5.0 out of 5 stars RAD book!
This book shows a logos the BMX bikes in the day. I personally am a GT Performer fan. The book has a couple of pictures of GTs but not a whole lot. I never knew there was so many different companies making bmx! Interesting read. Nice pictures. I wish they had more GT Performer pictures though.
Published 4 months ago by Duke Togo

3.0 out of 5 stars RAD RIDES The best of BMX of all time
Published 17 months ago by crissmx

3.0 out of 5 stars RAD RIDES The best of BMX of all time, June 11, 2013
This review is from: Rad Rides: The Best BMX Bikes of All Time (Paperback)
A pretty good book and nice pictures. It is the first of its kind so I will try to be neutral. For a beginner BMX collector it could be useful but for the old school collector it is not of much use except for the cool pictures. All the writing sounds like your Mom wrote a book on BMX and that pretty much explains it all. The cover picture totally sucks...Mom must have picked it out. I did buy it and I love old school BMX so much that I would probably buy it again if it went missing. Thanks Mom !

3.0 out of 5 stars 1985 Called...., June 6, 2013
This review is from: Rad Rides: The Best BMX Bikes of All Time (Paperback)
....and it wants to know why all its coolest neon pink and green and blue bikes didn't make the cut for this encyclopedia of BMX radicalness.

The book does a great job outlining the history of BMX, segmenting the text and pics by decade (70s-2000s). Flipping through the pages, nostalgic memories are sure to hit as you will recognize all the bikes from the old neighborhood (and maybe even the kids who owned them). The format is perfect: Many very colorful, large and detailed pics of the benchmark bikes in a hefty, artistic softcover design. There are some great anecdotes and insider dirt on the companies, the riders and the bike designs as the sport went from motorcycle spinoffs in the 70s, to showboat designs of the 80s and the hardened ugly-tough days from the 90s forward. Totally understand we can't have every bike from every era....but the flashy, odd-shaped, kitted out Haros, Redlines and many other standouts from the mid-80s were noticeably absent. I may just be a biased old fart. But an 80s-only version 2.0 might be cool!

5.0 out of 5 stars RAD book!, July 6, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 2, 2014
Awesome book!

5.0 out of 5 stars history of bmx, September 13, 2013
This review is from: Rad Rides: The Best BMX Bikes of All Time (Paperback)
the history of bmx in photos you sugested to me and I aproved , like so much, great bikes great photos, the best

4.0 out of 5 stars Present to my boyfriend, May 12, 2013
This review is from: Rad Rides: The Best BMX Bikes of All Time (Paperback)
I just gave to him as a gift to my boyfriend and he loves it! Have a lot of pictures so to somebody that doesn't get along well with English reading is the perfect book. The quality of the book is excellent as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Rad Rides: The Best BMX Bikes of All Time (Paperback)
Love this book, clean photos, lots of nice old school to new school bikes in it. I only hope one of my bikes is selected one day for the next book :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fun, March 26, 2013
This review is from: Rad Rides: The Best BMX Bikes of All Time (Paperback)
Though I've never owned a BMX bike, I really enjoyed this book. I have an affinity for retro bikes, and the first 2/3 of the book covers only pre-2000 rides. If you owned a mountain or BMX bike during this time, I'm sure you will enjoy reading through this book. It's fun to see how styles have changed over time, as well as the types of riding people do on these bikes. The book has great details on each bike as well, making my gear-head self very happy. I'd say this book is for anyone who loves bikes, and wants greater insight into the work that has gone into the BMX bike of today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a good enough retro reference guide, March 18, 2013
Great book, with plenty 'rad' pics of period BMX bikes! Not quite all the favourites are covered in my view but enough to keep me happy. Well written too, but lets be honest, most enthusiasts will buy this for use as a catalogue of retro bikes. Just one thing, would have liked to see a little more on the current range (at publish date) of race bikes from established names such as Redline, Intense (although there is one), Free Agent et al, rather than the grimey street/trick/dirt bikes which mostly made up the latter part of this tome. Why? 'Cos they're poster pin-up sweet and who's gonna really read this anyway?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, March 2, 2013
This review is from: Rad Rides: The Best BMX Bikes of All Time (Paperback)
Some bikes are maybe missing,but at least someone has made this book!!!!!Very nice ,I like it so much ....i find a few bikes in the book i have before!

Rad Rides: The Best BMX Bikes of All Time
Rad Rides: The Best BMX Bikes of All Time by Nathan Gale (Paperback - May 16, 2012)
$24.95 $15.90