Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rad Rides: The Best BMX Bikes of All Time
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 6, 2013
....and it wants to know why all its coolest neon pink and green and blue bikes didn't make the cut for this encyclopedia of BMX radicalness.

The book does a great job outlining the history of BMX, segmenting the text and pics by decade (70s-2000s). Flipping through the pages, nostalgic memories are sure to hit as you will recognize all the bikes from the old neighborhood (and maybe even the kids who owned them). The format is perfect: Many very colorful, large and detailed pics of the benchmark bikes in a hefty, artistic softcover design. There are some great anecdotes and insider dirt on the companies, the riders and the bike designs as the sport went from motorcycle spinoffs in the 70s, to showboat designs of the 80s and the hardened ugly-tough days from the 90s forward. Totally understand we can't have every bike from every era....but the flashy, odd-shaped, kitted out Haros, Redlines and many other standouts from the mid-80s were noticeably absent. I may just be a biased old fart. But an 80s-only version 2.0 might be cool!

UPDATE (April 2015) - Since this book remains the ONLY BMX retrospective on Amazon, after further consideration, it's pretty darn good considering no one else is stepping up. So you earned four stars instead of the original three. But please guys, write another one!
on May 25, 2015
This is a great book covering all era's of the BMX bike. It does contain pics of alot of early BMX bikes, as well as the early -mid 80's. All era's are covered, but not too much on modern era bikes. I was looking for a book that had 80's bikes in it though, and through reading others reviews, I KNEW I wanted to have this book. I am very happy with this purchase... If I could change anything about this book, it would be that specific bikes (GT, Hutch, JMC, Diamond Back, etc..), ALL the BIG names of the time, would have single page pics, as some of them are kinda small. Oh well, maybe for a newer release of such a book, this could be a possibility. I do recommend this book to anyone interested in the 70's to 80's era BMX bikes, as this book does contain pics of alot of different brands and models.
on July 6, 2014
This book shows a logos the BMX bikes in the day. I personally am a GT Performer fan. The book has a couple of pictures of GTs but not a whole lot. I never knew there was so many different companies making bmx! Interesting read. Nice pictures. I wish they had more GT Performer pictures though.
on June 11, 2013
A pretty good book and nice pictures. It is the first of its kind so I will try to be neutral. For a beginner BMX collector it could be useful but for the old school collector it is not of much use except for the cool pictures. All the writing sounds like your Mom wrote a book on BMX and that pretty much explains it all. The cover picture totally sucks...Mom must have picked it out. I did buy it and I love old school BMX so much that I would probably buy it again if it went missing. Thanks Mom !
on May 12, 2013
I just gave to him as a gift to my boyfriend and he loves it! Have a lot of pictures so to somebody that doesn't get along well with English reading is the perfect book. The quality of the book is excellent as well.
on January 29, 2013
i grew up a bmx kid. and never really quit. this book is cool and id like to see a part 2, 3..etc...
theres a good variety of bikes in here, from stock to customs covering oooold school to new stuff.
i strongly recommend it and reference it often since i got it.
on March 18, 2013
Great book, with plenty 'rad' pics of period BMX bikes! Not quite all the favourites are covered in my view but enough to keep me happy. Well written too, but lets be honest, most enthusiasts will buy this for use as a catalogue of retro bikes. Just one thing, would have liked to see a little more on the current range (at publish date) of race bikes from established names such as Redline, Intense (although there is one), Free Agent et al, rather than the grimey street/trick/dirt bikes which mostly made up the latter part of this tome. Why? 'Cos they're poster pin-up sweet and who's gonna really read this anyway?!
on December 25, 2012
This book brought back some great memories and reminded me why BMX bikes have been such a major component in my life. With this book, my copy of Generation F, and all my old copies of BMXA, Freestylin' and assorted 'zines, I'm in BMX heaven...
on March 26, 2013
Though I've never owned a BMX bike, I really enjoyed this book. I have an affinity for retro bikes, and the first 2/3 of the book covers only pre-2000 rides. If you owned a mountain or BMX bike during this time, I'm sure you will enjoy reading through this book. It's fun to see how styles have changed over time, as well as the types of riding people do on these bikes. The book has great details on each bike as well, making my gear-head self very happy. I'd say this book is for anyone who loves bikes, and wants greater insight into the work that has gone into the BMX bike of today.
on May 17, 2012
Just got my copy, and I am excited to be on page #104 and #105. I have been involved with bmx for a long time, and this book does a good job of showing bmx history. Really Motivates me to do something similar. A super fun book that I could look at for hours WELL DONE! see lots more bikes at bmxmuseum.com