5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC KNIFE FOR THE MONEY
I currently own a $3k+ set of Wusthof Classi Ikon knives and I love them dearly. Honestly, the Wusthof product is the best on the market today in my opinion.

Published on December 22, 2010 by Mark P Van Alstyne

3.0 out of 5 stars Not heavy or sharp enough
This is a light-duty knife that doesn't cut very well. It doesn't have the weight of a normal cleaver or the length of a chef's knife, and the blade doesn't seem to be very sharp. I haven't found myself using it much.

I've been preferring a light, plastic-handled chef's knife I got at a restaurant supply store years ago.
Published on January 8, 2013 by Liat Gat

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC KNIFE FOR THE MONEY, December 22, 2010
This review is from: Rada Cutlery R129 Chef's Dicer with Aluminum Handle (Kitchen)

While stumbling on Amazon looking for an inexpensive bread knife for my girlfriend's mother (Christmas present), I found the Rada Cutlery product. Being the skeptical person that I am, I couldn't possibly believe that a $10 bread knife could perform anywhere near as well as my $120 Wusthof bread knife. Not caring much about the quality of the knife for my future mother-in-law, I bought it from Amazon without even thinking twice DUE TO THE VERY VERY LOW PRICE. While my Wusthof is a far better quality knife in fit and finish, it cuts marginally better than the Rada $10 knife.

After experiencing the Rada bread knife, I had to get a Rada knife for myself
and my excuse was for "everday use". I purchased the dicer (Model: R129) and am truly amazed at how well it performs. The blade is far thinner than I ever thought, but it seems to be very strong and is definitely very sharp. It overall doesn't have the fit and finish of the Wusthof (especially in the handle), but it is a fanastic knife that I enjoy using for virtually anything.

It even cuts ripe tomatoes well without any crushing.

I plan on purchasing more Rada Cutlery products in the future. Can't go wrong for the price. If you're on a budget or simply looking for a decent knife for the money, forget all others and JUST GO FOR THE RADA!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughing all the way, August 22, 2013
I received this "dicer" and unwrapped it and laughed for about 10 minutes. As it sat on my coffee table the rest of the evening I continued to laugh. It has a dinky little handle and a dinky little cutting surface. Well, the joke is on me. I was going to banish it to the room of misfit kitchen gadgets before I even used it, but I thought I would try it anyway. It did cut a piece of paper, so I thought I would try it on some Mexican green onions. To my surprise, it cut right through. It seems to work best if I did and up and down motion with no slicing action. The handle is tiny. I am a male who wears large gloves which are too tight, or extra large gloves which are a little large. I choked up on the handle to pinch the blade and it did a great job on my Mexican green onions. To be honest, I usually use an 8.5 inch paper plate as a "flexible" cutting board and this miniature cleaver fits within the boundaries of the paper plate very well. I pull out the cutting board for larger jobs, but the paper plate suffices most of the time. That said, I wouldn't use my more expensive knives on a paper plate ever. I also cut up a regular yellow onion and it worked very well. This is made in America which swayed my purchase and I am glad I bought it. The handle is kind of small, but it has great value in relation to the price. I plan on buying another one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rada should offer a larger size, February 6, 2013
I bought the Rada dicer directly from the company, along with one of their bread knives. I've been wanting to try a cleaver type knife, and this one was cheap enough to toss if it turned out to be awful, and is American made.

However, it isn't awful, by a long shot. For me, I'd like one a bit larger, and if they offered one, I'd have already ordered it. I have a number of knives that I like but find myself reaching for this one more and more. The blade is very thin, but doesn't seem 'wobbly' or flexible. It cuts pretty well, but I've not used it for meat. I'm vegan, so mainly chop vegetables and fruits. One 'feature' that I really like is that the wide blade makes it easy to transfer your food once it is chopped. It is sort of like having a board scraper built into your knife. I'd recommend this, especially at the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cleaver, April 22, 2011
Nice and small, has a little weight to it. I mainly use it for veggies and small frozen pieces of ham but I have used it to break down chicken and portion steaks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, sharp and affordable knife, January 28, 2011
For the price, this knife serves well as a chopper of vegetables, fruits, and meat. It's sharp, well-balanced and affordable. Great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super sharp and beautiful, easy to clea, just don't cut yourself, February 22, 2013
Bought after Tim Ferriss recommendation in 4-hr chef. Great knife, comes in a protective sheath that can continue to protect the knife if you save it. Well balanced, sliced through cucumbers like tomatoes. For so cheap, this knife is pretty incredible.

5.0 out of 5 stars One-stop slicing and dicing, May 22, 2013
This was recommended in Fire (a cooking book) and I am more than impressed with it. I have an array of very expensive knives but find that I go to this almost all the time. It fits well in my hand, I can chop keeping the blade on the board, and it's very clean and quick. It's also relatively lightweight so that I don't tire when doing a lot of work. A surprise hit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this knife, May 8, 2013
I really love this knife! It is lightweight and very easy to use. You must keep it sharpened often but it works. I would recommend to everyone! Good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars BOSS, April 25, 2013
Sark (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
best knife I've ever bought. Hands down.

Easy to hold and learn proper knife technique, and functions as a great meat cleaver.

And it only cost like 11 bucks.

Buy this NOW.

5.0 out of 5 stars great dicer, April 15, 2013
this is a very nice chopper . It did a great job in cutting things you want very fine .

Rada Cutlery R129 Chef's Dicer with Aluminum Handle