1,484 of 1,507 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars duration of use, progress review
When I was looking into buying the nono I searched out reviews, hoping to find a review to tell me how the nono worked as the weeks progressed. I didn't find any, so I bought the nono and decided to do a week by week review for others looking into purchasing this device. There is a 60 day money back "guarantee", so here is my first week...

FOR THE MEN...
Published on November 3, 2011 by Melin

1.0 out of 5 stars Everything Tells me "Scam"
Please Note: This review is based on results for a man and not a woman.

My wife bought it for me as a Christmas present based on a blog/review.

Published on February 11, 2012 by Jim Watson

1,484 of 1,507 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars duration of use, progress review, November 3, 2011
Melin (Shenandoah Valley, VA USA) - See all my reviews

FOR THE MEN...
I am using this on my husband too. He is a body builder and wants a smooth chest. He has not had a full week yet, I will update when he does. Update below...

WHAT I AM DOING...
I am NOT using the lotion/buffers that come with the nono. My reasons are:

1. The lotion has parabens in it.
2. It is a hair growth inhibitor and I want to know I am getting the results from the nono device not the lotion.
3. I have sensitive skin and have tried hair buffers with no success.

I am using the nono daily, alternating body parts to every other day. The nono recommends using the nono 3-4 times a week so I am following the directions.

WEEK 1

I just finished my first week of the nono. Not much to tell yet, except I smell burning hair in my sleep now. LOL
I don't like the smaller thermacon attachment it feels like it gets closer to the skin and I burned my upper lip. This did not happen with the larger one. So I only use the larger one now.
I found I have to go slow and pass over the same spot 2-3 times for the hair to burn off. It is NOT smooth after using the nono, but I wasn't expecting it to be, at least not yet.

I'll change my rating as necessary and will update after I finish my second week.

Today is actually my third week. I did start to notice a slight thinning of the hair after 2 weeks but wasn't sure if it was my imagination or not. Now at 3 weeks I am getting a little excited about my results.

WEEK 3

The hair is definately thinner, not as course, and lighter. The hair on my legs (in addition to lighter and thinner) seems to be beginning to become a bit more sporadic. I noticed more of a difference in the hair on my arms than legs so far. The hair on my arms are so thin and light (extremely vellus) I can barely see them. (I am assuming this is maybe due to the hair already being less course in this area.) The hair growth has slowed down too. I am now alternating body parts to every 2 days. I also noticed I have little patches here and there that have nothing, mainly in the underarm area.

I use a loofah while showering to exfoliate the burned hair and then apply a natural moisturizer. The thermicon attachments seem to last also. I have used the same large thermicon since the beginning and the indicator shows it to still have 3 bars (measuring 3-0).

My husband has been using the NONO for his chest for 2 weeks now. He does not have a very hairy chest to begin with but has noticed a slower growth and a thinning in the hair.
I will update when he has more results. Also feel free to ask questions if I have not covered something you would like to know:)

WEEK 4

I just finished my 4th week and the hair seems to be getting very fine and soft. I imagine it is a much slower process due to me not using the growth inhibiting lotion.

My husband is not using it on a regular basis, so I apoligize for not being able to give more information on his use of the nono.

Middle of 5th week...OK so my NONO is not working correctly. I called customer service and they are sending me a new one and starting my 60 days over again. I suppose I can't complain about that assuming this was a malfuction in the device I recieved and not that the device itself is crap. This kind of screws up my 6 week review for you so I will continue to review after I recieve my new nono. It will be interesting to see if the time lapse will effect the hair growth. I will keep you posted.

12-4-11
Ok I just received my new NONO 12-3. I am a few days behind schedule, I have 3 days to finish my 5th week and will update on the 7th. I was without my NONO for 5 days and did not notice new hair growth or anything to make me think I was set back.

12-7-11
WEEK 5
I just finished my 5th week with the NONO and I have to say that I am happy with my results. I even changed my rating!
The hair on my arms is almost gone. If I look closely I can see baby fine hairs. I would definitely have to say the process has been slower with my legs than other areas, but the results are coming along. The hair on my legs is very light and soft, I feel more skin than hair if I run my hand against the growth. Any vellus hair I had is gone and the hair that was course is becoming vellus. I have larger patches that have nothing. The growth is now extremely slow. I hardly had any new growth during my 5 day hiatus.
The thermicon I was using ran out, so I would say they last about a month.
I think it will take more than 6 weeks to get the desired results I am looking for. But I think it will be worth it. I am happy to answer any questions. I hope my review helps. :)

I will update again on the 14th.

12-16-11
The NONO is on it's last chance with me. I had to send back my 2nd NONO due it not even turning on after charging, it also blew the wire on both of my thermicon attachments. Customer service sent me a new NONO and new attachments and started my 60 day trial over. AGAIN. I asked for the Black nono this time after the representive made me aware that it is the latest to be released and they have not had the black nonos returned. So far so good but I have only had this one now for a day. I would have given up and gotten my money back if it were not for the fact that I have noticed such a difference in my hair growth. I really hope this one is not defective. My last two were pink whether this is relevent or not I can't say but I would want to know if I was reading this review.
AND of course due to another set back in time I am not prepared for my 6 week review. I realize my two returns may have made the decision for some but I will still post my 6th week to complete my review.

1-2-12
WEEK 6

I am happy to report that my new nono has been working great. Actually better than I imagined. I ordered the Black NONO on my second return and I feel it is more powerful. I can't say if it is due to finally having one that works or because it is marketed toward the male consumer. With the black nono 1 pass and the hair burns off.
I am very pleased with my results after 6 weeks. Any hair that was on my upper lip is gone. My chin (my problem area) has a few sporatic hairs that are not noticable. My arms are hairless, underarms have a few that I need to use the nono a couple times a week. My legs, (which have seemed to take the longest to see results) are showing progressively less regrowth.
I wanted to share a few tips for the upper lip I have learned through my use of the NONO device. (it took me awhile to get this one)
For upper lip: Again the larger thermicon the smaller one burns me. You can move the nono in toward the nose or outward toward the jawline (as the directions tell you to). But lets be honest that is not how the hair grows. I pull my lips in (as if evening out lipstick) and I stick my toung under my upper lip (depending on the area I am trying to reach) to make a smooth even surface for gliding the nono and not to get burned. And move in an upward motion. Start off on the lowest setting work from there to see what works for you. Do not tip the nono forward, more than a 90 degree angle, this always burned me in the beginning. It is ok to tip it back toward the roller a little. The NONO works best on short stubble. I made the mistake of letting my hair grow out before getting the NONO (used to having to do so for waxing) and it took me longer to use it and more passes to burn the hair.

I guess that is all for my review. I appreicate all your responses and I will be following any comments for questions. I hope my review helped in your decision to buy this device:)

1-19-12
Well today my new NONO (the black one) stopped working, it sounds like the motor on it is going. It seems like these things are designed to work for 30-50 days and break in some way. So I have a choice to make... get a new nono every 50 days or so (as they keep starting over my 60 days) or just get my money back and search out the next best way for hair removal. I'm very disappointed!

6-21-12
I wanted to give a little update... I did receive another replacement nono. This one has been working fine with no problems. I am still using my nono and remain happy with my results. It is not a device that will make you "completely hairless" in my opinion, but the difference is enough for me to find it worth it.

I would also like to clear up some confusion, I have been questioned about my four star rating then me saying that I am disappointed... I was disappointed about the devices malfunctioning on me, but not the results I got using the nono. My rating it based on my results as I can not honestly say that my experience in receiving malfunctioning devices is typical or not. However, it is only fair to let any other consumer make the choice to purchase one for themselves by me simply sharing my experience.

Melin

1.0 out of 5 stars Everything Tells me "Scam", February 11, 2012
Jim Watson (New Haven, CT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Radiancy no!no! Hair 8800, Silver (Misc.)
Please Note: This review is based on results for a man and not a woman.

My wife bought it for me as a Christmas present based on a blog/review.

1. The blow review made it sound like a miracle device. The company appears to be linked to, or in business with, this blog and the blogger gets a percentage of every sale that comes from them driving people to the no-no website to purchase. Clearly the blog review was not attempting to give an unbiased review, and was trying to make it sound like a miracle product just to make money.

2. I used the product exactly as the instructions state and the results were a process that took about 6 - 12 times as long as shaving, did not work as well as shaving, smells AWFUL like burnt hair, and offers no thinning of hair or permanent results. The hair is essentially burnt off and stinks, and it burnt off near the follicle but not as close to the follicle as just shaving.

3. Again, followed the instruction and used the highest setting possible for a full month religiously and nothing but awful smelling burnt hair that grows back faster than shaving and is stubbly. This might work on areas where there is just thin soft hair to begin with, but clearly not designed for a man who might have coarser hair.

4. Now another part of the scam-like tactics: My wife tries to return this and, while eventually successful, they try every trick in the book to get her to not return it. Here are some of the things this company did:

Customer service rep hounded my wife for a long time while I was at work constantly questioning her about whether I had followed the instructions properly. It was borderline interrogation. They didn't simply ask "You're sure he followed the directions right and still wants to return it?" ... no, they wanted to know EXACTLY every step I took and were hoping she would tell them one little step that wasn't perfectly in line with their directions so they could deny her return. Then they asked her if she had tried it and when she said no, they tried to ask her to give it a try and see if she liked it. Of course, if she tried it and it didn't work, by the time she tried to return it again the 60 days would have passed. Nice try. She said no, and they offered her $90 to keep it and not return it. What?!? Unbelievable. Now they're bribing you? No reputable company runs their returns this way. Seems like a total scam to me.

1.0 out of 5 stars BAD News, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Radiancy no!no! Hair 8800, Silver (Misc.)
I was very dissatisfied in this product. I tried it faithfully and Patiently and as described in the instructions and the product web page as well as on the TV. I used it for the two months as recommended. It did not remove the hair. It seemed to melt some of it to skin level, and the next day it was back. I did not "Get sexy, smooth, touchable skin that lasts and lasts with the no!no!' as promised. I am very disappointed, because it would have been wonderful if it did work. I emailed the NONO Company, from their web page, to ask advice, and did not receive a response.
EVEN WORSE, Amazon did not stand by the guarantee that's advertised. They accepted return of the product, but did not credit my account for the full purchase price. So, along with my disappointment, I feel deceived and cheated.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Permanent hair Removal for Me, April 27, 2012
A. Bonner (Perkiomenville, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Radiancy no!no! Hair 8800, Silver (Misc.)
I saw that the reviews were very mixed, but I wanted this to work and I knew that Amazon would stand by what they sell. Followed the directions exactly; this is a serious time investment. A couple times a week, you spend 20-30 minutes carefully removing hair. It smelled a bit and the hair removal was no way as smooth as a fresh shave or waxing. But I persisted, because if it was permanent, it would be worth it. (I should note that I used it on upper lip --very difficult--and bikini area, legs and underarms--also very tricky. I have an average amount of hair; not particularly heavy or light.) After 6 weeks, the prescribed amount of time, I was seeing no difference and I knew I would not be happy with the results once shorts and bathing suits were being worn. I returned it to Amazon--but now there is a restocking fee if items are not returned within 30 days (remember this takes a purported 6 weeks to work? ) So lessons learned---and hopefully I save someone else a few bucks. This is not a solution.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work. Return process was difficult. Return shipping not refunded., May 9, 2012
This review is from: Radiancy no!no! Hair 8800, Silver (Misc.)
This is the first time I bought something because of a TV commercial. It looked so simple, easy and convincing.

But this product is nothing like it claims. First of all, it is finicky to use and often did nothing (you can tell because the light was not flashing). When I got the light flashing it was extremely time consuming. I spent a lot of time on a small area, because it did not always work and needed multiple swipes to produce any sort of result. To treat an area sized 2-3 inches I needed to spend several hours. It can manage only light and fine hair that almost invisible anyway. The product claims that it will not grow back over time, but the hair does grow back.

I bought the product on a special discount using the promo on the TV commercial. I was worried about getting my money back given how false the other claims were. It took some aggressive screaming over the phone to get them to give me a refund, but they never refunded the cost of shipping the No!no! unit back even though in their advertising they promise it.

I DID NOT LIKE:

1) Hard to use
2) Did not work on all hair
3) Took a lot of time to produce poor results
4) Hair grew back
5) Return process was difficult

I LIKED:

1) Commercial. (Sigh....)

No! NO! NO! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

Ali Julia review

3.0 out of 5 stars Thought it was a scam - I was wrong, June 19, 2011
As someone who used to wax just about everything, I spent a lot of time and money on hair removal.
I was super excited with the promises of the first nono! but the advertising looked dodgy to me - so waited to see what sort of product reviews it would get (while hoping the price would come down). When the second generation came out (and the reviews I found were overall positive) I figured this was now a proven product and any kinks would have been worked out - maybe it wasn't too good to be true?

My strategy; I was going to start with full legs then move on to arms and all going well buy the face attachment.
I've now been using the nono! for two months on my legs and the softer hairs are just starting to stop appearing. About a month ago though I was thinking the stupid thing didn't work and tested it on my wrist - a month later and they still haven't grown back!

Things you need to know
- you need to use this product regularly, FOR MONTHS for it to work
- allow an hour to get the hang of it, angle and speed are everything
- it doesn't hurt, at all. seriously, it sometimes feels a little warm that's is
- burnt hair smells, open a window before you start

So progress is slow but I'm going to stick it out, for the moment its a bit like using an electric razor with prickly legs two days later.
When I get fed up I double check the regrowth on my wrist.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seriously...consider this before buying, March 12, 2012
S. Yin (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Radiancy no!no! Hair 8800, Silver (Misc.)
Hope this review can help shed some light for those who are considering in purchasing a no-no. I'm sure many people are skeptical about the no-no due to the large number of negative reviews, including this one. I wanted to purchase a no-no, but I had several questions (or concerns) that I wanted answers to first before dropping $270.00. I visited their website and filled out the contact form with a barrage of questions...

Here's are some of the questions I asked:

=========================
1. Not really a questions, but I wanted their response or statement to the numerous complaints about the no-no breaking within weeks or a few months. (Is it strategically designed to 'conveniently' malfunction after the 60-day guarantee expires??)

2. Is it true that certain models have a higher rate of failure?

3. Why such a limited warranty? $270.00 is not cheap. If it breaks after the 60-days guarantee, am I left with a $270.00 paperweight? What will the company do to help its customers?
=========================

One week later and still no reply. So, taking matters into my own hand, I called their 888 customer service number. I didn't catch his name, but his extension# is 39. He didn't have clear or concise answers for any of my questions. Or maybe, he was not allowed to answer them... His answers read like a script. He tried to dodge the 3rd questions above, because if he had answered, it would have painted a negative picture of their company. He abruptly cut me off and said, "thanks for calling, have a good day," and hung up.

Here are more details of the conversation between me and the customer service rep. In follow-up to the questions above:

=========================
1. He says he has no knowledge of any negative consumer reviews of no-no. (Surprise surprise, right?) According to him, all negative reviewers had unrealistic expectations of the no-no because they didn't see immediate results after the product.

>>>Well...that was not my concern at all. I KNOW patience is required to see results. Actually, I believe it will do what it's advertised to do. My concern is the large number of defective no-no's being returned or replaced.

>>>As for the 60-days guarantee? He did offer some clarification on this. Yes, there is a 60-days guarantee where you can try no-no for free, and if you don't like it, you can send it back, no questions asked. If you purchase the no-no after the 60-days guarantee is over, they now have EXTENDED the warranty to **2 YEARS**. If you get a replacement for a defective device, it does NOT reset the warranty clock. (Although, I've seen a couple of reviews where they've been able to get their warranty got extended because of multiple defective devices and replacements.) I brought this up to the customer service rep, and he says they don't do this...so just be aware...

2. So, do some models break more than others? One reviewer called customer service for a 3rd no-no replacement. The representative suggested to her to get the black no-no (no-no for men) as those rarely got returned. (hmm...so...is this an indication that there *is* an issue of defective no-no's being returned...)

>>>I shared this reviewer's experience with the representative I was speaking to, and he doesn't basically called this reviewer a LIAR. Representatives will not divulge that kind of information. Sure. As for the no-no for men and no-no for women, he said the only difference between the two are the colors.

3. Limited warranty... the rep completely went off on a tangent when I brought up this subject. He started reading a script and tried to get me to jump aboard and take advantage of their special promotion..."get 1 no-no today, get a second no-no for only $199.99..." W-O-W. Ridiculous.

>>>I kept pressing my questions/concerns about AFTER the 2-year warranty. Customers can get as many replacements as needed during the 2-year warranty period, but if they keep receiving defective device that break in a matter of weeks/months, what happens then? Are we just SOL? The representative turned into a broken record and kept going back to case scenarios within 2-year warranty.

>>>My final question to him: "If you (the customer service representative) review an account history of a customer, and you see that they have gone through multiple no-no replacements over a 2-year period (let's say 5...and that's being generous), you would really offer no assistance to the customer once their 2-year warranty expires?" He didn't reply yes or no, only that they cannot replace no-no's after the 2-years are up.

>>>Last thing I said to him before he hung up on me: It's not that customers give up on your product, it's your company that's giving up on your customers.
=========================

Customer loyalty? Doesn't exist here. They don't care. They'll leave you high and dry...with a $270.00 paperweight...

Bottom line: This doesn't feel right at all to me. I've concluded that Radiancy does not fully stand behind the quality of their products. They know it will break over time. In fact, the representative (Mr. Extension #39) mentioned that there are logged "batches" of no-no's that are known to be defective. Something else to be aware of. WILL YOU BE ONE OF THE UNLUCKY ONES?

I'm sure, given time and patience, no-no will do what is promised in their advertisement. However, it's not worth the money, time, and frustration. Don't invest in something that has a track record of breaking over short amount of time. How many replacements will you put up with before calling it quits? Ask yourself these questions before you decide to buy. Think it over...seriously.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!!!, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Radiancy no!no! Hair 8800, Silver (Misc.)
This product is absolutely a waste of money. I was very excited about receiving it since I had seen the infomercials on how great it is. This product is useless unless you have 24 hours a day devoted to removing hair. Even then, the hair still remains. At least with my epilator it hurts like crazy, but the hair is gone!

1.0 out of 5 stars A high-priced cigarette lighter., November 26, 2012
This review is from: Radiancy no!no! Hair 8800, Silver (Misc.)
This device is basically just a fancy cigarette lighter; it burns hair off. Only, for reasons of safety, it's not a close shave, nor a smooth one. It does NOT inhibit or prevent regrowth. The lotion they send with it does that. The same kind of inhibitor you will find at a local store. A bic lighter and a bottle of lotion costs $7.50. A No-NO costs $270. Either route produces the same results and lasts roughly the same period of time. My No-No made it 8 weeks before it stopped functioning. My bic lasted a week less before running out of fuel. So, to recap, that's $33 a day to burn away hair with No-No, or 4 cents a day for the Walmart method. Do the math, and don't say you weren't warned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Do It, July 14, 2011
I typed a review under the old model but I actually have this one, the 8800. It did not remove underarm or leg hair and I don't have much of either. Also forget bikini or Brazilian. I was so hopeful when I got this but it left all my hair in place! The burning smell was there but no hair removal. I thought maybe it would work on me despite skeptical reviews, and I was sadly disappointed. I would give this product 0 stars if amazon allowed it.

It's been a week since and now I have ingrowns. Thx nono for worse than nothing.

Radiancy no!no! Hair 8800, Silver