From the Back Cover
OLD AS THE ROMANS, RADIANT FLOOR HEATING IS WHAT CUSTOMERS WANT TODAY!
Customer demand has made in-floor radiant heat the fastest growing sector of the home heating market. And no wonder. This healthy, quiet, economical, and clean method of heating--invented in the Roman empire--is now also durable and reliable, thanks to new materials and advances.
This guide from master plumber, longtime contractor, and renowned how-to author R. Dodge Woodson brings plumbing and construction pros (and even savvy do-it-yourselfers) all the details and know-how needed to:
* Understand and explain the advantages of in-floor radiant heating
* Install, test, and debug embedded and dry radiant heat systems in new or existing homes
* Create heating zones for variable temperatures throughout a house
* Offer hot water heating as part of your system
* Heat seldom-used areas and provide outdoor ice removal and other add-on amenities
* Select superior equipment--tubing, boilers, expansion tanks, pumps, and controls
* Troubleshoot and repair system problems
* Avoid common errors and mishaps
RADIANT HEATING IS HOT!
More and more customers want in-floor radiant heat because of these benefits:
Low cost operation, installation, and equipment
Healthy and cozy warmth for lower body without overheating upper body
Quieter and cleaner than forced air systems
Can be combined with hot water heating for additional savings
About the Author
R. Dodge Woodson (Fort Fairfield, ME) has over 20 years' experience as a home builder, contractor, master plumber, and real estate broker. He is the author of many McGraw-Hill books, including Be A Successful Building Contractor 2/e, and National Plumbing Codes Handbook 2/e.