5.0 out of 5 stars Choose to Love, choose to grow, take responsibility., June 4, 2010
This review is from: Radiant Joy Brilliant Love: Secrets for Creating an Extraordinary Life and Profound Intimacy With Your Partner (Paperback)
A powerful Instrument for learning love by doing exactly what its reviewers claimed. You won't digest this book, it will digest you. Reading it is like importing a computer virus that replaces everything in your hard drive regarding love that was wishy-washy and full of victimhood and installs clarity and personal responsibility. The light is so bright it may hurt your eyes. Clinton Callahan establishes a new "possibility" language that builds on and synthesizes previous psychological models and creates powerful new personal growth tools for self and relationship. This book is the closest thing to a manual of Awareness and Awakening that I have ever encountered. There is no where to hide from yourself after you've read this book. If you read it, you will share it with everyone who is important to you and use the concepts and experiments revealed every day for the rest of your blessed life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for partner relationships, January 14, 2008
N. Lewis (Bellingham, WA) - See all my reviews
Although the subtitle suggests that this book is for people who want to build a more satisfying relationship with a partner (and it is that), the book actually provides fundamentally new ways for creating and being in any relationship. Typically we entrap ourselves in a well-defended box made of unchallenged ideas, opinions, and values imposed upon us by our culture and peers. Relationships between boxes are what the author refers to as "ordinary human relationship," and it's the only kind of relationship most of us ever know. While the book alerts the reader to the existence of two higher levels of relationship (extraordinary and Archetypal) and guides him or her to those higher levels, a browser can gain substantive value by simply opening the book and reading a few pages at random. It's hard to avoid a new idea, an inspirational anecdote, or a challenging exercise that crawls its way into your psyche. But be forewarned. This is a dangerous book. On the back cover there's a disclaimer in a highlighted box that says, "Warning: You will not work with this book--this book works with you. This book is filled with memetic viruses--ideas that swarm through every level of your thinking, replacing any ideas they find that are formulated with less clarity. Your mind will not digest this book. This book digests your mind. If you do not want your present ideas about relationship seriously reordered, do not read this book." Take it seriously.

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought this was for other people!, January 25, 2008
I have been happily married for 33 years. Many of my friends and acquaintances have not. They are divorced, some several times. They are unhappy and unsatisfied in their current relationships. They have resigned themselves to an "OK" relationship, but the passion and energy for joining together with their partner in a deeper and vibrant life died long ago. When I heard someone talk about Radiant Joy Brilliant Love, I thought that the book was for them, the unhappy people, not for me. I already had a good relationship. My partnership was full of life. But, this book is explosive! It has given me so many new ideas for looking at my life and my relationship in vital ways that I never imagined before. I am so grateful for the serious time I've devoted to this challenging but rewarding book. I highly recommend it to anyone in a partnered relationship, even--perhaps especially--if they think their current relationship is as good as it can get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jammed backed with great information, February 22, 2014
I just started this book and I am already enthralled. Can't wait to get into the meat of what the author has to say about relationships. This is a no holds bared look at the games we play with our lives and how this affects our relationships with others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book on relationships, December 16, 2012
A HUGE book with lots of insights on what makes relationships filled with joy and for creating an extraordinary life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unchained Melodies, September 28, 2008
Patricia B. Ross (Wellesley, MA USA) - See all my reviews
If you can envision it, you can do it.
Why would anyone want limited love?

In love, one must carve a path to get there; there are no roads to follow except those created together. No one loves alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Radiant Book!, October 29, 2014