From the Back Cover
Project management for today's complex, chaotic business environments.
- XPM: the first radically new approach to project management in decades!
- Designed from the ground up for today's high-speed, fast-changing projects
- Refocusing project management focused on people, relationships, and adding value!
- Innovative new XPM tools: how to make them work in your organization
Traditional project management doesn't work any more: it's inward-looking, static, and just can't respond to rapid, constant change. Radical Project Management looks outward to stakeholders, management, and clientsand thoroughly involves them from start to finish. Moreover, it assumes that everything will changeand defines a flexible, ongoing project management process that encompasses both project development and support. In this book, Rob Thomsett, one of the world's leading project management consultants, presents XPM from start to finishand introduces every tool and technique you need to make it work in your organization.
- Refocusing project management on what matters most: people, relationships, and adding value
- 11 radically new rules for project managers to live by
- Innovative new XPM tools, and how to use them
- "Open Planning" and stakeholder ownership: the heart of successful project management
- New XPM metrics and project-tracking techniques
- Why project managers don't need to know the gory technical details
- Detailed case studies: how XPM is enabling creative people to do truly great work
If you've always suspected there's a more agile, flexible, intelligent way to manage projects, you're rightand XPM is it. Discover for yourself, with the most authoritative, complete, useful XPM guide ever written: Radical Project Management by Rob Thomsett.
About the Author
ROB THOMSETT is a Senior Consultant with Cutter Consortium's Agile Project Management and Business-IT Strategies Practices, a contributor to Cutter Consortium's Advisory Services, and director of The Thomsett Company. He has consulted in and taught project management since 1974. Over 20,000 professionals have attended his workshops in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Hong Kong, Italy, and Australia, and his radical approach to project management has been adopted by many major global organizations. Thomsett is author of People and Project Management and Third Wave Project Management, both from Prentice Hall PTR. Ed Yourdon has called him "one of the world's leading project management gurus."
See all Editorial Reviews