5.0 out of 5 stars A very important book and a very important mission
As the author of the book "The Doctor Who Cures Cancer," I believe "Radical Remissions is a big step forward towards creating critical mass.

Published 6 months ago by Kelley Eidem, author of The Do...

3.0 out of 5 stars Increased Awareness
Most people are unfamiliar with spontaneous remissions. This will open their eyes and cause them to explore the reasons why these happen. The author gathers the 9 primary methods/practices that these survivors employed. No one can determine at this point which of the changes in their life was the determining factor. But, as a two time cancer survivor myself, I admit...
Published 3 months ago by Sharon Luther

5.0 out of 5 stars A very important book and a very important mission, March 21, 2014
This review is from: Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against All Odds (Hardcover)

Turner points out in her book that not one doctor she asked who had personally witnessed a Radical Remission had tried to publish the case as a classic case study. She also points out that there are over 1,000 reports of "spontaneous remissions" that have been reported in the medical literature, but that they weren't being pursued by researchers as to the commonalities among them. Turner has done that!

She asked the right questions, "Why did each of these people experience a spontaneous remission? What it spontaneous or was it something they did?" She found out that their remissions were due to something they did.

Turner also highlights how it is by focusing on the anomalies that new discoveries are made. Whether it be Dr. Revici's discoveries, the discovery of penicillin, etc, it is almost always in the exceptional case where the discovery is made.

The book then goes forth to expand on the 9 biggest commonalities that she uncovered so that cancer patients can try them for themselves.

Turner continues to collect more cases to help verify her findings. In her book, she calls her findings a hypothesis. She wants to see more attention devoted to her data to confirm and expand her findings.

We can be sure that the cancer industry will close ranks and not follow through on Turner's goal just as they have for the past 100 years. But the book and her continued mission is a GIGANTIC step towards greater awareness about the real ways to cure cancer.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Treasury of Inspiration, March 18, 2014
RADICAL REMISSION shows that true healing often involves more than medical treatments.
Kelly Turner shows that transformation of the mind, the heart, the emotions, nutrition
and relationships are also essential. Her book contains a treasury of inspiring stories
and clear analysis, showing that inner transformation can produce positive changes
leading to true healing for body, mind and spirit. Recommended for all readers interested
in personal growth and development, not just cancer patients!
(Sarto Schickel, Author of Cancer Healing Odyssey)

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a book which uses research which supports non-medical invasive cures, March 19, 2014
As someone who is always interested in alternative remedies outside of medicine, I purchased this book in hopes to learn more about the subject. The book was so much more than I expected in that not only was it well researched, but was written in such a way that it did not feel like an academic reading. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars A DEFINITE READ FOR THOSE GOING THROUGH CANCER, March 21, 2014
I was diagnosed at 39 with stage IV, ER/PR+, HER2/neu - breast cancer which was found through a bone biopsy of my T5 vertebra. Though I did some western medicine treatments (lumpectomy, radiation to T5, complete hysterectomy, drug to strengthen my bones, and antihormone therapy, I also incorportated a lot of natural means to my healing. I am happy to say I have been in complete remission since May 2013! When I started reading this book, I was amazed at the 9 common things radical remssion survivors were doing because I was, and still am, doing the SAME things! This is a must read for anyone touched by cancer because we don't have to stay narrow minded to western medicine and endure all of the damage and side effects that go along with western treatment. I appreciate Dr. Turner for her research and this book because now those of us that are doing things against the "norm" are being heard and there is proof that you can fight cancer without chemotherapy and/or surgery or you can adopt other ways with minimal western treatment as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Western Medicine often fails cancer patients, March 21, 2014
This book confirms my belief that Western medicine totally misses the mark when it comes to cancer treatment. Surgery and chemical/nuclear warfare destroy your immune system which is probably contributing to a cancer patient's death. In trying to "kill" the cancer, they hope that the patient survives. Enhancing the immune system to do it's natural function makes much more sense. Unfortunately, the pharmaceutical companies fund the research which is geared towards selling chemo drugs at $50,000 per dose. I hope Dr. Turner's hypothesis leads to a more humane, less costly and less toxic approach to cancer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book even for people without cancer, March 19, 2014
I am intrigued by the idea of self healing so was excited to read this book. Radical Remission is even better than I hoped. The years of research as well as first person stories about people who have recovered from even terminal diagnoses put forth by Dr. Turner make for a compelling read about not only healing, but what we put in our bodies, the mind/body connection, alternative healing modalities, and ultimately the power of taking your health into your own hands. A fantastic book, highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Remission from cancer by natural means really happens!, March 19, 2014
Radical remission from cancer by natural means really does happen, and this highly readable book is filled with fascinating stories and convincing, science-based evidence that reveals how that may be possible. Kelly Turner interviewed over 100 survivors and studied over 1000 cases of those who have accomplished this amazing feat, and she reveals the 9 key healing factors they had in common. This information is not only valuable for those who have cancer, or know someone who does, but it's also useful for preventing cancer in the first place. I highly recommend this important and inspiring book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and informative book about body/mind healing of cancer, March 21, 2014
Phyllis Stern (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I knew about Dr. Turner's research and eagerly anticipated her book. She travelled around the world and interviewed people who healed and healers. She asks in the book, if we are fighting a war on cancer, doesn't it makes sense to speak to those who've won? The personal stories of people who healed are inspiring and absorbing to read, and the book is full of suggestions that are easy to put into practice. Many people have healed from cancer that was called by doctors "late stage," by building up their immune systems and flooding their bodies with healthy foods, supplements and thoughts, clearing out stuck emotions, and strengthening the body's own ability to heal. The book itself is nourishing and health-giving. Dr. Turner's book will inspire and support those of us committed to healing. I appreciate her sincere desire to help and her courage to tell these stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remission from Serious Cancer Illness Might be More Possible Than We Have Otherwise Been Lead to Believe, March 24, 2014
I recently finished reading a review copy of this book and really loved it. Dr. Turner shares very clear and readable explanations of the various physiological processes involved with cancer and its treatments and how they affect and are affected by our emotional/spiritual aspects. It was written so clearly and was so interesting that I could hardly put it down, much in the way I feel when I read a gripping novel.

Compelling personal stories are recounted from people who have come out the other side of terminal cancer diagnoses along with their own interpretations of what healing methods worked for them. Turner stresses that because we are all so multi-faceted there is no one fix that will serve everyone, although the 9 healing aspects she synthesizes were utilized by all of the survivors to one degree or another. I don't mean to sound like all of these elements are hard-work and scare anyone away (nine sounds like a lot!) For example 'social support' is one element that comes TO the patient, not 'FROM' the patient.

These nine healing paths present practical wisdom for assisting one's own body in maintaining and regaining health and balance for everyone, not just folks on the cancer journey. A few are focused on our physical aspects (diet and supplements) the rest focus on other areas of our lives. At no point does Dr. Turner or the survivors that she interviews ever pass judgement on people who follow the conventional 'poison/slash/burn' approach western medicine prescribes. If you are a person who is 'not into' holistic, complementary or additudinal healing methods for your own journey, you will still feel much comfort and inspiration in this book. Many of the survivors elected to use one or more of the standard prescriptions, most often surgery to shrink the tumour along with the nine healing paths outlined in this book. If you do employ some of these techniques, you will feel empowered in your choices. Dr. Turner also interviews healing practitioners who share their views on why their techniques and processes might be working for their patients and even though I have already read widely in this area, I learned much from these interviews.

As a person who has not had cancer personally, but has witnessed it's devastation close up with family members, I am committed to doing all in my power to first, prevent it and 2nd if I do end up getting it or any other serious illness, doing everything I can to increase my own immune system's ability to heal. This book is a wonderful, sensible, practical, doable supportive tool to accompany me on this journey.

I'd also like to point out to readers that if they really love this book like I did and want to read further, they will find Dr. Turner's findings very compatible with those in the 1995 book Remarkable Recovery http://www.amazon.ca/Remarkable-Recovery-Extraordinary-Healings-Getting/dp/1573220000. I loved this book and it's message and was sad that there was so little written focusing on 'spontaneous remission'. That the findings are almost identical these 20 years later, and that there has since been so little published in the mainstream media on this topic until Dr. Turner's book I find extraordinary. I wouldn't normally include another author's book in a book review except for that this is such an important topic and the more we are aware of the research and findings and individual real-life examples of terminal cancer survivors, the more we are empowered and inspired to understand how these principals can work for us and our loved ones so that we can all have more enjoyable lives and hopeful futures.

I have deep gratitude towards Dr. Turner for taking the time to do this research and for making the effort to share her findings with all of us. I also am deeply grateful to the many people who have survived 'incurable cancer' and were willing to share their stories with Dr. Turner and her readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a book about Healing and Cancer, March 21, 2014
Cindy Burich (Deadwood, South Dakota) - See all my reviews
This book clearly is about how amazing our bodies are and how the medical profession does not even try to tap into what it can do. It has such good principals to follow to help support your immune system and just good principals for eating even if you do not have cancer. I am so thankful that she has compiled these stories as they do happen with more frequency than I even imagined. I hope that this book makes radical changes in how people view their food choices and lifestyle choices. Our bodies can do amazing things if we only give it the tools to do it. It's not just a "miracle" that people are healed....it's that everyone has that "miracle" inside them....it's called the ability of the body to heal itself. I wish more doctors would tap into that miracle we all have inside us.

Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against All Odds
Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against All Odds by Kelly A. Turner (Hardcover - March 18, 2014)
$25.99 $19.70