Abigail R. Esman is an unusually talented writer.... Radical State: How Jihad Is Winning Over Democracy in the West should be on the nightstand of anyone seeking to understand the world around them and how quickly it is changing.
--forbes.comA gripping account of the threat posed to the global community by radical Islam. [...] Esman issues a challenge to the West. I issue another: Go out and get [her] compelling book.
--The Investigative Project on TerrorismAn "elegiac, insightful and sweeping new book...a profoundly moving, personal account"
--Robert Spencer, JihadWatch
• Is the only book that carefully examines the changes Muslim immigration has stimulated in European/Western culture since 1990, measuring the influences and effects not only of Muslim immigrants, but also of the European/Western response
• Reveals little-known truths about Muslim society and the lives of Muslim families in the Western world
• Uses events in the art world as a lens through which the rest of society can be viewed, bringing new insights to the issues—and possible solutions
• Includes never-before-published interviews with Ayaan Hirsi Ali, outspoken defender of women's rights in Islamic societies, who worked with director Theo van Gogh on the film Submission and was forced into hiding after Van Gogh was assassinated
• Includes interviews with experts and government officials and information from intelligence and government reports
• Details important interactions between the author and key figures in the international struggle to resolve the current "clash of civilizations"
"Her book should be on the nightstand of anyone seeking to understand the world around them and how quickly it is changing. … It is about art and feminism and terrorism and politics and Esman pulls it off brilliantly."
"A new book by Abigal R. Esman, who has lived in Holland until now, is an eye opener. … I strongly recommend it to you. It should be required reading at the Israeli Foreign Ministry."
"This book is a wake-up call not just to the governments of Europe, but also to that of the United States….Go out and get Abigail Esman's compelling book…"
The Investigative Project on Terrorism
"… elegiac, insightful and sweeping new book … It's a profoundly moving, personal account of how the stealth jihad has advanced in the Netherlands over the last decade and more, written by someone who was in the center of it all."
"… powerful and sobering book …"
"…Esman offers a clear and powerfully evocative account of the process whereby Islamist political agitators, violent Muslim criminals, and Muslim terrorist idealogues are, step by step, bring about the demise of a Western democracy."
Middle East Quarterly