Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

Color: Red|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 12, 2012
This tricycle is fantastic and both of my children absolutely love it. We already own the classic red tricycle and as of last month our 24month old daughter is fighting her brother for the tricycle (sharing is obviously not an option). Anyway - we have had the classic red for almost two years now and we have had nothing but good experiences which is why we decided to get the pink one for our daughter.
She still needs some help to ge going so the push handle comes in handy.

Our family loves this product in red and in pink. It really is a great toy.

P.s.: I am really tired of reading bad reviews from people who didn't do their "homework" when it comes to doing research on products they want to purchase.
The Radio Flyer Classic Tricycle does have a push handle which works just fine. If you were looking for a tricycle that can also be steered - THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU. All this really does is push! Your child will have to do the steering. This tricycle also does not have a coast function for your kid so if you want your child to be lazy and just sit there with his feet resting - THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT PRODUCT FOR YOU. The pedals will start moving as soon as this tricycle is in motion.
33 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2010
We boght this tricycle two weeks ago for our 18 month old son. He is definitely too little to ride it by himself and his feet can barely reach the pedals but he loves it anyway. We go for a walk every day and he enjoys being pushed around on it. He has alrady started to figure out how to steer the tricycle. I think the Radio Flyer Classic Red is a wonderful classic toy with a great educational value.
Materials are sturdy so the tricycle should last us for a long time. Assembly is very easy and only takes about 5 minutes.
The only complaint I would have is the fact that rubber tires smell horrific. We could not keep the trike in the house the first few days as the smell was disgusting and unbearable. But that sure doesn't stop it from being a great toy. THUMBS UP. Great buy!
11 comment|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2011
I bought this trike for my daughter who is almost 2, but long legged and physically agile. I really liked that there was no plastic, and it had that classic look. She obviously cannot ride a trike by herself yet, so we had to push her. I didn't know what features I wanted UNTIL I got this trike and it didn't have them. I really wish that the front pedals had a coast feature. They will pedal even if you are just pushing, so my daughter's pants kept getting caught up in them. She couldn't just rest her feet on them and got frustrated and wanted off. Also, the handle is for pushing only, not steering. If you want to steer, you have to push down so the front wheel is lifted and turn the back wheels. Like "popping a wheelie." Not fun at all. Especially since there is no seat back. And if your child moves the handlebars while you're pushing, you shoot off in that direction. There is a weird smell to the trike, like it just came off the powder coating line. Which it probably did, so I can forgive that. Just be sure not to store it in the house.

If your child knows her way around a trike and just needs some pushing uphill, this would be great. I wouldn't recommend for little guys and novices though. I returned it for a different Radio Flyer trike with the features I was looking for.
66 comments|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2010
We have a Kettler trike which was just too difficult for our very tall three year old to ride on. The Radio Flyer is a great choice if you have a toddler with long legs. The upright nature of the bike seems to be helping our toddler learn to peddle. I'd recommend the Radio Flyer.
on September 21, 2012
IWe bought this tricycle for our son's second birthday because we wanted a durable, old school trike (which this is)and we also needed something with a parent push handle since we knew our son was still pretty young to peddle himself. There was no problem with him reaching the peddles with the seat on the lowest setting (and he is small for his age) and he quickly got the hang of getting on and off by himself (and is so proud of it too).

My disappointment with this trike comes with the knut/clamp that holds the handle bars in place and with the parent push handle. The clamp can not be tightened enough to keep the handle bars from slipping off-center, which messes up the steering completely. (I think I remember reading this in another review and I thought, "well bare down, man, and tighten that sucker!"- but it CAN NOT be tightened sufficiently.
Also, the parent push handle pushes just fine, but doesn't steer the trike, and chances are if your kid can't peddle, they probably don't grasp steering either. So you can certainly push the trike straight if your kid doesn't touch the handle bars and veer you off course, or you can constantly be bending down to steer it yourself, in which case you will also end up having to realign those handle bars every so often too.

All-in-all this trike is cool and our son loves it, but we don't take it out as much as we would like because the features that are intended to make it "parent friendly" are just aggrivating. But once our son can ride it on his own it will be fine... except for having to carry a wrench around to fix those handle bars.
22 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2012
I really like this tricycle. It reminds me of when I was a kid way too long ago. Radio Flyer has been around a long time. I really like that. It has all the Radio Flyer quality that I was used to when I was a kid. Very sturdy and well built. Good instructions on how to assemble. It took me about 30 minutes to assemble only because I could not find my hammer. This is what took the most time. If I had all the tools available, it should have only taken 10 or 15 minutes at the most.

This tricycle has a rod in the back which allows you to keep your child going the right direction. This rod is a great addition for a beginner tricycle. It can be removed when no longer needed. If you push the rod slowly and help your child to steer with his or her arms and hands then your child will quickly learn how to steer this great toy. Start out slow and don't do the steering yourself. Pull and push on your child's arms and hands to steer the tricycle. This way they more quickly learn what is required to steer.

The only thing I did not like was that it was made in China. However, I did not ding the product for being made in China. The price was great for the quality of this product. I sure would like to see "Made in the USA" more. Kind of saddens you when the great toys of yesterday are no longer made in the good ole USA. Still rated it 5 stars because it does look to be very sturdy and should be around in the family a long time. I still use a 30 years old Radio Flyer wagon to pull my 2 year old in. I used it years ago with my second child who is now 30 years old. Sure do like the name brand.

NOTE: I was careful to read the reviews before I bought this tricycle for my 2 year old. Taking a few minutes reading reviews can save you a whole lot of time down the road. This is something I am doing more and more as I order more products over the internet versus buying locally. Most local retailers sell junk so you will have to buy again soon. This helps them maximize their profits. But does you little good. This is why I am more and more an internet shopper for what my family needs and wants. I live in a large metropolitan area with many stores close by and I am convinced that most of what the local stores are selling is junk so they can make another sale soon of the same type of product.
on June 18, 2012
If you are expecting a high-quality, durable product made to last, you will be unpleasantly surprised when you open the box and start assembling this tricycle. I still think our child will have fun on it, but I would guess that it won't be passed down to future generations. Wheels aren't true, rubber tires are already cracking, steel is very thin, and it came with several dings and scratches.
on July 1, 2013
She has loved this bike, and the handle makes it easy for the adult. Only problem is that in six months, it has rust spots in most of the soldered joints. Being a radio flyer, expected higher quality.
on May 17, 2014
Purchased this for my granddaughter based on Radio Flyer brand. The tricycle was made well enough for the price, with the exception that one rear wheel was deformed and the tricycle wouldn't run straight (deformation caused a serious wobble). Contacted customer service (via email) asking for a new wheel (<$10.00 part on Radio Flyer site). Long story short, never heard from them and never got the wheel. Now I have to send the entire unit back to Amazon for a full refund (which means taking a tricycle from a two year old). Not to mention a terrible waste of resources. This could have been handled easily and relatively inexpensively if Radio Flyer had done anything customer service-wise.
on July 29, 2013
Heavy to drag or carry when my kid doesn't want to use in the middle of the ride! Not fun dragging this thing back home. If I have another chance to buy, I'd have gotten him a plastic one. It would be nice if there is a way to lock the front wheel straight so when my kid decided not to use it, I could lock it straight and use push handle to roll it home.