Radio Flyer Girls Deluxe Steer and Stroll Trike, Pink
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Innovative internal gear steering feature which allows any adult to turn the front wheel with the push handle
- Free-wheeling pedals allows the rider to coast while the adult pushes
- Oversized steel tubular frame and durable molded wheels with grip tread with 10" front wheel
- Ringing bell, covered storage bin and adjustable front seat
- For ages 2-5 years
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
First the good points:
- Fairly easy to put together (instructions are even decent)
- Paint is applied nicely, with no chipping
- Being able to control the bike while walking it is great, and the parent steering wheel can be removed later
- Good for teaching your child to get confident on a tricycle
- Can replace a stroller for downtown walks
Some small problems:
- The wheels are made of hard plastic. They are fairly thin. After just a bit of use, I see significant wear. Inflatable tires would be much better.
- The tricycle will suddenly emit an ear-piercing screech. It's very difficult to pinpoint where the sound is coming from. I've been able to stop this by applying WD-40 or other lubricant to all the moving parts. The sound goes away for a while, then comes back again.
*** IMPORTANT ***
One very big problem:
The handlebar stem connects to the front wheel with an inadequate and potentially dangerous system. The two parts are joined with a clip that you tighten with a screwdriver. This clip is then covered with a piece of decorative plastic so you don't see it. The problem is, the clip loosens over time. At some unpredictable point, the handlebar and front wheel separate and the tricycle collapses. This happened to us on a trip. Fortunately, our daughter was not riding when this happened, as it would surely have caused injury. Still, I had to carry the tricycle in four parts for the rest of the trip. I re-installed the clip. Then I removed the decorative cap so I can see the clip.Read more ›
The quality of the materials is very good, sturdy plastic and solid metal tubing makes it not like a toy but rather like a real bicycle, the instructions are very easy to read and had it assembled in a breeze (my daughter helped out). The best thing I like is that I can control the steering and the fact that the pedals don't turn is a plus.
However, the best thing I like about this tricycle is that it is so well balanced, it does not tip over, my daughter has used other tricycles that tip over and fall when not moving and turning the handlebar all the way to the left or the right, this tricycle does not tip over and fall. I think it has to do with the base of the back wheels, if the back-base is too narrow or too wide it is destined to unbalance and fall.
My daughter and I absolutely love it!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this for my great grand baby who just turned 1. Mommy loves it, especially because she can control the handle bars right now, later, as baby gets older, steering can come... Read morePublished on January 1, 2014 by linda
This product is exactly what I expected! It does take some assembling but nothing that mom couldn't handle. Read morePublished on November 30, 2013 by Ashleygarcia
My daughters loves this trike, perfectly for her height, as she is a little tall for a 3 year old, and the handles are good and firm, help with steering on long walks. Read morePublished on November 17, 2013 by Marcus Smith
Purchased for my granddaughters 1st bday. My son had this when he was little but they have improved the handle to steer the bike. It's great! Read morePublished on June 6, 2013 by DEANNA
This is well built, cute, functional and exactly what I wanted. The pole allows dad to drive and push while my daughter explores and learns to peddle. Read morePublished on May 19, 2013 by J Dog