5.0 out of 5 stars A lot tougher than it looks - here is why
My daughter loves it - and the fact that she could customize her name on the bands. In a prior job, I used to buy scooters for a major retailer, and they had a lot more metal than this one. However, after two tests on this Radio Flyer Style N' Ride scooter, I think this one really is great and durable.
Test #1: I let my daughter's 200-lb uncle ride it around and you...
Published on January 16, 2012 by Ardeal

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking but.....
Published 23 months ago by Moona

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot tougher than it looks - here is why, January 16, 2012
Ardeal "Emi" (Atlanta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Test #1: I let my daughter's 200-lb uncle ride it around and you can't tell a difference even after a thorough inspection.
Test #2: I accidentally ran over the handle with our minivan - and, even though the caps at both ends of the (T) handle popped out and were bent, the rest of the handle is unaffected, and its ride was not affected at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Fun!, November 23, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My 7 year-old daughter loves this scooter! She likes the customizable bands and enjoyed picking out stickers for the bands. My only complaint about this product is how hard it was for me to take the sticker backing off. Most of the stickers gave me some trouble and I really had to use my fingernails to separate the sticker paper from the stickers. The stickers themselves were really cute and outside of the alphabet stickers (2-3 for each letter, with the exception of Q, which only has 1), there were stickers that would suit most girls. There are stickers with stars, hearts, pandas, dolphins, floral designs, peace signs, butterflies, basketball, volleyball, soccer, tennis, softball, kitties, puppies, horses, tie die, & ice cream bars. The stickers weren't difficult to apply & come off easily if you ever decide to change the sticker or reposition it, which I did a few times. The stickers will loose their stick eventually, of course, but I was able to take a few off and reposition them once when I originally put the on a little crooked.

The scooter only needed 4 screws, which are included, as well as the tool to screw them on. I easily put it together for my daughter.

I'm glad this scooter appeals to my not-so-athletic daughter because it will help her get exercise & teach her balance & coordination. The wider foot deck keeps her from being afraid of falling.

It seems really sturdy, as other products I've purchased from Radio Flyer are. I can see it getting scratched & scuffed from use, but I think it will hold up well overall. It's mostly metal, with foam surrounding the metal handlebars, plastic sides to the deck with metal in the middle, a plastic foot brake & plastic wheels. The wheels remind me of oversized roller blade wheels. I can see them wearing thin like roller blade wheels do, depending on the amount of use & surface used on. I'm sure Radio Flyer will make replacements available. The weight limit is 150 lbs.

In the past, I've had a great experience with Radio Flyer's customer service when I needed a replacement bell for our tricycle, since we lost the original bell. They sent me a new one for free! I feel this is another fun and quality product from Radio Flyer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Flying Fun...For Girls!, December 30, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We gave the RADIO FLYER STYLE N' RIDE SCOOTER to my four year old niece for Christmas, and she just loves it! After all, it is PINK! This scooter is quite easy to assemble. It comes with all the tools needed for assembly, but you can use your own if you want. The handle is easily height adjustable (3 settings), so it will grow as she does. And, did I mention, it is PINK!

Of course, in her eyes, the best part about the RADIO FLYER STYLE N' RIDE SCOOTER (aside from it being PINK!) is that it comes with a variety of stickers and plastic bands that fit on the stem. "Customizing" her scooter has become a new favorite activity for my niece. She loves that she can change its look as often as she wants.

The RADIO FLYER STYLE N' RIDE SCOOTER is strong and durable (as are most Radio Flyer products), and she loves being able to whizz around the neighborhood, chasing after her older brother. I anticipate hours of flying fun as the weather warms up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fun for girls!, May 21, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This scooter is a wonderful toy in so many ways. First, the foot plate where the child stands flares out in the center, which creates a wider standing area for kids, helping to stabilize their feet as they use the scooter.

The handlebars of this scooter are adjustable, so I was able to set it at a shorter height for my very short kid. This way, she doesn't have to reach up, which I feel isn't safe when trying to steer as well.

The scooter is stylish and adorable. It can be customized by adding stickers to the clips that attach to the front pole. In our case, we spelled out my daughter's name and still had several others left over for some of the cute design stickers.

It does move quickly. My daughter is able to go as fast as my son does on his Razor. For this reason, you definitely want to pick up a helmet for your child to wear while using it. It does not fold down like his does, which makes it a bit cumbersome for travel. However, with the handle down as low as it is, it doesn't take up as much room.

All in all, this is a nice well-made toy that is lightweight and adjustable for growing kids. It seems very sturdy and, in the eight months that we've owned it, is holding up very well with no rust (even after being left in the rain a few times.)

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughters first two wheeled scooter, January 18, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My 5 year old has had her three wheeled scooter for the last year and has been begging for a two wheeled scooter for Christmas. I love the design and how well built this Radio Flyer scooter is. It took my husband about 10 minutes to open the box and assemble the scooter and just several minutes for my daughter to decorate it herself. She was scooting around in no time. My 4 year old likes to try it occasionally but doesn't have the balance for it yet. If you have a younger daughter and hasn't had a three wheeled scooter I would recommend that first. But if you are in the market for a two wheeled scooter, this will be a hit with your daughter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking but....., September 11, 2012
This review is from: Radio Flyer Style N' Ride Scooter Pink (Toy)
This was my first purchase at Amazon. I was looking for a scooty for my 4yr old daughter in singapore and that's how I chanced upon it here! I loved the looks with the personalization feature (click its and stickers). I must say that Amazon did a good job of delivery and I received my scooty 10days before the estimated arrival time! As mentioned by one of the reviewer, the foam handles of the scooty does look faded and slightly dirty. However, overall it's really cute and girly. I didn't realize that it is a non foldable scooty and that makes it slightly difficult to store and carry around! Very easy to assemble but the base is slightly more narrower and shorter and overall heavier than the usual Scooties seen in Singapore. My 8 yr old son rode it and said that it's smooth but he found the brakes to have a slightly delayed response and said it's not as easy to make sharp turns with it! However, my daughter is happy with it so...... :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Your Little Girl, November 30, 2011
David Girod (Westminster, Maryland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My daughter loves to ride her scooter around the neighborhood from about March through November. She's worn out two Razor scooters over the past few years and I was looking to replace the last one when I saw this Radio Flyer pink scooter.
I knew she would love it, and since it's made by Radio Flyer, I figured she was going to be getting a pretty high quality item, one that will probably last a bit longer than the Razors' she's used to. Plus this one allows her to "customize" her ride. By snapping on little decorative bands, she can update the look of her scooter however she chooses. I like this little touch, and so does she. Instead of the standard silver and black scooter she's used to, she can make this one her own.
Highly recommended, great product with a fun twist, and something designed specifically with little girls in mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Assembly, January 23, 2013
This review is from: Radio Flyer Style N' Ride Scooter Pink (Toy)
Pieces are pretty consistently solid which is a fair exchange for the price; the bands are fun, my daughter was able to get her first and middle name on there, lots of stickers left over to replace as time wears the old ones off. Assembly takes about 15 minutes if you are a person who reads instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 4-year-old!, January 16, 2013
This review is from: Radio Flyer Style N' Ride Scooter Pink (Toy)
We ordered this scooter for my 4-year-old (instead of one of the junior style 3-wheel ones) so she could grow into it. She's on the shorter side (38" tall) and it fits her perfectly at the lowest setting. She loved decorating it (although one review said the stickers were removable and they aren't), and plays with it as often as she can! The wider footboard helps her balance, and the only downfall is that it doesn't fold like some of the other scooters do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scooter, June 5, 2012
This review is from: Radio Flyer Style N' Ride Scooter Pink (Toy)
Bought this for my 6 year old to ride to school since she was having such a hard time learning to ride her bike without training wheels. She has had the scooter for 3 months and rides it everyday! With the confidence she gained riding the scooter she has also learned to ride her bike!
My daughter loves everything about the scooter, especially that she can customize it with the bands...which she shared with a friend to put on her Razor scooter :-) I was surprised by the durability, with the base being part plastic.

Radio Flyer Style N' Ride Scooter Pink
$60.25
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies