5.0 out of 5 stars The wagon I had as a kid has only gotten better!
Published on September 4, 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on August 30, 2009 by Christopher T. Boyer

5.0 out of 5 stars The wagon I had as a kid has only gotten better!, September 4, 1999
This review is from: Radio Flyer Town and Country Wagon (Toy)
I had a wooden Radio Flyer Town & Country when I was a kid and I was so excited to be able to give my daughter the same model on her first birthday. Our new Town & Country has the same sturdy wooden body and red wooden sides that remove and install with ease that my 30 - year old wagon had. Additionally, our new wagon has great safety features like a no-pinch ball joint and controlled turning radius to prevent tipping. I also love the new longer handle that makes it much easier for me and even my 6' 5" husband to pull this wagon. The handle folds under which makes it really easy to put in the car when we take our Radio Flyer to the zoo or beach. Best of all it's an American classic that isn't just being made like they used to, but actually is being made even better!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a find!, December 30, 1999
This review is from: Radio Flyer Town and Country Wagon (Toy)
I had this wagon for my children when they were little and now I wanted it for my grandchildren. I saw it advertised many times but didn't buy it. Then when I decided to buy it, I couldn't find it anywhere even on the net until I went into Amazon. It is not only good for children but for adults as well. When I want to pull something heavy it comes in handy. The one I had for my children got broken over the years and was thrown out. I am so happy to have it again! Thank you Amazon!

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed very much, but could be improved, December 29, 2001
This review is from: Radio Flyer Town and Country Wagon (Toy)
I actually had this wagon for about 3 years before my son was born.I used it in my classroom for a book center and to move large objects or large quantities of objects from my car to my classroom. I found it to be very useful. My son never really played with it until he was about 2 1/2 . I wish it had a better finish, because since it has been used outside, it has began to warp and the paint peels and it has rust spots on the tires. Considering how much I paid for it, I expected it to be more weather proof. I think it DOES tip easily. It DOES NOT fit into my trunk at all- I have to put it in the backseat and then nothing else can go there including my son! So, we can't use it anywhere but home.It gives a rough ride on plastic wheels and can be hard to get going in grass or gravel.It requires a large area to turn around in.
If I was to buy another one, I would prefer one with rubber tires filled with air and an easy to remove handle so I could fit it in the trunk-but of course, they charge more for those conveniences.I consider it to be a good wagon but not neccessarily a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is the same as a generation ago, January 21, 2007
Donna Shields "roncinante" (Lincoln, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Radio Flyer Town and Country Wagon (Toy)
I shopped extensively and Amazon had the best price. The wagon had to be assembled which was easy to do. The husband didn't swear and actually commented on the quality of the hardwoods and flush mounted screws. I thought I would use additional water sealant but the wagon is nicely finished. Oh, one other thing a standard baby bassinet mattress fits beautifully for some padding. The handle is longer than a generation ago, my 6'1" husband is comfortable pulling the wagon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Radio Flyer is the Best!, January 21, 2003
This review is from: Radio Flyer Town and Country Wagon (Toy)
I had one of these as a kid let me tell you it took alot of ruffness and it was the strongest wagon I have ever had. Now that I have kids they have one and its so cool how the sides come off so when even the kids get bigger you can have just the three sides on and have a bench. AS far as the paint coming off sure with wear but it is non-toxic. Plus any item paint wears off but you are not going to find a more durable sturdy wagon anywhere but Radio Flyer I am a loyal customer and will always be. We love this wagon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Continuing a Great Tradition, May 1, 2009
This review is from: Radio Flyer Town and Country Wagon (Toy)
I am extremely happy with the Radio Flyer Town and Country wagon which I purchased for my newest grandaughter. It represents a tradition of Radio Flyer wagons in our family for over 60 years. I find that the current product appears at least as durable as the one in my childhood, which withstood much abuse, overloading and many high and low speed crashes. This new model has many improvements, the most important of which is the limit on the amount the handle can turn, thus preventing the wagon from turning over.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Coolest Wagon, December 31, 2003
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Radio Flyer Town and Country Wagon (Toy)
My 2-year-old cousin got this wagon for Christmas and I was amazed at how fun it was. It is great for outdoors, and can easily go over all different types of terrain. It is safe because it is hard to tip over, even when you go over bumps. The high walls make it hard for children to fall out. It can teach your child to share because everyone will want a turn in the wagon and your child will have to learn to give other kids a chance. Also, like most other Radio Flyer wagons, it seems very durable if you take care of it properly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, August 30, 2009
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Radio Flyer Town and Country Wagon (Toy)
We bought this product without ever seeing it first, what a mistake! Very disappointed at the quality and craftsmanship of this product. This wagon shakes and rattles when you pull it down the sidewalk, it is embarrasing. I really wish we would have splurged and gotten the higher priced one with the off-road wheels. Will likely dump this one on Craig's List next year and get a better product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice, January 10, 2001
This review is from: Radio Flyer Town and Country Wagon (Toy)
We have had this wagon for almost four years now. After heavy use, some abuse, and getting it in and out of the trunk it is still in excellent condition.
If you have small children at home or just visiting this is a great item to have. We have taken countless walks with our wagon. It is especially helpful when we go to the zoo or to a festival where the little ones will get tired from all the walking. It will easily seat three toddler to preschool size children. A sleeping baby can happily snooze in comfort.
There are several accessories you can purchase (umbrella, pads, etc) that can help make it even more useful.
My children like to pull it around the driveway. When it is empty it is light enough to do this. Dolls and bears enjoy riding in it too!
The wagon is difficult turn over if you make a sharp turn because of a wide turning radius. The quality is outstanding. We keep it in the garage when it is not in play. As with any wood item it will not handle being left outside too much which is to be expected.
To fit it into our car trunk (Dodge Stratus) we have to take off the sides and fold the handle under the wagon bed. It fits in our van behind the rear seat in the same manner.
You can't go wrong when buying this wagon.
ETA: Our wagon is now about 14 years old. It's still going strong. Since my children are now teenages, we don't use it as a kid-item. We do use it for carting things periodically. I look forward to using it with grandchildren 15 or so years in the future.

Hints: Keep it indoors when not in use. It is wood and metal. After 14 years, ours has a bit of rust on one wheel. The wood is fine with a paint chip or two.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality not up to Radio Flyer image, August 19, 2009
PT (Sunny Northern CA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Radio Flyer Town and Country Wagon (Toy)
I bought this wagon a year ago for my husband's birthday. To be used for hauling our grandson around the neighborhood and an occasional bag of garden soil. While the structure has held up, the finish on the wood slats has not. Within a month, and this was in July, the paint had started peeling. I have now sanded the sides down as I did not want to have my grandson sitting among paint chips.

Radio Flyer Town and Country Wagon