4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves this

Published on August 31, 2008 by M. Chapman

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves this, May 25, 2007
LVChick (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Radio Flyer Ultimate Family WagonTM (Toy)
We got this for her 1st birthday and she absolutely loves riding around in it. The 5-way flip seat is a great idea, and useful for organizing/toting things around. The seatbelts are easy to adjust. The canopy is really useful for the bright/hot days here in LV (of course it doesn't shade at an angle so you have to be conscientious of that) It was VERY easy to assemble - it's usually my husband's job to put stuff together but it was so simple and fast that I just did it myself. The turning is REALLY great, no tipping, easy steering, don't have to keep backing up/adjusting for narrow turns. The only reason I gave it 4 vs 5 stars are the wheels - they're cheap plastic. For the price they could've made the wheels out of rubber. We also have Radio Flyer's Discovery Wagon - the wheels on that are rubber, and really make for a more comfortable ride and better traction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oversized. Huge. Wish I'd gotten something smaller but top notch quality and fun!, June 9, 2007
This review is from: Radio Flyer Ultimate Family WagonTM (Toy)
I probably, okay i DID, go overboard on buying such a monster huge wagon. On second thought I'd have bought a Radio Flyer Pathfinder with the cute door that opens and closes. I chose this because well you can never have too much space and because the pathfinder DIDN'T have safety belts. Stupid, idealistic me ignored the fact that my son can escape from ANY belt or strap made by humans. I can't fit in my empty Honda Accord trunk. We only take it when we take my husband's Nissan Pathfinder. It's huge but like a HUMVEE Limo for my son. Radio Flyer puts "drain" holes in the bottom so you can leave it out. I joke that if I could plug up the holes, I'd fill the main area up with water and let my son splash in his limo jacuzzi when we take walks around the neighborhood and my 9 year old nephew loves to come over and use it as a "bobsled" down the hill in my big backyard (big as a football field). It can easily be pulled by my 20 month old son (engineering and parts are fantastic) and when we go to the theme park (weekly basis since we have season passes), my son and his 9 year old cousin love to sit in there and be pulled. The canopy is a godsend for sunny sunny SUNNY florida. It can haul anything. We fold the seats down and sneak in bottles of water since it's [..] at the theme park and carry all of my son's diapers, towels, and clothing changes for the water park. Other than that, it mostly stays at home for walks. Make sure to have a good place to store this. No space in our garage and since I like to keep it bug free and clean, it stays hidden under our dining table.

3.0 out of 5 stars Radio Flyer Family Wagon, August 31, 2008
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Radio Flyer Ultimate Family WagonTM (Toy)
This wagon is built well and is spacious...actually too large to maneuver well in crowded areas. The canopy is a bit tricky to install. The wagon itself is easy to assemble, but the fact that it cannot be dismantled (other than removing the canopy) presents a problem in trying to take it anywhere in a mid-sized vehicle. It would not fit in a trunk. One needs either an SUV or a vehicle wherein the back seats fold down...then you lose passenger seating. I wish we had downsized. Again, there is nothing wrong with the quality. I should have paid more attention to the overall measurements.

4.0 out of 5 stars If there was just one thing I'd like to see different, July 14, 2007
Shree "Sangeet4Ever" (Pacifica, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Radio Flyer Ultimate Family WagonTM (Toy)
Our two kids have the best time chatting and interacting with each other in this. They often fall off to sleep when we go on long walks. It folds easily and the canopy is the jewel in the crown. I wish I had bought it much earlier. Anyways , if you are still reading this and want to know what I would like different here.....its the wheels ! I wish they were the real tires which can be inflated with air. I think it would have made the ride even smooth on dirt roads. I mean if you are on paved surface, its no problem but I find us often taking the wagon to a semi dirt roads when outdoors. We've even taken this to camp on Angel Island. I considered going for the classic but the flat bed does not seem as fun as the folding seats on this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good toy, September 27, 2007
This review is from: Radio Flyer Ultimate Family WagonTM (Toy)
I really like this wagon and so does my son. Even our shih tzu takes a rest in it every now and then. However, like the other reviews have mentioned, it would be nice to have doors on it so the children can get in and out that way. Because there are no doors, it can be tricky getting them in. The canopy is there too so you have to bend in a way that may not be the best for your back. I am sure that the child feels the awkwardnes too with trying to get in and out. Nonetheless, he still likes it very much and is always agreeable when I mention that we are going for a walk with the new wagon. The wheels are not noisy at all. The steering is very good. With the set up, the instructions need to be followed closely when setting up the wheels. I am glad that an extra piece was provided as I did put the first wheel on backwards. This must happen a lot as seeing that the extra piece was included. The hard part was trying to get it off. It would not budge. I had to cut through the metal ring. That is why I say to read the instructions carefully so this could be prevented. I would highly recommend this wagon. I get complements all the time from people going by. It is roomy. My son can take on toys with him and play on the seat in front of him if I set it down. We haven't brought on drinks yet but it would have been nice if the cup inserts were a little higher. Other than the couple of not so perfect features, I like this wagon very much. For the most part, it really is user friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wagon!, January 12, 2007
L. S. Jaquess (Escondido, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Radio Flyer Ultimate Family WagonTM (Toy)
We wanted light weight, durable for camping or parades, big enough for a 3 and a 4 year old. This had it all! The canopy is adorable. The kids love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lose the double stroller!!, January 11, 2007
J. Fuhrman (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Radio Flyer Ultimate Family WagonTM (Toy)
I LOVE this wagon! My mom purchased it for my 2 sons because my 2 year old hates the double stroller. They love this wagon! My youngest just turned 1 and I don't even have a problem with him trying to climb out while we're moving. They love sitting like big boys and looking out while we walk. The lap belts are very helpful just in case. There is a little storage compartment behind the back seat which is great for my things. My only (very small) gripe is that the sippy cup holders for the kids are down inside the wagon at their feet. It's easy for them to reach, but they get knocked over and roll around the bottom. Some of the other models have the kids cup holder up on the side. I think I would like that better, but it may be in the way there also...I don't know. It's not that big of a deal. My favorite feature is the canopy. It installs very quickly and since we live in Texas, I use it constantly. The handle folds flat for easy storage. The wagon is a pretty good size, but it fits fine in the back of my Jeep Cherokee if we take it with us somewhere (which we do constantly). I don't know how well it would fit in the back of a car trunk. The wheels are real rubber too so it seems to have a smoother ride than the one with plastic wheels. I can't think of a better alternative for a double stroller. My boys just love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of Fun for the Children and Parents!, March 31, 2007
This review is from: Radio Flyer Ultimate Family WagonTM (Toy)
When I bought this product, I didn't know if we'd use it alot. Well, I was wrong. Forget the stroller on casual walks in the neighborhood or on the boardwalk! Kids love riding this wagon and the ease of use really helps! Its very easy to assemble, the item is lightweight, and the steering is easy. I love the safety belts to keep them safe. The wheels are easy to maneuver as well. There's even a spot for me to put my soda or coffee! How nice! A definite buy! I wish they'd make a bigger one to hold 3 childen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Wagon, wish I had one as a kid, March 24, 2008
This review is from: Radio Flyer Ultimate Family WagonTM (Toy)
This is great wagon! Lots of storage and sturdy. Does not do so well on sand with a full load at the beach, but it will haul your child(ren) and then some. The canopy is not well made though. The plastic ribs that add curvature to the fabric, break easily and the whole design seems to make it harder to get the kids out. Watch out for the handle, if the seat right behind it is folded down and you let that handle fall backwards, it will hit the little ones head. Radio Flyer should redesign that with a stop that halts the backwards motion. Other than that, it's a cool ride! You might want to purchase the mini trailer that hooks onto the back. You can haul more stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic addition...., December 9, 2006
This review is from: Radio Flyer Ultimate Family WagonTM (Toy)
Radio Flyer is a great tool, espeically for twins. Our twins enjoy it very much. Assembly is easy, but you need to be careful about the washer (which are two different sizes, an inch, and 1 1/2 inch. If you interchange, you need to struggle with wirecutter forever (of course, aftering getting the spares from customer service folks). Just take couple of minutes to review before you hammer it!

Radio Flyer Ultimate Family WagonTM