Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 19, 2010
We received the Radio Flyer "3-in-1" as a Christmas gift. My daughter is 15 months, and was an early walker, so the "learning" angle of this toy was limited for us. Like another reviewer, however, I would hesitate to use this toy for a child that hasn't really grasped walking yet, as the axles are very smooth and there is less friction than in other walker/ride-ons. This is a huge plus, however, for little ones that already know how to walk, as it is less frustrating to push around.

Although I am happy with "ride-on" mode of this toy (pictured), the "wagon" and "walker" modes are not very good. The darker-pink "shell" of the toy clips into the "ride" position, and can be unclipped for the "walker" and "wagon" configurations. However, for these modes, there is no way to secure the shell, it is very loose, and easily comes off. This essentially turns the toy into a scooter. There are ample warnings against letting your child use the toy in "scooter" mode, but all the child has to do is lift the shell off when using "wagon" mode, and voilà, instant scooter. (another caveat - the instructions warn against letting children ride inside the "wagon" or "stroller," but a child's bottom fits very comfortably within the shell, and the temptation to get in is really too strong for any child to resist).

I fixed this problem by drilling two holes through the shell and into the base and securing the shell in "wagon" mode with plastic bolts. This fixed the problem, but it is very frustrating that this step was necessary. I would have simply left the shell in "ride" mode except, at 15 months, my daughter's legs are not long enough yet.

Despite the obvious design flaw, the toy is very well-made, rides very easily compared to most walker/riders, and is pretty adorable. Those prepared to drill a couple holes, etc, will enjoy the versatility of the toy. Everyone else should just stick with "ride" mode and wait until the child is old enough to have their feet touch the ground while riding.
VINE VOICEon January 11, 2011
I bought two of these 3-in-1 walkers - the red one for my nephew and the pink one for my daughter who turned one within a few weeks of each other - because I love the idea of a toy having multiple functions. I am a little disappointed with this product though for several reasons.

Ride on mode: The seat is very slick and small - it is easy for a small child to slip forward or backward off of it. It is hard to push the child when they are riding on it. There is also no way for a child to steer the toy.

Push walker/stroller: The wheels on this are very slick which means it slides easily. And it is hard to steer.

Pull wagon: When you flip the bucket for wagon mode, there is no way to secure the bucket part so it is easily removable. Once removed, the toy looks like a scooter which is dangerous and not what it was designed for.

In conclusion, I would not pay full price for this toy (thankfully I got mine for 75% off). My daughter has enjoyed aspects of it but buyer please beware of the limitations of its functionality.
on June 16, 2012
Radio Flyer has always been a brand you can trust. So durable & now adorable as well! This toy is perfect for my 1 year old niece! She can ride it, push toys around in it, and even uses it as a 'stroller' for her big stuffed bear! This item is so cute, she loves it & calls it Buggy! (Sounds more like Blugy when she says it!) I love Radio Flyer products and am pleased to see them step out of their shell with this item.Very unique gift that will provide years of fun!
on September 29, 2009
We bought this for our daughter's first birthday. She is getting ready to walk and we thought a toy she could push around would help her learn to take those first steps. This toy is darling, and easy to assemble. It is made of very light-weight plastic, and the wheels are very slick plastic. We found our daughter can only walk this toy around is if she pushes it, on the carpet, from the side. If she gets behind it, or gets her hands up on the handles, it moves way too fast for her. When she is older and can ride on it, it will be great fun. Until then it has limited use. The seat can flip over to be filled up with toys, but it does not snap into place. It only sits on the base, so it too is very unsturdy. I bought it because Radio Flyer makes those wonderful wagons, but this toy has nothing to do with those wagons. It should be weightier and should have rubber wheels instead of light-weight plastic.
on July 6, 2013
This gift was a great hit. It can be used three ways which let our neighbor learn to walk by holding on and pushing. Then it converted to a buggy she can push toys in and finally she is tall enough to ride and push with her feet. She has a lot of fun with it and it has become one of her favorite toys. Made to be very steady. Easy to put together and change from one use to the others.
on May 1, 2014
I bought this for my daughter's first birthday. my two older preschoolers love it more than she does at this point, pushing their toys in it or riding it astride. The wheels do move very quickly on hard surfaces. My 12mo is able to walk behind it pushing it on the carpet, but it is too big for her to ride astride and push with her feet. I wish the handle would angle the other way when it's in push mode. I think this is a cute toy, good if you don't have something like it, but if you already have push type toys, I wouldn't get this one as another one. As it's our only current push/ride astride toy, I'm happy to have it.
on September 10, 2011
My one year old daughter loves this ride on. She likes to get on and ride it, her feet don't reach the floor on it yet but she enjoys being pushed on it. She also likes to put things in the shell when it's flipped over. The only real set-back it that the shell when flipped over doesn't fit her in it because she really wants to do that, with her dolls of course.
on December 12, 2013
Bought this little wagon for my nine-month-old granddaughter in November. Well it did not take long for her to giggle and laugh in joy as her dad pushed her around the room. She is just learning to pull up and walk so will see in time how she has fun using this toy.

Recommend highly!
on June 10, 2013
My 2 year old has trouble playing with this because it is too short for her to push easily. It's a nice concept but the handle needs to be taller, and the button to release the seat needs to be easier for kids to do on their own. Overall, my kids got bored with it pretty quickly
on March 29, 2013
Bought this as a Christmas present for a one-year old granddaughter. Delivered in a timely fashion. The price was good. And even better, the grandaughter who is just starting to walk, loves it. As does, by the way, her two-year old brother.