4.0 out of 5 stars I passed with a 90% with this book!
Published on November 19, 2011 by S. Summers

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so helpful
This book will give you a lot of questions if that is what you are looking for but if you want to review the material and questions turn to the Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Radiography.
Published 10 months ago by Mac

4.0 out of 5 stars I passed with a 90% with this book!, November 19, 2011
S. Summers (saint louis, missouri) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lange Q&A Radiography Examination, Eighth Edition (LANGE Q&A Allied Health) (Paperback)
I took my registry today and passed with a 90% using this book (8th edition plus cd), her online course, and her Prep book (6th edition), in an INTENSE 2 week study period before the test. I also had the Mosby book but I didn't use it (due to lack of time), though I heard it was good to use along with Saia's books. I told myself that if I passed the exam with her material, I would spread the word and write the review this book deserves.

I was a decent student while in radiography holding a 3.5 GPA however, I graduated a year and a half later than my classmates since I got into the program a year and half earlier than expected. I still had anatomy classes, math classes, and PE classes to take. So needless to say I forgot a lot of stuff not being in clinical or school and not even thinking about taking an x-ray for over a year and a half. This book was EXCELLENT to get me back up to speed as well as teach me things I did NOT learn in school or clinical, which was a lot more than I realized. I knew how to do the exams in clinical and I was good at physics, but this book helped me piece the puzzle pieces together. I mainly used the online portion and the Q and A book with the prep book supporting things I needed clarification on.

As much as I love her books, there is a very sloppy aspect to her online portion and her Q&A books. I didn't read enough of the prep book to have an opinion on it. There are between 10-30 questions that were either incorrectly labeled as wrong answers (as in the wrong letter was labeled as the correct answer), or the explanations to do answers were contradictory to another similar question, and even in a few cases explanations to completely different questions all together. These errors MUST BE CORRECTLY and I feel it is UNACCEPTABLE for this to happen in a professional book like this. If can get extremely confusing when you think you know the answer and then you read a contradictory explanation to it and throw a wretch in your understanding of it. This can cost you the exam if you can't straighten it out. But luckily there are a total of 1500 questions within the online course (500 unique to the book) and 1400 in the Q&A book, and a few that I did not recognize on the 2 practice exams included on the disc for a total of 1900 plus questions and explanations. So the 10-30 questions that are horribly wrong get overshadowed by the shear number of other questions available. Once you become more knowledgeable and compare your notes to her explanations, you start to be able to pick these questions out and write them off as non-sense. Either way she MUST fix these in the newer editions.

Make NO mistake, the registry was NOT easy. Even with my 90% and all of these questions. You need to study beyond these books to ace the exam. I knew her material like the back of my hand and there was material I had never seen before. True they could have been the pilot questions, but you never know.

Do not just memorize the answers to the questions. Make sure you know why the other answers are wrong, and why the answer you picked is right thoroughly. Your registry depends on it. I heard the test was easy, Mine was absolutely not and I knew the material.

This book gets 4 stars and not 5 due to her mistakes and that are so obvious once you know them. I have read this book had many errors but no one ever said what they were... Well there you go, I just did. But bottom of the line, you NEED this book! The registry is hard, but very doable if you "KNOW" this book. I HIGHLY recommend signing up for her website "[...]", the extra 500 questions are well worth the money. I really did not enjoy the payments plans the site offered. $40 for two months, with no option for one month seems silly.

This review was lengthy and I don't usually write them at all, but I just passed my exam with a 90% and I am showing my gratitude.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecxellent Study Tool for Radiography Program Graduates, October 25, 2011
L. Leu "Angelfavor" (Central Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
This Book and CD are excellent study guides for the Radiography Program Graduates who are preparing themselves for the registry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so helpful, February 19, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, January 1, 2014
This is a great book to get you ready for the board exam, it really prepares you with images and questions.

3.0 out of 5 stars not so helpful, May 26, 2013
Tons of questions and just questions kind of made you dout your self and what you thought you knew. I kind felt dum and unconfident ," the Radiography prep Book 7edition" was more help because of the explanations and few questions in back to help you understand whats really need to know. and Mosbys and corectecs. these 3books with online resources, CDs are the big three to have you scoring in the low 90s or high 80s way above the 75 needed to pass the broads

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing to help you pass the big exam!!, November 24, 2012
I used this book in conjuction with the Radiography PREP (Program Review and Examination Preparation), Sixth Edition. I got a 94!!! A MUST!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Item in excellent condition, May 11, 2012
The item I ordered was delivered before expected and in great condition. The perfect book to help me study. Easy to understand and helps you remember the things you may have forgotten.

2.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS VERSION, March 27, 2012
I recently purchased this book only to learn shortly thereafter that a newer version replaced it less than one year after it's release. As I have began using this book to prepare for my boards, I have found several mistakes. Some of the answers given do not even match up with the questions. I am highly disappointed as I am nearing my boards and do not have sufficient time to cross reference all of the facts given in this book. Wish I would have researched it more even though the book had decent reviews here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Expectations, February 6, 2012
This text and CD offer a great variety of test questions in review for the Registry. I feel that by the time anyone has covered all the questions they should be ready to pass the Registry!

4.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding review, but cracked CD :/, June 16, 2011
This is a great review book, i finished my 2 years as an RT student and am now preparing for the registry which is about 2 weeks away. I can't give complete details surrounding the context of this text because i'm currently in the middle of studying it - however the questions are challenging, and while you can review your answers that you may have gotten right or wrong, it also explains each of the wrong answers in full detail. Illustrations are included as well as actual x-ray images to coincide with the questions being asked.

The bad part about this purchase, similar to what other reviewers are saying is that, i was unable to experience the CD-ROM. After opening the pouch that it was in near the back of the book, there was huge crack running down the one side of it! I'm going to attempt to receive a new free copy or contact the author/distributor myself. Using a CD-ROM for mock registry tests is ideal because, well, we'll be taking the registry test on a computer!

Aside from the CD, this is an outstanding source to study from for the registry. it has very challenging questions, with thorough answers for every possible choice in a question, and provides more or less questions in each chapter, depending on the percent of registry questions in each of the 5 registry category's. (so basically you won't be over-studying information that is not likely to show up on the registry exam.) Also, the author constructs the questions based on all of the educational books/material that professors, instructors and students use provided by their educational department while undergoing the RT course. So for example one question could be taken from the bontrager text, another question from callaway text, another question from bushong, addler and carlton or merrils etc.. you get the picture.

Highly Recommended!

Lange Q&A Radiography Examination, Eighth Edition (LANGE Q&A Allied Health)
Used & New from: $2.49