5.0 out of 5 stars Great floss
Published 14 months ago by Chuck

3.0 out of 5 stars Easily breaks
The texture of this floss just wasn't my favorite. It kept breaking or getting stuck in tight spots. I like the concept of Xylitol floss but this type just wasn't effective.
Published 15 days ago by LimeyLe

5.0 out of 5 stars Great floss, May 13, 2013
Chuck (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Radius Vegan Xylitol Natural Mint, Sponge Floss, 55 Yard (Health and Beauty)
I used to not care about floss. It was all acceptable largely because it was all unremarkably reliable. But over the past few years, as nearly all consumer products have been cheapened to the point of uselessness, my floss has followed suit. It has become easy to break and shred, too thin, too slippery or even greasy, and at times has odd kerosene like odors. I thought perhaps I was getting old, going crazy, or both. Then one day I tried this floss. It does not shred in my mouth or get stuck between my teeth. It does not suddenly snap in two while flossing my molars. It doesn't smell like diesel. It isn't sticky or greasy. Your hands can even be a bit wet when using this product and it will still stay wrapped around your fingers.

The above are the reasons I like this product. Others may like it because it's vegan, mostly natural (the string is nylon but the rest of the ingredients are natural), or because it has Xylitol. Please shop around for reasonable prices. Some people are charging far more than others for the same product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great floss for healthy gums, healthy teeth, healthy body!, November 23, 2013
Works great - I have tightly-spaced teeth and used to hate flossing. I love it, now!

Choosing the right floss is a very "personal" choice, so YMMV from my experience. I can tell you that for me, this is an EXCELLENT floss! Here's why:

- the spongy string is both thin and wide and very malleable, depending on the surface you are against and how you pull it. This allows it to get in-between tight spaces, without "cutting" into the gum, while also being able to cover a larger surface with flossing action.
- the flavor is nice, but not overwhelming
- good fingertip grip, even when wet (I wash my hands bewteen sections)
- works as it should, never breaks shreds (I can't believe i even have to say that as an attribute)
- Radius is a brand I trust and support

Oddly enough, when I first started to use this floss, I found that more "gunk" came out when I used this, over other flosses (even right AFTER using them!). Nothing else had changed. Now, after using it consistently, the gunk is reduced, so it's my educated assumption that this is a more effective floss for me, than other flosses. I hope it is, anyway...

Note: I go through floss quickly. I don't like to reuse the same section (or touch a dirty section), so I floss and then move on to another section for another tooth. I never liked the idea of wrapping it around either finger and thought it was gross to reuse a section, even if it seemed clean. I hated flossing until I tried it "my" way - previously, I thought that you "had" to do it the other way. Also, I floss side to side, pulling the "debris" away from the gum, and not moving up and down (like they do at my old dentist's office. Ew.)

Floss is one of those things that's so personal and so inexpensive (and varies so much), that it's reasonable to just buy one of every kind from companies you wish to support, until you find the one that works best for you. I've tried several, gave a few half-containers away to others to try, and have settled on this one. Amazon, thanks for the S&S! Saves money and time (and motivates me to floss more, knowing that another one is on its way!!)

PS - flossing is really important. In addition to helping to keep your breath fresh, it keeps your gums healthy and helps prevent tooth decay. From what I understand, bacteria in the mouth can get into your bloodstream and cause systemic inflammation and other problems. Plus, flossing helps your teeth look whiter, as the in-between spaces won't be yellow and icky. Get a good mirror, find your favorite floss, and enjoy!

I rely on reviews to help me make informed buying decisions. I hope this review helped you! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective and Tasty, January 15, 2014
This was a good choice.

The minty flavor of this is subtle enough that I don't feel like I'm threading candy between my teeth, and there is no sour aftertaste. There is a light powder coating from inside the cover of the floss, scrapings from the floss itself, but this is not especially bothersome. The natural fibers of this floss were strange to me at first, as the floss was spongy looking until pulled taut. It is effective nonetheless.

I appreciate the vegan certification on this, leaving me sure that I am not getting mystery flavors and waxes.

For the price, I will not hesitate to purchase this again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Floss, January 17, 2014
This is a great floss with no added chemicals and perhaps the only one on Amazon for those who are vegan (which I am not). The floss has a slight mint taste to it and easily slides between teeth, unless the same portion is used for multiple teeth in a row. Four stars for the premium $4 price for a pack of floss, but I guess that is to be expected if you want something that won't harm you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, December 13, 2013
I bought this because it has a simple set of ingredients, which you'd expect to be easier with floss. Some allergens are hidden in the "natural flavors" found in other floss so it's nice knowing what's really in this one.

The floss itself has only a hint of mint, which is fine by me. It frays quickly but is very strong still, maybe it would be more accurate to say it comes unwoven but the strands still hold strong. It's very light so it gets sharply into the gums to remove debris.

I'm happy with this product and highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Floss thus far I have purchased, December 9, 2013
I appreciate this dental floss. It leaves you mouth with a clean feeling and is gentle enough to strengthen your gums.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, November 27, 2013
I luv the hint of tea trea oil and the floss is able to slide but still do a great cleaning. Yes the floss will kind of expand or come loose after u pull it through... But who cares...it has already done the job. I usually use Glide and I find that cuts my gums a bit. If u have TMJ, u will have to put a little more pressure cuz u r no longer using teflon... Lol. Just a tip cuz it might make your jaw sore. I use it as a supplement to my toxic stuff cuz of my TMJ and hubby uses it daily. Will buy again. Luv it

4.0 out of 5 stars But if you're looking for the best natural floss, July 11, 2014
Price is obviously too high. But if you're looking for the best natural floss, this is it.

The thread is gentle and narrow enough to use between tightly-spaced teeth.

I ordered Tom's to compare. Tom's was wide and painful to use. Nearly ripped out a filing.

Not sure if this natural floss is as good at removing plaque. Waiting to see.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easily breaks, July 10, 2014
LimeyLe (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 2, 2014
Such a simple step to happier teeth & gums- easily slides between tight teeth .

Rate and Discover Movies