Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ragalta RPF3000 Shaver, Rechargable 5 Head Penta Flex
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 1, 2012
Okay, how many times have I told myself not to buy another thing made in China? But I did, and I purchased the RPF5000 because I needed a shaver and it looked interesting with 5 pivoting heads. Well the 5000 came quickly, but was DOA and Amazon was out of stock. I called the Distributor in Florida and they sent me a replacement but it was this one, the RPF3000. I give up....but really, all I wanted was an inexpensive shaver that does a decent job so I resigned myself to giving it a try.

I have to say, this is the best shaver I have ever owned so far, the shave is good and easy on the face. I am 64, retired, and try and only razor shave once a week so this is great for daily shaves. The circular heads pop out and back like opening an Artichoke, making it easy to run under hot water to clean and sits in the holder to air dry.

You can order the whole replacement head for only $12. Priced razor blades lately?
on March 24, 2013
Let me be up front. I'm a blade man. There is NO electric razor made that gives as close a shave as a blade. But . . .
I'll say I am impressed with this razor. It does give a very good shave. I've always kept an electric around for times when I didn't have the time for a blade shave. Most have been cheap throw-aways. A few I kept for a year or 2. One I kept quite a while (my trusty old Norelco). But there was always the 5 o'clock shadow. This razor requires a change in technique. I prefer the head to be more angled, holding the body more vertical. This one requires a more horizontal grip. And it's best to hold in your fingers rather than in the palm of the hand, moving the razor in a circular manner, rather than a straight line. A wet, almost dripping, face is a must. Preferably before showering so the hair is still stiff. The water provides the skin lubrication. Clean up is nice until you have to remove the center rotor. That's something easily lost. So be careful and twist only a few degrees of rotation.
Also I don't intend to ever use the trimmers. I have other, better tools for that.
But for an electric, it does give a very nice shave.
I will update with much more use.
on April 26, 2012
Good points:
Easy to use and understand.
Doesn't have to be wet.
Comfortable feel in hands.
Feels like it's been molded to cut mustache and under the lip hairs with ease.
Doesn't irritate my skin.
Neat carrying case.
Came with oil to lubricate it (which means this product was also intended to last quite a while).

Bad points:
The "trimmer" is nearly useless/clunky to use when the shaver head is on.
16 hours initial charge time.
Some hairs required a 2nd pass.
Works well for stubble, but the hairs have to be short already.

At first when I saw it, I was all "that's one BIG face %^$%er-upper". Then I decided to buy and try it and I will say that I am impressed. It works well for what it's supposed to do, which is mostly stubble. It's a good daily shaver that takes less time to use than most. It will be replacing my old one and I don't think I will be looking back.
on October 24, 2012
I wasn't sure what to expect for $25, but whatever I was expecting, it wasn't a full-featured shaver and trim kit with solid build quality. The head on this thing flexes and conforms to the face well, and each razor compartment can be opened for easy cleaning. The head comes off easily to be replaced by the nosehair trimmer and shaver head (with a removable length adjuster), and for when you want to use the built-in sideburn/beard trimmer. It came with a charger and a stand, which the charger plugs into, so it can charge in the stand. The stand, like the shaver, is of surprisingly solid build quality. It also came with a comb and a faux-velvet bag to keep it all in. Also, the thing even comes with a bottle of machine oil, so clearly it's meant to last.

The only downside is that it takes a bit longer to get a close shave than the Braun I lost and replaced with the Ragalta; however, the way the head flexes to fit my face, it doesn't bother me to take the couple minutes it takes to get a close shave. Note: You definitely get a smoother shave experience with a wet face than dry. It holds a charge quite well; I've used it six or seven times and haven't needed to charge it.

Overall, I am VERY pleased with this shaver's look, feel, and performance. For $25, this can't be beat.
on September 12, 2012
I bought this product at the end of March and have used it for about 6 months now. I got to say this is probably one of my best buy at Amazon. It works perfectly for every morning use. I left it uncharged (after charged full) and used for unbelievable number of times. When battery got low, I expect it might clip my skin. It didn't. It just stopped when it detects low. The cuts are so smooth and soft. Love it! Never understan why are those high-priced shaver for? Highly recommend the purchase.
on February 11, 2011
Great Shaver! The 5 blades provide a really close shave and keep the 5 o'clock shadow a few hours away. It holds a charge for 40 minutes and recharges fully in 4 hours. Great attachments.
on December 29, 2012
I had good hopes for this shaver. After receiving the item and unpacking it, I was impressed with the seeming quality and visual appeal. I set up the charge stand and connected the shaver for a full charge. The next morning I decided to try a quick shave on my neck stubble and immediately wanted to pull back out my seven year old Norelco. It barely cut any hair on my neck after five minutes of "shaving" and also snagged me a couple times - 20 mins later my neck now feels slight discomfort from snagged hair - it was a bad shave. Maybe my hair is just different than others, but I would not recommend this item. I would have given this item 0 stars because it doesn't do what its made to do, for me, but I gave it two stars instead because of its accessories and manufacturing effort. Just be aware it may not work for you. The reason I purchased this was to try a new brand since I had used the old Norelco for so long but I am returning the Regalta.
on October 16, 2012
When I first used the shaver it was mediocre, but then I tried washing my face and used it while It was still a little wet. Now my shaves rival that of a razor. Closest shave ever with an electric.
on September 16, 2015
I have had this for about a year now, thus has lasted me a long time. The battery lasts 3-4 shaves now, and every now and then my hair snags in one of the grooves, but for the $15 I bought this for it was a steal.

Pros:
-good shave
Can use for a wet shave
-comes with nose hair and sideburns trimmer, with a guard for the right length beard on the also included beard trimmer

Cons
-a little loud
Battery does take a long time to charge, but leave it overnight plugged in and you are good to go
on May 28, 2012
A nightmarish compilation of everything you could ever fear a shaver to be. Not five minutes after shaving, I am bleeding, razor bumps and burn are forming, and stubble is visible. So glad I tested this on a weekend, there is no way in hell this shave would pass inspection. That little clipper on the side did nothing, literally nothing, to my sideburns. Same goes for the vibrissa trimmer.

It did perform fairly well for giving myself a buzz cut.