Customer Discussions > Rage - Xbox 360 forum

Rage has a Fallout 3 feel to it

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 30, 2011 9:14:18 AM PDT
J. S Thomas says:
im still on the fence on Rage, it looks really sweet. It has a feeling of the Fallout series. I was blown away with Fallout 3 GOY edition...not so much with Fallout New Vegas..anyone got a chance to play it...after buying GOW3 Epic Edition dont know if im up to spending another $60 just yet but it sure looks like a great game..no real reviews thus far.....

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 7:05:18 AM PDT
GET IT its made by id cmon

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 9:06:53 AM PDT
A. Iverson says:
RAGE has a similar setting to Fallout. That's where the similarities end. It's a first-person shooter with light RPG elements and racing. It's not an RPG. But it's going to be amazing. If you've got any interest and it won't break your bank, get it. You won't regret it.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 9:14:17 AM PDT
K says:
Can you level up? If yes, is the leveling similar to Borderlands or Fallout?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 11:37:12 AM PDT
M. Hayes says:
Having played it for several hours I can honestly say that it does not in fact have any kind of Fallout feeling whatsoever (and I put some 150+ hours into that game). The backstory is somewhat fallout-esque (I suppose), the environments are Borderlands *like* (though beautifully hyper-reallistic) and the similarities all end there. It's an FPS, period. It has much less RPG elements than Bioshock had if that's any sort of indicator for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2011 7:19:11 PM PDT
M. DiSpirito says:
There's no levelling, K. Rage blends some RPG elements into the game via quests and crafting. You can take on jobs and choose which one to pursue at any given time and you can collect components and blueprints to build a whole bunch of different things. There are upgrades for your weapons, armor, and even some upgrades for your character but these are not based on experience or stat progressions; they are tied to things you acquire in the game.

Posted on Oct 5, 2011 9:50:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2011 9:52:54 PM PDT
Animal says:
I would not use "RPG" anywhere in the description of Rage mostly because there isn't any mechanics toward character development. It's also more of a run & gun shooter since things like hip fire is as accurate as aimed fire. It takes a lot of rounds to kill targets that like to use cover so a charge tactic is more useful than ranged combat.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2011 12:41:43 PM PDT
M. DiSpirito says:
Fair enough, Animal. I guess it depends on how any one person defines RPG. The elements of crafting, finding components, and using these different things tactically does elevate Rage above a run & gun game, though. Enemies in cover are easier to flush out with a sentry bot or grenade; run up to them and you're begging to be killed (except on easy, maybe).

Oh and I have on word to describe the best kill method: wingstick.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Rage - Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Sep 30, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 6, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Rage - Xbox 360
Rage - Xbox 360 by Bethesda (Xbox 360)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (344)