Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rago Women's Waist Trainer
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on January 22, 2015
The pros - I will admit that at the time of writing this I have already purchased 3 of these and I personally like this item. This waist cincher does the job better than the others simply because of the ring bands around the waist area. This will indeed take about 1 inch off the sides and will give you back the curvature of your waist and so you will not be disappointed in that area. This will also smooth (but not hide) the stomach bumps as well.

The cons - This cincher is not for everybody - this item does indeed roll up at the bottom and the hook and eye enclosures will bunch up causing a "ribbing" effect. Therefore this is NOT for tight fitting clothes or very soft clothes that will make it to where you can easily see the imperfections caused by the cincher. If you are wearing something tight fitting, be sure that the front part of your blouse/dress has some type of design that will hide the "ribbing" effect. This is fine with pants since the bottom will roll up and will not be an issue with looks. Either way you will find yourself adjusting the cincher a lot and so be mindful about purchasing this.

As for the fit - Be sure to purchase this with respect to your waist size. Don't worry about the hip or the bust measurement because those essentially do not matter (unless you have a round shape in which this is probably not for you). However, if you want it to be tighter you can go down an 2 inches or 3. So if you have a 32" waist, you will be fine purchasing the one that has a 30" waist.
on April 2, 2014
THE PRODUCT WAS SHIPPED QUICKLY TO ME, I ORDERED A SIZE SMALL AND AS SOON AS I GOT TO THE THIRD CLIP DOWN I LITERALLY FELT MY ORGANS MOVE, IT WAS A WERID FEELING, THEN I FINISHED CLIPPING IT DOWN IT FELT SNUG AND SECURE I AM 5'1 AND WEIGH 119 IT CAME DOWN TO WHERE IT WOULD TUCK INTO MY PANTS, I SAT DOWN TO SEE IF ITS DO-ABLE, JUST TESTING IT OUT, NOW I SLOUCH WHEN I SIT I ALWAYS FEEL MY SHOULDERS DROP FORWARD, WITH THIS ON IT KEPT MY POSTURE PERFECT, I COULDNT CHANGE IT IF I TRIED, VERY GOOD PRODUCT IT DID NOT ROLL DOWN ON ME, I AM 27 SOON TO BE 28 WITH ONE CHILD, I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT.
on September 10, 2013
this is a really great waist cincher. I mean, I actually have a waist now! It isn't uncomfortable; the only downside is that it tends to curl up a little around the back at the bottom. This isn't a problem with the waist cincher that has garters, because the garters keep the bottom down and in place. Other than that, it definitely flattens your middle, defines your waist and makes you look better in your clothes. I'd recommend it.
on June 6, 2013
I ordered this in the Medium/28 but I could probably fit into the small. My measurements are: 32" [ribcage] 30" [waist] 38" [hips above butt]. I am pretty squishy, however. If you don't have excess fat in the middle, then these are probably very true to size. I wear a Medium Squeem for reference.

This guy is much comfier than the Squeem (since it isn't rubber!) and the boning on this is a lot more relaxed. It gave me a nice curve on my waist and back vs a hard angle that I find I get with the Squeem. It's a lot easier to wear long term and very flexible. It doesn't cause any muffin shape at my hips or my bra line.

I feel that the Small would probably give me a smoother silhouette and hold in my sides a bit better. I do wish this came with 2 or 3 hook settings vs. just one. If you grow out of it or get too small for it, the one hook setting renders it useless. I suppose you can tailor it yourself to add another strip of hooks since it is so inexpensive. I do plan on adding garter hooks to mine!

Over all, I do like it but my search for the perfect cincher continues on!
on November 30, 2015
I am 5'10" and was needing something to use under a dress for a wedding this summer. I figured this would be a good option. I was wrong, only because of my height. It sits too low on my ribs and too high on my hips to the point where I'm getting stabbed or it not covering my tummy well enough. I have tried using it as a waist trainer just to get my money's worth but it is just too uncomfortable for me. I think if I was shorter or if it came in a "tall" I would have been ecstatic about this! So taller girls beware, everyone else it is probably worth it!
on November 18, 2014
After reading a bunch of reviews here and looking at the size chart, I was still confused about what size to buy. I should have just ordered what the drop-down menu said, 32 waist = XL. I originally ordered the large size based on the reviews, and I could get it on with some effort, but it squeezed a lot at the top and I had side fat that made my boobs look very strange and wide! Not exactly the look I was going for.

I contemplated keeping it and trying to lose the weight, but who needs that added pressure when you are planning a wedding? I wouldn't be buying one this early but I need it to wear while they do my alterations. The price is good enough that if I lose the weight I'll just order another one in the size Large. The XL fits me perfectly, no weird sideboob action goin' on, pulls in at the waist and pushes up the chest area, basically giving me curves in all the right places. I can't wait to see it with my wedding dress! My dress is very form-fitting and accentuates the curves so I think this combination will look fabulous!
on September 17, 2014
I bought this waist cincher based on the good reviews and I'm glad I did. I've gone through several other brands trying to find the right one. In desperation I was even wearing my old waist cincher from twenty years ago that I just loved and has quite a few hooks loose and eyes missing. I don't even know what brand it is because the tag is so faded. On special occasions I would force myself to wear my Squeem, but tended to avoid it because it's so uncomfortable. My two Maidenform Flexees are completely useless, and I've also tried the Curvi brand which was too big, and I didn't want to order a smaller size because I felt too unsure about it working out. The Rago does a really good job of cinching in the waist, and is very comfortable. I followed someone's advice to order by hip size and it fits perfectly. I was a little unsure about the length because I am short waisted but a few other reviewers had mentioned this too and it turned out to be fine (under bust to hips I measure 10 inches). Also, just so you know, I had to pass through the scanners at the courthouse the other day while I was wearing it, and it set off the alarm. The officer said it was something around my waist and I wasn't wearing a belt, so I had to tell him I was wearing a girdle and I asked if I should take it off:P Well, they had to call a female officer to pat me down and it delayed my entry about ten minutes. So I probably won't be wearing it to the courthouse or airport anytime soon.

Update: I spoke too soon. I only wore the cincher a couple of months, maybe 2 or 3 times per week, and the boning started popping through the fabric in several places! So it turned out to be not so good after all.
on January 29, 2014
I am very happy with the Rago. I found it to be fitting as expected. I did take the advice of other reviews and bought a size down as it was stated the sizes run big. I did find that it tends to roll up at the bottom where the boning pieces stop being I bought it to wear under my uniform at work it isnt noticable. I only wore the cincher for four days and noticed a huge diffence already. What I found I liked best was the back support I recieved. I sit for 12 hours a day at a desk and on the fifth day I did not wear it and my back was killing me within the first hour. I noticed a difference in my waist also and was impressed in the change in my shape. The major point I noticed that bothered me was the slight dryness to my skin on my sides, almost like a chafing maybe. I applied lotion to see if that helped but feel it would be best to wear a thin shirt underneath it. I will be wearing it everyday now for work. I am 44 yrs of age with a slighy mommy tummy and of slighty above average weight. I ordered a small instead of a meduim. I would reccommend this to anyone wanting to get that tummy back into place along with diet and exercise.
on September 5, 2015
This did exactly what it was supposed to!

I wore the Rago Women's Waist Trainer under my prom dress and it did wonders. I thought it did a great job holding in my stomach and making it appear flatter. It was a bit tight but that seemed to help. I got a black one and under my dress it wasn't visible. I would recommend a lighter color if you have a lighter colored dress.

I would highly recommend this product to any women who want to look thinner.
on June 11, 2014
It came as expected and I do like the fit, my only concern is i'm a very short woman which makes this cincher dig into my breast. I really wish you told me it was this tall. I'm managing to make it work by putting a pad between my skin & the cincher which overlaps the top of the cincher there fore no digging.
Besides that it is fine . It does make the waist smaller which looks wonderful in my mirror, lol
I would recommend this to others . Do you have or know a company that caters to short woman? Would be very much appreciated,

Thanks Corrine