5.0 out of 5 stars They're...gone? THEY'RE GONE!
Published 20 months ago by Shinrasboy

3.0 out of 5 stars Works on fleas, not so much for bedbugs
I somehow ended up with Bedbugs and this spray unfortunately did not really help much with those. The Bedlam Plus and D/Earth Powered did a much better job. The reason I gave the product 3 starts is it does work on fleas rather well and with having dogs around you sometimes need to get rid of them.
Published 10 months ago by Bluepaw

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars They're...gone? THEY'RE GONE!, March 3, 2013
This review is from: Raid Bed Bug and Flea Killer, 17.5 Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I won't say I'm a bed bug expert. I'll just say "name a product" and I've probably tried it. As an Orkin man once told me "Bed Bugs are roaches with the human desire to live". And he was right. Those things can live over a year without feeding. But you probably know that. You probably know all about these things by now. The odd thing about bed bugs is the sheer number of products out there that just don't work. Enter Raid Bed Bug and Flea killer. I applied it yesterday and I woke up this morning without a single bite. I usually have bites right on my fingers but nothing. I still really can't believe it. But it's awesome. BUT. Here's the thing about bed bugs. It's really a case to case thing. I'll present mine so you can get an idea of what I did.
I have an IKEA bed with those wood slats. My mattress is covered in a bed bug safe protector. When I lifted the mattress to inspect, I found a few scattering in the open ranging from adult to larva sizes. I would kill them all with a paper towel damp with rubbing alcohol (popping them essentially) yet every night I still got bitten. So I inspected the bed frame etc and I found them. A huge, gross cluster of them just congregated at under one of the woods slats. I tossed the slats and bought new ones. Here's the thing about bed bugs. It's usually better to throw some things away. So, as a precaution I tossed the pillows, put the sheets to wash in the hottest water and dried at high heat as well. I also steamed the mattress cover. After that I swept, vacuumed and mopped the floor (if you have carpet, God help you.) Then I got the raid and used the narrow straw to get the cracks and nooks. That's the most important. Book shelves, door frames, molding, window corners, window sill, bed frames, BEHIND THE HEADBOARD, and finally, under the legs of the bed and other furniture. I left it all to dry with a window open and fan on high. The room was dry and virtually odor free when I returned 5 hours later. Hence, no bed bugs. Now of course this probably sounds like a ton of work. Well you know what? It...is. Bed Bugs are work. You can't just spray and leave, sadly. But I can honestly say it worked. Does that mean the bed bugs are gone for good? Very unlikely. I had an exterminator come round. Their method works for an extended period of time. But they never really go away. Still, it's good to find a product that can keep them at bay.
Back to the spray. The smell isn't to harsh. It's like your typical raid ant/roach spray but much much milder. It also dries pretty quickly. I strongly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, February 22, 2013
works better than any other bed bug spray ive tried, ive tried a lot. its also cheaper , best spray

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, November 13, 2012
Diana Dunham (Madison, WI United States) - See all my reviews
After using another spray, and having little effect, I tried Raid Max. Wish I had used this first! After spraying the first time, there was a marked decrease; after the second time, I have not seen another bedbug. I liked the nozzle too... you can spray a wide area, or easily rotate the nozzle to spray into small crevices (where I had the problem bugs).

5.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunate Expert on Bedbugs, October 22, 2013
For the price, this product is very good. I've been using Raid Max (bedbugs) for awhile now. Bedbugs are pesky and very resistant bugs and therefore it's going to take a few treatments, AT LEAST!! The more consistent one is in treating (every 2 weeks), than they'll see better results. They're main nesting ground is in the box spring so heavily treating that area is VERY important. Also, getting the nooks and crannies. I've had an exterminator in and it only helped for a prolonged period of time. It was also very expensive, however, they do the same where they'll treat and then come back in 2 weeks and retreat. Depending on the exterminator, they'll repeat this process at least twice. Not sure if someone else in the condos we live in has them but we went without seeing one bedbug for a few months and then I found them again and had to throw out ours and our kids mattresses, so now we're back to treating but this time I'm treating. The East coast, in general, is dealing with the largest infestation in years. This product actually works very well and it is worth the price. If you treat only once, depending on the level of infestation, then it will not work. There are a lot of not so great products out there but I do vouch for this one and it's inexpensive. Also, it is important to have a mattress casing. It definitely will make this process a bit easier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped in defense, December 25, 2013
My son came home with unwanted company. He had picked up bedbugs!, I had never seen any, but my daughter recognized them. I'm a madwoman when it comes to unwanted company, and I started buying things to kill bed bugs. This was the first item, after doing research on those pest, I did buy other items and I was able to get rid of them. I will give Raid credit for being the first line of defense, because I'm sure it helped to stop them from traveling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Flea Killer!, January 11, 2013
I have had no problems with fleas after purchasing this product. I recommend this for anybody who needs to get rid of fleas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked well!!, December 12, 2012
I recently discovered we had bed bugs. I have no prior experience in dealing with them. I completely feaked out and was loosing my mind. I went online ordered diacemetous EARTH by safer and Euroclean. It took long to arrive. I just couldnt be- without doing anything until it arrived. SO i went to walmart and luckily found RAID.

I went home.. Opened up by mattress, bed box.. there they were..dirty blood sucking creatures.. lots of them.. they Made a nest kind at every corners. RAID has a great nozzle which reaches everywhere. I was able spray on them directly since they all were resting together in the nest. Immediately they seemed dead. I vaccumed them all. I did leave 1 bug to see RAID's effect on it. after 3 hours it seemed to be little alive. Not sure if it would have made it alive or not. Anyways, I threw out the mattress and the bed. No doubt RAID has a strong smell and not suitable for human. So there was no way I would spray on mattress and then be able to sleep on it. I vacated the entire room, sprayed raid as much as possible everywhere. Vaccumed twice. after this. 2 days later I was able to find just one bug on the wall corner... looking semi alive. NOT 1 bite or anything since I used RAID. I followed up with Diacemetous Earth.. It probably didnt find anything to kill except few ants. :( But who cares, mission accomplished! we have moved back to our bedroom.. and have been able to peaceful sleep past 1 week. :)

Once euroclean 3_in_1 arives, I will apply that too. Just as a preventive measure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kills on contact, January 27, 2014
My boyfriends' room has bedbugs, nowhere else in the house, just his bedroom - for the past several months. We couldn't figure out where they were coming from but after using this, we're positive it's the wooden bed frame. He has used other professional grade sprays before but they never died on contact and more importantly, they didn't die. In fact, it gotten progressively worse. I would get bit every night, even in the day time! They are not scared of light. In fact, the ones he has, I don't think they sleep at all because I get bitten no matter what time it is. He sprayed it all over the bed frame late Saturday night. The fumes are pretty strong so you absolutely have to air out the place for a couple of hours at least. He used an entire can to cover 90% of a full sized bed frame. Unfortunately, I'm the best guinea pig for this since bugs that feed on blood, like mine the best. So I woke up on Sunday with no bites! How gloriously happy were we to discover this. Woke up today with also no bites - and he only treated the frame once. I got him to take apart the frame to throw it out today and was able to see a LOT of bedbug waste, shells and corpses. Success! Will highly recommend this to anyone who has a bedbug issue, just make sure you read and follow the directions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Effective, April 24, 2014
The only reason I'm making this review is coz i know the struggle of people who had/have bed bugs. This item is very effective. Ive used bed bug traps under the bed, used other sprays, used bombs but nothing worked. I used this every 2 days left the room closed for most of the day. I've used around 9 bottles of these before it cleared all the bed bugs. Hope this review helps.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works on fleas, not so much for bedbugs, December 1, 2013