Tomb Raider Survival/Collector's Edition -Xbox 360
|Price:||$139.99 + $3.99 shipping|
- See description below for Survival/Collector's Edition Contents
- Tomb Raider Rebooted - The new version of Tomb Raider is designed to reboot the game series for both the new generation of gamers, as well as longtime fans
- The Origins of Lara Croft - Set before even the earliest of classic games in the series, Tomb Raider serves as an origin story for Lara Croft, detailing her metamorphosis from an unsure young woman, to a superstar adventurer
- Diverse Gameplay - The game incorporates a variety of gameplay genres, including survival, stealth, melee and ranged combat, exploration, and more
- Weapons - Utilize a variety of weapons, including bow and arrow, an ice ax, and pistol
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Tomb Raider Collector's Edition Content:
– Copy of the game
– Play Arts Kai Lara Croft Figurine — Fully posable figurine with over 40 points of articulation.
- The dirt on her body and clothes have been realistically recreated to tell the tale of Lara's fierce fight for survival on a desolate island in her first and most harrowing adventure.
- Comes with alternate set of three (3) hands, bow and arrow, shotgun, handgun, and climbing axe.
- Figure Size: Approx 8.0" Tall
– Endurance Survival Kit Packaging — Worn and weather-beaten steel tin recovered from the Endurance shipwreck.
- 15" x 19" Double Sided Island Map and Poster — Discover Key Landmarks from the mysterious island of Yamati, where Lara Croft and her fellow castaways were marooned after the Endurance shipwreck. On the reverse is a poster size image of the box art that epitomizes Lara's origin story.
– Lithographic Print — 5" x 7" heavy stock lithograph print with matte frame, designed by Crystal Dynamic's Senior Art Director, Brian Horton, painting by Brenoch Adams.
– Experience Shields — 3 Iron-on badges of the game's key icons
- Animal Instincts
- Climbing Axe
- Fire Arrow
– CD soundtrack — Tomb Raider Original Soundtrack 'Survivalist cut'
- A collection of 10 tracks totaling over 60 minutes of music from the game
– Downloadable Content — Weapons Pack
- A selection of weapons to help Lara survive against the island's inhabitants.
Platform: Xbox 360
Top Customer Reviews
To keep a long story short, this series reboot showcases Lara's transformation from an inexperienced young woman in search of adventure into a strong and unstoppable survivor. This isn't the unrealistically large-breasted Angelina Jolie look-alike who runs around in short-shorts with her belly button on display to appeal to lonely fanboys. This is Tomb Raider matured and honed to perfection. Adventure, danger, suspense, terror. And all centered around a well-rounded character (yes, Lara is finally a real character now).
Visually Tomb Raider is magnificent. Sure, there's a lot of browns and grays in many settings, but when the game opens up to the island the graphics showcase the wonderful designs crafted with such care at Crystal Dynamics.
Voice acting is great. Lara's portrayal (in both voice and motion-capture) is ahead of previous games by leaps and bounds. Sound design and music are generally excellent.
Finally, we have gameplay. Tomb Raider offers a welcome mixture of shooting, platforming, sneaking, and cinematic quick time events (QTE's). Many gamers dislike QTE's, and I understand why, but I personally welcome them when they are placed sensibly within the game. Tomb Raider gets it right, using these events to keep you on the edge of your seat. One wrong move and Lara dies, sometimes rather graphically.
On the whole developer Crystal Dynamics and publisher Square Enix have crafted a gem of a game that can be enjoyed by a new generation as well as series veterans. Tomb Raider is a force to be reckoned with once again, and I pity the next big action-adventure game that tries to do better.
The most striking comparison, of course, is that of the "Uncharted" series. "Tomb Raider" obviously existed long before "Uncharted", but it's equally obvious that it drew inspiration from the mechanics of climbing, combat, and cinematic storytelling of one of this generation's most successful series. And I'm not complaining at all- I wish there were more games like "Uncharted"! For the most part, "Tomb Raider" does a fantastic job implementing these elements, resulting in a game that is a blast to play and easy to pick up. Everything is very responsive, the settings are visually vibrant and interesting, and the island is begging for more thorough searching. The inclusion of TONS of unlockables is a genius notion, including documents (which help to further unfurl the mystery of the island), artifacts, and salvage (for weapon and gear upgrades), and it means crazy amounts of replay value... plus the online multiplayer aspect, if that strikes your fancy.Read more ›
Visual effects: 10/10
Voice acting: 10/10
Musical score: 11/10 (outstanding!)
Brutality and Gore: LOTS (probably too much for some people)
Xbox controller usage: 10/10
Frame rate: 10/10
Software stability: 10/10 (zero crashes)
Cut scenes: 10/10 (seamless)
Load pauses: NONE (amazing!)
Boot/splash time: FAST
Internet DRM: No
Worth the $60 price: Absolutely
The Play Arts Kai figure!
http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-Tomb-Raider-Action/product-reviews/B00A8ZD6HQ/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1 (I have reviewed the figure on amazon already. (I made sure to keep it detailed and nice)
The Box, Endurance Tin.
Great qaulity, great paint and some pretty cool little details. The hinges for teh tin are broken(NEVER ACTUALLY THERE)
Its about ten to eleven inches in length, and maybe six to seven inches in width. the same for its height and depth.
The game figure and everything else fits in there nicely.
Ten songs from the game. Most are pretty great, Warning, they rip as unknown artist and song name. Everytime.
It comes in a simple, albeit pretty card-board casing. Eh.
I need to point out that the sound-track is a SCORE. All instruments.
Little Art Book.
Great pictures, thirty eight pages total. All in colour. It covers mainly just concept art of enviroments. There is a minor bio on Lara and Enixs new version of her origens. Also, there are a few concepts of the other crew members.
Cool picture of Lara. Seen on the steel casing cover. Its pretty big. Not much else to say though.
The back comes with a map that wont help in-game. Maybe for a general idea as to what area has what type of enviroment.
Lara Picture Card.
Again its a piece of paper with Laras face. Feels very Hunger Games-y.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Daughter says best game ever she loves the graphics an story linePublished 7 days ago by Andreia Carpenter
This was a fun game, with excellent detail and especially grisly scenes. Laura actually kills people in this one as she fights for her life. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Amanda
Such a fun game, glad there was good reviews on amazon! I recommend this game! I found myself "sucked into" many of the scenes, I even got a queazy stomach from some of the... Read morePublished 23 days ago by Robert McLellan
I used to play the Tomb Raider games on PC quite a while ago. This is pretty close to what I remembered. Loved the game.Published 1 month ago by Will
I have yet to beat this game and further more is one of newest games I've played in about 6 years. To start this off I know it's a reboot, not a remaster. Read morePublished 1 month ago by PixelBitZombie