Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on August 20, 2014
Essentially the same issues as others report. Was somewhat useable for a few logins... then it just failed completely and I can't get it to work again. I get errors related to the Steam account auto-upgrades. This happens even after multiple reloads. So it is worthless as many others state on sites all over the internet. In an effort to make the game 'steal' proof it has become totally unplayable.
on October 13, 2014
This software takes you to an online store to download. The programming is very confusing and crashes often on xp, Its very difficult because the Steam software is a gateway to an online store so for an elderly person its not like hit the icon and play its like go to this website and try to figure it out. I gave it to my Dad as a gift to upgrade his MSTS what a disappointment. He got it to run after jumping all of the hoops and then it crashes. Thank you Amazon for easy returns..
on August 14, 2015
I downloaded this game for my Grandson but found it far too complicated for him even though he is computer literate. It just does not operate as he anticipated it would. Disappointed in my purchase.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2014
This download version of TS2014 requires the user to establish a Steam account to complete registration AND to use the game. This is only indirectly mentioned in the fine print of the Terms of Use. Even there it is not specifically given as a requirement for this game. I am very disappointed Amazon!

Follow-up: In fairness, Amazon promptly responded to my email concerning the inadequate information in the product description. The issue has been forwarded to the "concerned department". However, pointing out that this is identified as a "steam(sic) download" with the notation "DRM: Steam" doesn't seem very satisfying.

Product note: I found this to be little, if any, improvement over the original MS TrainSim. It's a different locale and trainset but the jerky graphics and overall modest quality world scenery are the same. Very disappointing.
0Comment6 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2014
I have this game and play it frequently. NONE of these 1 star ratings are fair. The game does have issues and Dovetail is not responsive to my concerns but it is a good game.

It is obvious that these 1 star users do not have a clue of how to play the game.
on June 24, 2014
Do not buy this game. Not worth the money. You have to have steam account to play. Amazon should not do this to its loyal customers.
0Comment4 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2014
Spent around $50 for this only to find that you must login online everytime you try to play the simulation. My password quit working, tried changing it 3 time but the site won't take it. Customer service is worthless and only online. Can't actually speak to a human. A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!!!!
0Comment5 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2014
Actually got 2015.
on May 9, 2014
When I ordered this game I had no idea it was not from the original Trainz line which is a product of AURAN and Australian company from which I have ordered many trainz simulators. Also I did not know it required STEAM in order to play. No indication is given in the advertisement nor on the box, nor by the seller. I never order STEAM products because of their lack of support. You register with a name and password this week then next week they no longer recognize you. You are unable to login or play the game and can get very little satisfaction in getting the issue resolved. This game does not have the download station where hundreds of add on and other things can be downloaded free and is not what I ordered nor wanted. Since it was from a third party vendor used by AMAZON I doubt I will ever get results. my money refunded, etc., and I am not happy. Had I known any of the above I would never have ordered it, and I do not reccommend any one else ordering TS 2014 either.
0Comment5 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2014
All you do is drive around, no upgrades to get. no products to deliver... what is the point. I do not get it great for people that want to just drive trains but really no point to the game at all
11 comment6 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See 1 answered question