Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

Package Type: Standard PackagingChange

on April 1, 2010
I saw many of the reviews who had used this with a 15" laptop, and wondered how well it would work with my 17" MBP. I don't know anyone that owns one, so I was a little uncertain. No worries - it works PERFECTLY! See the image I loaded that shows it in use, along with a 22" Gateway monitor, and a 24" HP monitor that complete my workstation.

The design leaves room underneath the unit, which is great for extra storage, or sliding a keyboard under (although it's not quite high enough if you tried to type under it). Solid construction that should last, quite simply, forever. The unit positions the laptop's screen to a height that works perfectly with my other external monitors.

Interestingly enough, the packaging it came in even reminded me of how Apple would have packaged it. It's a wonderful product that fills an obvious need, and is one of those "why didn't I think of that" items. Simple design, beautiful, and very functional.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2013
Not only is this stand stylish (it seem like something Apple would make), but it is at a great height and incline for typing, and there is plenty of space underneath my laptop to store my external hard drive... the cat also likes to lay under there. :) I highly recommend this product.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2008
My laptop was sitting flat on my desk, and I knew it was just a matter of time before I spilled something on it. So I considered this stand to be an insurance policy, as it puts my Macbook Pro out of harm's way.
Overall, the stand is great. It lifts my laptop up to a better height for viewing, frees up some desk space, and keeps it cooler.

My only gripe is that you have to be careful not to scratch the Macbook Pro's case on the edges of the stand, because the edges are a little sharper than I would like. I think I am going to take a file to the edges and that should fix that.

The viewing angle is just fine for me, and I don't even have the screen tilted all the way back.
review image review image
on January 28, 2015
This is a fantastic option for any Mac laptop user. I work from home and revamped my Macbook Pro into what now feels like a desktop. I no longer have to hunch down to look at the screen-- giving me better posture and less back/neck stiffness. You can't tell from the picture, but the forward facing part (where the computer would press against) also includes more of the rubber padding that you can see on the flat part of the stand. So, don't worry about any scuffs happening to your pretty aluminum Macbook Pro or Air. The color also matches completely, so it looks like it was created by Apple as well. I'm a picky person, but I literally have no complaints!
on January 1, 2010
I bought this stand not knowing if it would work for my Macbook Air, turns out that it works even better than I ever thought it would. If you have a Macbook Air buy with confidence, you will not be disappointed this is the stand for you!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
There's not much to say that hasn't been said before. This is an excellent product that keeps my MacBook Pro nice and cool. There is indeed a notch cut out now toward the bottom so you can now open and close the lid without lifting the laptop out of the holder.

Well worth the money, and probably the best MBP stand out there. Lowered my idle temperatures about 6 degrees over the Logitech Alto Express stand. Boy did my MBP get warm sitting on that puppy, plus you couldn't eject discs while using it. Wish I hadn't wasted the money... You live and learn!

Bottom line: Buy the Mstand. It's superb.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2008
The Mstand that I received is the newest style (with the cutout to access the MacBook Pro's release. After reading some of the other reviews, I can say that I have not run into any of the issues that other's have. The angle is great. It is very solid on my desk and does not wobble at all. If fact the only flaw (if you want to call it that) is that the front lip that holds the laptop on the stand is maybe slightly too high. This might be different for others, as I have a MacBook Pro 17". What I mean by too high, is that when my MacBook Pro is open and sitting on the stand, the lip is just slightly higher than the deck of the MacBook Pro. When I am typing (such as right now with this review), there is no problem. However, if I am checking a lot of things online, whether it is browsing, or checking prices and stock in my warehouses, I tend to use the trackpad a lot, which changes my hand placement on the laptop to use the trackpad instead of the keyboard. When I do this (so that my thumb is floating over the button at the bottom of the trackpad), the heel of my palm is right on top of the front lip and over time it can make the heel of my palm seem raw.

The fix for this from Rain Design could be as easy as either lightly lowering the lip to the same level as the deck height of the MacBook Pro, or to slightly round off the edges so that they are not as sharp.

However, if you were to use the stand in conjunction with an external keyboard and mouse (which was my original intention), then this problem is null and void anyway. I also believe that was the intended use by Rain Design. So in that light, and the fact that it is not a big enough problem to me to stop using the way I am, I am still rating this with 5 stars.

Shawn @ Street Sports
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2007
I purchased this for use with a MacBook Pro 15". I totally agree that the stand is of very high quality and beautifully designed.

Unfortunately, I haven't found the product useful because the "slope" of the mStand is quite steep and the lid of the MacBook Pro cannot be pushed back very far. Sitting at my desk, I would need to open the laptop a bit further to get the screen angle just right, but I cannot push the MBP screen back any further, unfortunately, and the mStand's angle is fixed, so...

This product would be very good with a laptop where you can push the screen open to a fairly wide angle or where the balance of screen angle, mStand angle, chair-desk-your height are all perfectly aligned. Otherwise, the mStand won't work so well "out of the box" and you might need to "help" it by placing things under it to play with the height further, thereby distracting from the "clean" design.

Yes, the latch of the MBP is covered by the "lip" of the mStand, so you'd have to lift the laptop off the stand to open the computer or just leave it permanently open or not quite fully closed. Having said this, the optical drive is completely accessible when using this stand, not covered by the lip at all.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2012
I love the sturdiness and design of this product. It works magnificently to keep everything at an appropriate angle AND it gives a great viewing angle to read books on if you don't have your laptop set up!
review image review image
on November 14, 2014
I bought this because I wanted to set up my Macbook Pro 15" permanently on my table. I looked at MANY other designs and style but somehow I kept coming back to this specific one. I finally settled on this after 2/3 months, It is well worth the price. It is constructed of one piece of solid aluminum and is very durable and looks great. The opening in the back is great for cable management, and there is ample space to store keyboard, mouse or hide unsightly cables. I would definitely recommend this product.