5.0 out of 5 stars Great for hard water
Published on May 16, 2012 by M. Ranney

3.0 out of 5 stars too smelly
I bought this because it was cheaper than the other powdered water softener, but it's got additives which smell up your clothes. It's a good smell, but I just want my clothes to smell like clothes, not perfume.
Published 15 months ago by busyworkinmom

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for hard water, May 16, 2012
This review is from: Rain Drops Water Softener, 42 Ounce (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
I was having so many problem with my new high efficiency washer and our hard water. The stains in clothes just would not come out and the clothes always felt stiff from detergent not washing out completely. This changed all of that! Our clothes are now soft, and stain free. Also it cleaned the inside of my washer from the hard water build up that had accumulated. It says you can use it for more cleaning, so I am going to give it a try!

3.0 out of 5 stars too smelly, April 10, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfume ingredient, May 26, 2012
I wanted this for our dishwasher and washing cloth diapers, but can't use it for either because it contains "perfume". There is no mention of this in the description, so I'm petty disappointed. I guess I'll have to pay more for Calgon, and literally dump this in the toilet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleans up RV holding tank, September 16, 2013
Ha! I bet you thought I was using this for laundry. Nope! I bought it to clean up a stinky RV holding tank. I mixed 2 cups of the Rain Drops Water Softener, 1 cup laundry detergent and 2 gallons of water. I found this recipe on line. It's called the Geo method By Charles Bruni. Check out his web site for more information -- By Charles Bruni. It did wonders to stop the stinkyness.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard Water?, May 1, 2013
I have very hard water and constantly get mineral deposits in my dishwasher, washing machine, shower, you-name-it. This definitely helps get it clean without a lot of scrubbing. I just wet the surface, sprinkle on a little bit (it starts to fizz a bit) and in a few minutes, I go back and wipe it with a green scrub pad. It also works to clean the filter in the range hood - instead of tossing it and buying another, I bought a stainless filter and soak it in a bit of softener and warm water. I add it to the washloads, to the basement toilet that never gets used, and just about everything that gets the white mineral or rusty buildup.

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is excellent! Especially in Hard Water Areas of the US, December 28, 2013
Stephanie R. Schoenfeld (Canoga Park, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought RAIN DROPS to replace a product that has been removed from the market by the new owners of the other products company. I found RAIN DROPS on line at a price the was reasonable and decided to try it. It is as good as I hoped it would be. Laundry and Household chores are greatly helped by using this product ---- I don't have to work so hard to clean dishes and make glass spotless! Thank you Arm & Hammer -- you always seem to make good products --- and I buy most of them!

4.0 out of 5 stars scent is very mild, August 23, 2013
lots of people say they can't use this because of the scent. I have only used it in the laundry and have never smelt it on the clothes afterward (my detergent is odor free). I would use in the dish washer as the scent isn't any stronger than dish washing detergent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Water softener, January 24, 2014
This product is hard to find.
amazon to the rescue, once again.
It works like it should to soften the bath water.
Also used for cleaning silver with the aluminum plate.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, June 1, 2013
justasuit (Santa Clara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
It does the job, as one would expect. These boxes are kinda small so keep that in mind. I use it to soften the water in the dishwasher. I scoop about two tablespoons into the washer for each wash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can not live without it, July 12, 2013
S. Reinhardt (Brighton, MI USA) - See all my reviews
I live in an area where water is obtained by ground wells. Rain drops works great; we use it in every washer load. I smile every time the delivery man brings it to our house. I am by nature a thrifty person; I do not mind spending money on this product.

Rain Drops Water Softener, 42 Ounce (Pack of 2)
$10.16