Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on September 11, 2014
I've used these on my car for years. I tried the Bosch version on my wife's car (only for the fact that my closest auto parts store no longer carries Rain-X blades), and I don't believe they are as good. I think I got close to 3 years on my last Rain-x Latitude pair.

An awesome feature of these blades, is that they are reversible. After several months, I noticed they started to streak. I popped off the J-hook adapter and spun it 180 degrees, and then reinstalled. No more streaking! The J-hook adapter has two cylindrical tabs that lock in the blade and acts like a see-saw. I did this about every six months and they would last much longer than conventional blades. You can't spin the J-hook adapter on the Bosch version like this. The Bosch adapter is molded to the blade.
11 comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2010
Reading some of the other reviews, I think some people are installing these incorrectly. The symptoms they describe sound like the first set I bought, which was for my girlfriend's 2008 Nissan Rogue. When I installed the driver's side wiper (the longer of the two) it didn't make good contact with the windshield and would have left huge streaks. There is a way to adjust how the wiper sits by fiddling with the mount. Once I did that (per the included instructions), it worked like a champ. I just put a pair on my 2010 Xterra, and didn't have to do anything special...they worked great from the start. It sometimes pays to read the instructions.

As far as the blades scratching the windshield, the only thing I can think of that would cause that to happen is if they forgot to take the plastic cover off the blade. I can't see how someone might do that, but the blade itself is pretty flexible, so I have no idea how it could scratch auto glass.

For me, these have been great, and the price on Amazon is very reasonable. I think I saved about $6 per blade by not getting them at the local auto parts store. I think this should be one of the items that Amazon lets you "Subscribe" to, so you could have them delivered every six months or so. That would certainly help me to remember to change my wiper blades!

UPDATE: Been using these now for a couple of years and still love them. The Bosch version are also very good so I tend to buy whichever brand happens to be cheaper at the time.
1616 comments| 301 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2008
These wipers are fantastic in the rain, especially when brand new. They do not squeak or smear while removing all water from your windshield.

In the snow, they are not that bad, if you park your car in a garage anyway. The problem with these blades is that they do not hold up well in cold weather, especially when coated with snow and ice.

I've had these blades on my Blazer for about 7 months, and during the fall they were great. Once the bad weather started to come (Buffalo, NY) the snow and ice began to build up on the blades while parked outside. The design of these blades includes plastic end caps that keep the main blade strip from moving. But when water has collected inside the cap and it freezes, the expanded ice loosens the cap and it eventually falls off. After that, the blade will slowly ease its way out from the holder slot. If you do not slide it back right away (every day or during the drive) it will ruin the blade when it wipes. This results in the wiper not being able to get a clean wipe in thick snows or sleet on both strokes. I regularly get a big wet icy patch in the middle of my windshield due to this.

I have been looking for the perfect winter wipers for a long time, and these are not them.
1515 comments| 257 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2014
These work great! Even better once I figured out to remove the clear/white plastic protective blade covers! You'll figure it out quickly if you forget as well because they'll streak horribly and then once you remove the protective covers the blades glide perfectly smooth. I do wonder for those reviewers who experienced streaks if they also forgot to remove the blade protectors (used for packaging only). These work/fit great on a RAM1500 Sport (2012).
55 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2015
When I first started using this wiper, I was replacing old, crappy wipers, and the improvement was fantastic. Install was easy, value seemed good.

I've now had these on my car for less than three months, and for about two months of that, the results of running my wipers has been streaky. Only one month of good use is annoying and low quality in my opinion, but not deserving of a scathing 1-star review.

So why am I rating this with only one star? Because the first time I drove for more than 15 minutes in the rain with my wipers running, the blade started slipping out of the wiper arm. (See attached pictures.)

The escaping blade resulted in a ~5in patch on the lower part of my windshield that wasn't being wiped clear, which in itself isn't horrible. What is horrible is that every five minutes of driving added a noticeable distance to the amount the blade escaped its sheath. This left me with the choice of pulling over to the side of a busy freeway in pouring rain to fix my windshield wiper, or to drive without wipers (since if I continued to use it, it would have continued to escape, leaving me with a plastic wiper rubbing against my windshield with no rubber blade to remove the rain).

Choosing between those two options is not a choice anyone should have to make, and the fact that RainX put me in that dangerous position is infuriating.

When I stopped, I replaced the blade in its sheath and realized the problem is that the wiper has a very small notch in place to prevent the blade from slipping, but the blade is not long enough to sit up next to this notch, so when it hits the notch in movement, it doesn't do anything and the blade comes right on out. A week after my first "long" drive in the rain with these blade, the same thing happened again (this time starting after only 10 minutes of driving with wipers on).

So if you live in the desert and only need to wipe your windshield to clean it, go ahead and invest in this piece of crap. But if you ever intend to drive in the rain, buy something else for your own safety.
review image review image
77 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2010
The concept of wiper blades that leech Rain-X is brilliant. They clipped right onto our Corolla, we wiped down the windshield with the activator wipe and let them run for 3 minutes (per the directions). We then went out into the Seattle rain and watched and the water beaded up and rolled off the windshield. You barely even need to use the wipers. My one negative is that I wasn't entirely happy with how they handled snow. Since the snow isn't as wet the windshield wipers squeak and stick to the windshield a bit when trying to get powdery snow off. It did it just fine, I just hate that sound.
on May 30, 2015
Let me start this review off by saying that I am incredibly brand-loyal to Rain-X. I use the windshield wiper fluid, the fluid to make your windshield rain-resistant, and have been buying their windshield wipers since I was old enough to drive a car. I love my Rain-X products. They're great.

These wipers, however, are horrendous. Sure, they clear rain off of your windshield, but only if you're lucky enough to not get something stuck under them. And believe me when I say that things get stuck under them all the time. I've pulled things from under these wipers more times in the past week than I have ever cleared from under my wipers. Ever.

On top of that (and my guess is this is likely just a defect to this one wiper in general), the 21" driver's side wiper has an area about 1.5" near the bottom where it doesn't hit the windshield, so it leaves a puddle behind it when in use.

I'm not saying to not buy Rain-X products. I'm just saying don't buy these wipers. In this case, the higher price is not indicative of their quality.

Edit July 2015: now I'm getting streakiness even without things getting stuck under the wipers, as indicated by the photo attached. Going to replace these soon, but am hesitant to invest in Rain-X wipers again. Dilemma.
review image
on December 9, 2008
This is an excellent product that I used for the first time on my
2004 Acura TL. They blades are some form of synthetic material and
are the smoothest and quietest that I have used. The Bosch Icon is
also an excellent blade, but I would rate these a bit better.

The only negative to the blade I can find is that it lacks a plastic
cover for the hook attachment that the Icon has. This is purely
aesthetic, but a nice touch. Besides that, these were easy to install
and a surprisingly great find.
on February 7, 2015
These wipers used to be my favorite, goto wiper. Recently I've purchased three sets for two different vehicles and they haven't lasted. Some a couple of months, some a couple weeks. I used to be able to get almost a year out of them. The manufacturer has been no help in addressing my concerns. Will be trying different brands from now on.
on February 12, 2008
In cold weather one wiper worked in one direction of sweep then did not "flip" over and change direction for the opposite sweep. This caused a chattering and rappid skipping.

The other wiper simply did not make complete contact with windshield.

These might work in a warm weather climate.