1,554 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Operator Error?
Published on July 15, 2010 by The Grizz

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for rain, not for snow.
These wipers are fantastic in the rain, especially when brand new. They do not squeak or smear while removing all water from your windshield.

In the snow, they are not that bad, if you park your car in a garage anyway. The problem with these blades is that they do not hold up well in cold weather, especially when coated with snow and ice.

I've had...
Published on February 12, 2008 by Stanz

5.0 out of 5 stars Operator Error?, July 15, 2010
The Grizz (California, USA) - See all my reviews
Reading some of the other reviews, I think some people are installing these incorrectly. The symptoms they describe sound like the first set I bought, which was for my girlfriend's 2008 Nissan Rogue. When I installed the driver's side wiper (the longer of the two) it didn't make good contact with the windshield and would have left huge streaks. There is a way to adjust how the wiper sits by fiddling with the mount. Once I did that (per the included instructions), it worked like a champ. I just put a pair on my 2010 Xterra, and didn't have to do anything special...they worked great from the start. It sometimes pays to read the instructions.

As far as the blades scratching the windshield, the only thing I can think of that would cause that to happen is if they forgot to take the plastic cover off the blade. I can't see how someone might do that, but the blade itself is pretty flexible, so I have no idea how it could scratch auto glass.

For me, these have been great, and the price on Amazon is very reasonable. I think I saved about $6 per blade by not getting them at the local auto parts store. I think this should be one of the items that Amazon lets you "Subscribe" to, so you could have them delivered every six months or so. That would certainly help me to remember to change my wiper blades!

UPDATE: Been using these now for a couple of years and still love them. The Bosch version are also very good so I tend to buy whichever brand happens to be cheaper at the time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for rain, not for snow., February 12, 2008
This review is from: Rain-X 5079279 Latitude 8-In-1 Premium Graphite Coated Wiper Blade, 22" (Pack of 1) (Automotive)

I've had these blades on my Blazer for about 7 months, and during the fall they were great. Once the bad weather started to come (Buffalo, NY) the snow and ice began to build up on the blades while parked outside. The design of these blades includes plastic end caps that keep the main blade strip from moving. But when water has collected inside the cap and it freezes, the expanded ice loosens the cap and it eventually falls off. After that, the blade will slowly ease its way out from the holder slot. If you do not slide it back right away (every day or during the drive) it will ruin the blade when it wipes. This results in the wiper not being able to get a clean wipe in thick snows or sleet on both strokes. I regularly get a big wet icy patch in the middle of my windshield due to this.

I have been looking for the perfect winter wipers for a long time, and these are not them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, January 26, 2008
PsyDawg (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
So, this was my first attempt at the "contemporary" wiper blade design and I have to say I was extremely disappointed with the Latitudes. Right out of the box they were streaking on me. The driver side wiper was leaving a huge smear patch in the middle of my line of sight. They were very quiet, but just didn't seem to hug the windshield at all. I have since moved to the Bosch Icon's and they are a far superior product in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rain-X Latitude, March 1, 2008
I had Bosch wipers on my VW Passat and they never really cleaned off the windshield well. I've had the 20" Latitudes on for two month in a typical New England winter (rain, snow, sleet, more snow) and they've worked like a charm. I would recommend them over Bosch, they are more substantial and look cool too.

1.0 out of 5 stars worst blades I ever bought, March 23, 2010
When I bought these blades for my Honda Civic, I also bought a set of Bosch Icon blades for my wifes mini van (which takes a 28" blade). The Bosch blades where much more expensive than the Rain-X, so I thought this would be a good way to find out if the extra cost was worth it. Within a few weeks of installing the Rain-X blades, they were already not wiping very well. It was like there were areas of the blade that weren't contacting the windshield very well. They also started falling apart. I lost the end pieces after about 2 months on one blade. From that point on, the blade itself would start sliding up the arm. I would then have to re-position it back.

The other major issue with these blades was how ineffective they were at freeway speeds (50 mph+). They would lift as the blade was on the down stroke. Which shows you how bad aerodynamically they are. As a comparison, the 28" Bosch blades on my wifes van never had this problem.

Yet another major problem was winter performance. I live in Minnesota, so we see lots of freezing weather. The Rain-X blade would get real stiff and would wipe maybe 40-50% of it's length, and not do that very well. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to rip those dam blades off my car.

I ended up using these blades for about a year, only because I couldn't afford to buy new ones (was unemployed for a little bit). In reality, I should have replaced them after about 4 months. On the other hand, the Bosch Icon wipers on the van are now 2 years old and still do a good job. I did replace my Rain-X wipers with Bosch Icon's and what a difference. I am having none of the problems I had with the Rain-X wipers.

In conclusion, spend the extra money for the Bosch Icon's. They are worth every penny.

1.0 out of 5 stars Latitude wipers don't live up to manufacturer's claims, October 29, 2009
I bought a pair of these wipers based on all the advertising hype from Rain-X. They were really expensive as you must already know. Before installing the wipers, I cleaned the windshield with the Rain-X spray glass cleaner which was provided with my wipers. I bought them directly from Rain-X and the glass cleaner and treatment were part of a promotional deal. Then I treated the glass with Rain-X Original Glass Treatment. On first usage, I was amazed at how well these blades removed water and how quiet they were. But after 4 or 5 uses, these expensive, hyped up wipers began to chatter across the windshield just like my old cheap Pep Boys wipers did. So I cleaned the glass again, reapplied more glass treatment and made sure the wipers were clean as well. Did this work? No. I contacted Rain_X twice asking for advice as to how to prevent this annoying, frustrating chattering. All I received in return were e-mails promising a solution. That was 2 months ago and I haven't heard anything yet. My advice is to buy two pairs of cheap blades for the same money you'll spend on these monsters.

Oct. 24, 2011 addendum: I recently noticed that the end cap which retains the wiper blade onto the arm was missing. Maybe it came off in the car wash, but no matter, because you would think that with a $25 wiper nothing should fall off. Now I must constantly be aware of the position of the wiper blade in relation to the arm. I'm always afraid that the blade will slip off at the most inopportune time. I contacted Rain-X asking for a replacement end cap and was informed that they don't carry those. So I asked for a replacement wiper blade assembly. They never responded to that request. I'm going to replace these extremely poor wipers with conventional blades from Auto Zone. For what I spent on these pieces of crap, I can buy 2 sets of regular blades.

1.0 out of 5 stars dissapointed, February 12, 2008
In cold weather one wiper worked in one direction of sweep then did not "flip" over and change direction for the opposite sweep. This caused a chattering and rappid skipping.

The other wiper simply did not make complete contact with windshield.

These might work in a warm weather climate.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rain-X Latiitude-2 Problem, January 11, 2009
K. Slotkowski (West Bloomfield, MI USA) - See all my reviews
***************** PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW ****************

This review only applies to Rain-X Latitude-2 wiper blade designed for what Rain-X describes as Insert & Lock (I&L) wiper arms. This 22" wiper blade fits all 2007 and later models of Cadillac Escalade (all models), Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban and Tahoe, GMC Sierra and Yukon amongst other manufacturers.

This wiper blade was purchased because of a recommendation in the November 2008 issue of Consumers Reports. In all fairness to CR only the Rain-X Latitude non dash 2 were tested.

The attachment for the blade to the wiper arm is not very robust (unlike the original General Motors OEM blades for Pinch Tab Wiper Arms) and keeps disengaging from the arm when it is lifted for cleaning the windshield (of snow and ice). The metal shoe which is fastened to the blade detaches easily from the plastic arm attachment device. These wiper blades are more expensive then others and yet their attachment method is not as secure as the original OEM blades. It could be quite possible for the Rain-X Latitude-2 to disengage from the wiper arm while driving (in a storm)! Apparently Rain-X did not test this design with snow and ice on the windshield. What was wrong with the OEM attachment design?

These wiper blade were purchased directly from Rain-X. Contacting Rain-X regarding this issue has been an exercise in futility. They have not recognized the seriousness of this issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very smooth and unique wiper blade, December 9, 2008
Steven Rosen "SMRTech" (Springfield, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent product that I used for the first time on my
2004 Acura TL. They blades are some form of synthetic material and
are the smoothest and quietest that I have used. The Bosch Icon is
also an excellent blade, but I would rate these a bit better.

The only negative to the blade I can find is that it lacks a plastic
cover for the hook attachment that the Icon has. This is purely
aesthetic, but a nice touch. Besides that, these were easy to install
and a surprisingly great find.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, do not buy!, February 21, 2008
I have used these for 2 months now and I am very disappointed. They work great in rain but work very poorly in snow. They are so bad in snow I consider them a real safety hazard. I have now replaced them with the Ace brand that I have always used in the past for the winter months and will probably just use the Rainx wipers in the summer. Also end caps fall off.