Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Flavor: Rainbow|Change
Price:$1.10+ $4.99 shipping
Your rating(Clear)Rate this item


There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.

on January 23, 2012
The glitter itself is very beautiful, however I wanted to clarify for all future buyers that it is NOT edible as seems to be implied many places. Note the disclaimer they have included in the product description. The label on the package (which is covered up by an inventory label that has to be very carefully removed to be read!) clears says it's "For Decorative Arts and Crafts" and an in-depth google search will reveal that this product SHOULD NOT BE eaten. So basically it's very, very expensive glitter.
33 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2013
The product description says:
Product Description
Rainbow Disco Dust is an extra fine glitter that will add a touch of color with lots of sparkle to your cakes and confections. Disco Dust contains only ingredients that are non-toxic and are ideal for use with gumpaste or rolled fondant.

However, the manufacturers website (which wasn't listed in the product advertisement) clearly states: These dusts are not FDA approved. They are not a food product and should not be considered as such.
[...]

Do not buy for cakes!!
11 comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2012
This is NOT Disco Dust which is edible and made for baking. DO NOT purchase this product for such purposes!
11 comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2012
I bought this Disco/pixie dust at a local cake decorating supply store. It is indeed beautiful. But as another reviewer pointed out, the label does say "For decorative arts & crafts". It also says "non-toxic". So sure, it probably won't kill you. But it's also clearly not a food product either. (How many food products say "non-toxic" on the box?) Here is the manufacturer's website: [...]
0Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2013
I havew a container in my hands and it says on the label for decorative arts and crafts. NON TOXIC. but CK site says not edible and not approved for human consumption - so why is it sold in cake decorating stores?
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 2014
I love this stuff. A little goes a long way, it adds sparkle and shine, and gives baked goods a fantastic finish. When used sparingly, I'll eat it, I'll give it to my friends, my family, and even my kids to eat. It's not like it's a choking hazard, and it's not like you're going to down the whole 5 grams in one sitting. Even if you did, you'd probably just have prettier glittery poops.
0Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2015
Nothing on the packaging gives the appearance this can be used on cakes and other food items, as described (packaging specifically notes "arts & crafts"). I tasted it and it tastes a little soapy, but did not feel sick or anything. I bet you COULD eat it, I just don't know if you SHOULD. I ordered this for some cupcakes I was taking into work, but was afraid what it might do to my coworkers, so I did not use it. Looks and feels a lot like 'pixie dust' glitter used for makeup.
0Comment| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2016
Pricey product but it's beautiful! So sparkly. Does not take much to dust over your item. I attached a photo of it on my "My Little Pony Poo" cookies and cowboy hat cupcake toppers. It's a bit hard to see it on the cookies in the photo but it shows up just fine in real life. Beautiful! You can see it on the plate to get an idea of what it looks like. Great product to have if you bake, especially for special occasions or super girly desserts! Highly recommended. Below I explained the difference between "Edible glitter", "craft glitter", and "Non toxic" glitter. Worth a read if you want to understand exactly what this stuff is.

The difference between edible glitter, craft glitter, and non toxic glitter:
It took me a bit of research to figure out how "edible glitter" actually works. Let me tell you what the deal is with this stuff. There is no REAL EDIBLE GLITTER on the market. Not anywhere. Stop looking. If you want edible you get shiny sprinkles, colored sugar, sugar dust. It is not at all "glitter".
If you want glitter you get NON TOXIC glitter. This is NOT EDIBLE, but it won't hurt you to use it on food here and there. What this means is that it does not get digested. So it comes out the same way it goes in, think glitter poo. Haha.
Just understand this before you buy. It's plastic. Anyone marketing it as "edible" is lying to you. If it looks like real glitter, it is not edible. It is really about personal opinions. Some people will NOT want non edible glitter in their food or their childs food. Some people don't see a problem with it here and there. It just won't get digested. Like gum if you swallow it. Probably not good to use regularly but I don't see the harm in using it for a birthday party or something special. If you know a mom that is a health nut you should probably tell her what it is first. Just sprinkle some on, don't COAT it. There is not enough to coat the food anyway.
review image review image
0Comment| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2016
Edible glitter you can use on cupcakes or cake looks really pretty sprinkled on top of frosting. It has no taste and the texture disappears into the frosting So there is no worry about grittyness. Rainbow color is a iridescent white/clear.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2016
The "rainbow disco dust" is really more of a white color than a true rainbow. Keep this in mind when doing decorating - it's really not going to add more depth to your pieces. I am using this only for a light sparkle.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Questions? Get fast answers from reviewers

Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
See all 4 answered questions


Send us feedback

How can we make Amazon Customer Reviews better for you?
Let us know here.