5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty glitter that makes the cake
Published 6 months ago by Fran P.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT Edible
Published on January 23, 2012 by Kristi

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT Edible, January 23, 2012
This review is from: Rainbow Disco Dust, 5 grams (Kitchen)
The glitter itself is very beautiful, however I wanted to clarify for all future buyers that it is NOT edible as seems to be implied many places. Note the disclaimer they have included in the product description. The label on the package (which is covered up by an inventory label that has to be very carefully removed to be read!) clears says it's "For Decorative Arts and Crafts" and an in-depth google search will reveal that this product SHOULD NOT BE eaten. So basically it's very, very expensive glitter.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT edible!, February 5, 2012
This review is from: Rainbow Disco Dust, 5 grams (Kitchen)
This is NOT Disco Dust which is edible and made for baking. DO NOT purchase this product for such purposes!

1.0 out of 5 stars In contrast to the description, NOT EDIBLE!, April 2, 2013
The product description says:
Product Description
Rainbow Disco Dust is an extra fine glitter that will add a touch of color with lots of sparkle to your cakes and confections. Disco Dust contains only ingredients that are non-toxic and are ideal for use with gumpaste or rolled fondant.

However, the manufacturers website (which wasn't listed in the product advertisement) clearly states: These dusts are not FDA approved. They are not a food product and should not be considered as such.
[...]

Do not buy for cakes!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but not classed as edible, June 22, 2012
This review is from: Rainbow Disco Dust, 5 grams (Kitchen)
I bought this Disco/pixie dust at a local cake decorating supply store. It is indeed beautiful. But as another reviewer pointed out, the label does say "For decorative arts & crafts". It also says "non-toxic". So sure, it probably won't kill you. But it's also clearly not a food product either. (How many food products say "non-toxic" on the box?) Here is the manufacturer's website: [...]

1.0 out of 5 stars edible or not?, November 21, 2013
This review is from: Rainbow Disco Dust, 5 grams (Kitchen)
I havew a container in my hands and it says on the label for decorative arts and crafts. NON TOXIC. but CK site says not edible and not approved for human consumption - so why is it sold in cake decorating stores?

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty glitter that makes the cake, August 16, 2014
This review is from: Rainbow Disco Dust, 5 grams (Kitchen)
I love this stuff. A little goes a long way, it adds sparkle and shine, and gives baked goods a fantastic finish. When used sparingly, I'll eat it, I'll give it to my friends, my family, and even my kids to eat. It's not like it's a choking hazard, and it's not like you're going to down the whole 5 grams in one sitting. Even if you did, you'd probably just have prettier glittery poops.

5.0 out of 5 stars All your food will sparkle with Disco Dust!!, August 7, 2013
Monika (Palo Alto, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rainbow Disco Dust, 5 grams (Kitchen)
I was skeptical ordering this because of the reviews that claim this is craft glitter, not for human consumption. Those reviews are WRONG - this is CK Products Disco Dust, designed for cake decorations and other edible applications! I've been putting Disco Dust in EVERYTHING lately! It makes mixed drinks shimmer, cookies shine, and biscuits & gravy glimmer! Though beware - if you eat enough Disco Dust, glitter poops are entirely possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rainbow Disco Dust, September 10, 2011
This review is from: Rainbow Disco Dust, 5 grams (Kitchen)
This is my favorite extra glam for all my decorated cakes! Very easy to use and doesn't melt or disappear even when used on buttercream!

5.0 out of 5 stars great look!, March 21, 2014
R. Beck (Memphis, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rainbow Disco Dust, 5 grams (Kitchen)
I wanted this glitter for my cookies and cupcakes I make! I get a lot of compliments only baked goods!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's glitter, March 3, 2014
This review is from: Rainbow Disco Dust, 5 grams (Kitchen)
It's glitter, just like it says. This glitter is the very pretty holographic looking glitter. I am not sure if it is edible or not. I did not purchase it to eat.

Rainbow Disco Dust, 5 grams