Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 24, 2003
Let's face it: who doesn't love Don Freeman? His books are amazing and I loved many of them when I was little. I did not come across this one until about 6 months ago when I was shopping for my daughter. She is now 2.5 years old and this is the one book that she MUST hear (in addition to a few others) before she goes to bed every night. In fact, she has it memorized.
It is about a little boy who runs outside after a rainstorm to try to find a rainbow. After he fails to find it, he imagines that one appears in front of him, swirling and whirling around him, to let him know that it wants to play. They then play hide and seek (and the rainbow hides in a flower bed, of course), and other games. The boy returns home to find that the sun is making a prism with the goldfish bowl in his bedroom, so that there is a rainbow on his bedroom wall (a rainbow of his very own).
The tale is very simple and charming, and the illustrations are great, so that kids of all ages will love it. I highly recommend this book for any boy or girl.
on February 11, 1998
Probably one of the most entertaining books for children. My daughters listened to me read about the rainbow and how it interacts with the child. Suddenly my girls were pointing them out with joy. It's a must order for parents!
on June 22, 2000
Another of Don Freeman's classics, Rainbow of My Own will delight young listeners and readers. The text is easily understood and the words flow well. The pictures seem to be water color, and the shades suit the story perfectly. Charming book that brings a smile!
on April 25, 2004
Oh yes! I wanted a rainbow, too. I drew plenty of them and pasted them on the wall. I cut them out from construction paper, and I made them out of clay. I thought I could catch one using one of these ways. I even tried "catching" one with a prism. I found this book when I was in first grade. I just recently discovered it, again last month. Magical...
on February 29, 2016
My daughter adores this book. It's so cute! About a child who is trying to find a rainbow, because every child wants to play with a rainbow. The illustrations are beautiful. Such a great picture book!
on February 10, 2016
I got this book as a gift for a toddler to go along with the Grimms Rainbow Blocks http://www.amazon.com/Grimms-6-Piece-Rainbow-Nesting-Elements/dp/B004R3TM9Q. I love pairing a toy along with a book to give as a gift to encourage the little ones to read and inspire their imagination as they play with the toy. This cute little book would pair well with anything rainbow related like a prism, rainbow maker, or the blocks I bought.
on February 17, 2010
This is a great book, especially when you buy the night light "Rainbow in my room". My 5 year old daughter loves to shine the rainbow on her wall while we're reading this book.
on December 17, 2013
I bought this book for my class to help explore the topic of rainbows. It did the job well. I purchased the paperback - I only wish that the pictures were a little more vibrant. Maybe the hardcover would be better.
on March 18, 2016
Rainbows are my favorite so I purchased this book to read to my great niece. The colors of the rainbow are beautiful and the story is fun! The color are just the right size to help teach her her colors.
on October 13, 2012
Such a delightful story. I'm a teacher and all my students from kindergarten to second graders love it when I read this book. What child wouldn't be excited about imagining a rainbow as their friend?!