Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rainbow Piano Technique
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 3, 2008
I like the idea of the colors but I noticed that the colors were too similar which is a shame considering the wide array of contrasting colors that exist. Notably, the G/B reddish hue, the A/C orange hue and C/C# purple hue were too similar. I have had music training and could tell the difference but my son confused the shades because of the similarity.

Interestingly enough, if you look at the picture of the boy on the book, he has a wide array of contrasting colors including fluorescents and primary colors. At the very least this book has inspired me to color code sheet music using better colors. I bit over priced, but a good idea.
on October 23, 2008
The rainbow piano technique is one of the most educational and pedagogical piano methods that I have seen so far in the market. I play music for more than 20 years and I can say that this is a method that I recommend for kids . Actually the method is so simple and pedagogical that I would recommend it even to adults and parents who have no idea about music and they would like to have a nice and smooth introduction to it.
I wish methods like the rainbow piano method were available when I was kid during my first introductory steps into music.
on December 9, 2008
Without much piano background myself, I wanted to motivate my four-year old daughter to play piano. I thought that if I could teach her how to read English and how to count, it wouldn't hurt to teach her how to read music. The first book I bought was Piano for Preschoolers by Angie Crellin. The book was great for me playing and my daughter singing together. For a couple of months, she was playing with one finger. Then I found the book Rainbow Piano Technique. The clear fingering labels in the book helped my daughter to start playing with both hands right away (separately at the beginning). I'm also very lucky to receive many useful advices from Anni Wang including how to add stories to the music to make it more playful and meaningful for the child to play. I think that it'd be most helpful for parents to use this book interactively with the child, such as by pointing out the colors and correct keys at the beginning, and by making up stories as the music goes. After a month using the book, my daughter now plays half of the book. She loves the song "Skipping Frogs" and to describe how a princess meets a frog while she picks flowers near a stream, or how the dolphins swim along the waves in "Ode to Joy." I would recommend this book to every motivated parent who wants to show their kids the beauty of piano music by simply, playing.
on January 9, 2014
The book is of very poor quality, and the color markers need to be taped on every time.

I later realized that most of the 5 star reviews on this book seem to be from the Pasadena-SoCal area, where the creators of the book are from. I'm assuming that they just got a few friends to give the book 5 stars on Amazon to help it sell or something.
on May 30, 2008
We love using Rainbow Piano Technique. More importantly, our daughter, 3, loves it. She had an immediate response, picking up a full measure of music within minutes. She started playing songs in it, left hand and right hand, within three weeks. The color tabs let her read the music without stress. The music is familiar children's songs, and Annie Wang seems to have done a good job in making them sound fresh. We are truly delighted with the book. We wanted to give our daughter the gift of music, and this turns out to be an excellent start to that dream.
on October 27, 2008
This rainbow piano technique is amazing! After one year of piano lessons, my 5 years old son still can't play nor can he sit in front of the piano for more than 10 minutes. But after I bought this book, he love to match the color and play the songs. He is so proud that he can play songs for us. I was very impressed that this book really open his door to music. He can play all the songs from this book within a month. I am looking forward to purchase the second book from this Rainbow series. Thanks for opening my son's music talent!
on October 25, 2008
I gave the book a try as an adult learner with very little musical experience. It was very easy to start playing simple songs with the colored keys, but I was quite surprised how quickly I could start reading sheet music without the colors. Although the book and song selections are definitely oriented towards children, I think adults with little piano or sheet music reading ability can also benefit from the book, and perhaps even learn together with their children.
on October 17, 2008
I bought this book for my son. When I received this book, I was disappointed. The price is too expensive for the quality. For this price, at least self-adhesive stickers for the colored markers should be provided instead of cutting out from the book and tape it on the piano keyboard.
My son also showed little interest in the book.