5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully detailed
Published on September 11, 2012 by Penelope Campbell

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Lame Color.
Really wanted to love it for our nursery - but the colors is NOT that red as other reviewers have said. I thought I'd try my luck, but it's definitely a muted salmon color. Quality was very nice though. I might order again in the blue.
Published 5 months ago by Ana Polak

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully detailed, September 11, 2012
This review is from: Rainbow Royal Aero - Hot Air Balloon Model - Features Hand-Knotted Netting and Rattan Basket - Authentic Models AP163E (Kitchen)
The item arrived packaged simply in a box with shaped styrofoam to protect the balloon. A couple of the ties were tangled and some of the little sandbags were inside the basket, but both of those were easy fixes. The balloon hangs evenly and easily from the ceiling (I just used a standard hanging plant hook). It does not appear cheaply manufactured, and I could not find any flaws it in. It's perfect. :) The colors are as they appear on the screen. I might purchase two smaller ones ("Travels Light" by the same manufacturer) in the solid stripe varieties to complement this one. It's going in a gender-neutral nursery that is mostly grey/white with large accents of deep navy. The bright colors really help brighten the room and lend itself to the airy feel intended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Model, March 5, 2012
Bought this for a boy's nursery. This is a high quality model that arrived in great condition due to the careful packaging. I also bought a model Sopwith Camel. I highly recommend this company's products. I would consider them near museum quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice!, January 1, 2014
We purchased two of these balloons in two different colors to use on our O gauge train layout. The baloons are a bit large for O gauge trains which are roughly 1:48 scale, however they look great on the layout. I am guessing that the balloons are rougly 1:32 scale. We have them suspended over the circus area. These baloons are made very well, highly detailed, and very striking. The balloons are often the first thing that people notice when entering the train room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific looking balloon!, July 23, 2013
I was love this and even though I analyzed the measurements, this is bigger than I expected. I also bought the smaller size in green - and that one is smaller than i expected. These are for my toddler's room and they look great! Also, this is random, but the smaller one doesn't have the cute little sand bags hanging over the side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love, January 28, 2013
What a great gift. Beautiful detailing great gift. Solid balloon that wont deflate. The balloon had to be hung up it doesn't stay up on its own. It comes packaged very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for Nursery, October 29, 2013
This was larger and heavier than I expected. I can't drill a hook into my ceiling so I was planning on using Command Hooks in the nursery. Because of the weight, I will need to use 4 command hooks to distribute the weight. Otherwise, I've gotten alot of compliments on this when used as decor for a child's party.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Model, April 14, 2014
G'maT (Chattanooga, TN United States) - See all my reviews
The only thing lacking is a little pilot in the basket! Love the flag, the ballast bags hanging over the side and the detail of the netting. The colors are just as shown. It is a wonderful addition to a room with other items of this genre. The packaging was also done very well so it arrived in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best balloon model to be found!, December 17, 2014
C. Berte (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased the large blue/white balloon to use as a prop at our local Dickens Christmas Fair when discussing the ballooning with visitors. I was looking for a balloon model that resembled a Victorian hot air balloon and, after viewing many other models and manufacturers, chose this one, since there are no other models out there as detailed and beautiful as this one.

The Authentic Models replica is very well constructed and quite detailed -- it has hand-knotted netting over the balloon bag, a wicker basket complete with ballast bags, and a small pennant. It turned out to be a great conversation starter!

The balloon comes packed in a separate cardboard box that includes a custom styrofoam form that wraps around and protects the balloon while being stored. The balloon bag itself is rigid, with the basket suspended below it by ropes. (The balloon will not stand on its own and must be hung.) For display purposes, I purchased a wall-mounted Panacea 85014 Plant Bracket (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D1X1HO/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_17) which complements the balloon perfectly.

After the Christmas Fair ends, I plan to display this balloon at home and, perhaps, purchase another one (or two) smaller balloons to hang with it. (NOTE: The smaller balloons do not have the little ballast bags.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 30, 2014
I got it for my office and it looks great!

4.0 out of 5 stars True Red Royal Aero-Hot Air Balloon. model, May 11, 2014
The reason for the 4 stars is because theTrue Red does not apply to description is like and orange -red color
The hot air balloon model is beautiful. This was a gift and the person wanted red balloon. Other wise the hot
Balloon is excellent crafted.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›