5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sandals
Published on May 3, 2010 by R. Beemer

1.0 out of 5 stars I have always loved my rainbows but.............
Published 6 months ago by Robert P. Parks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sandals, May 3, 2010
Over the spring and summer these are my main footwear. If you have high arches, the double layer Rainbows are the only way to go. As far as hemp vs leather; the leather ones have a more comfortable sole while the hemp have a more comfortable strap. The hemp ones also don't last quite as long, but are more sustainable. I really am stuck between the two, so I just switch every time I need a new pair.

1.0 out of 5 stars I have always loved my rainbows but............., June 8, 2014
I have had several pairs of rainbow sandals that have held up for years and have been worn on an almost daily bases. They have all held up great! However, the hemp rainbows started falling apart after only wearing them for two hours around the house. The layer of hemp frabic glued to the top of the flip flop started to peel away from the sandal. I was surprided and very disappointed. I'm returning them for a traditional leather pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomeness, October 3, 2013
I have been wearing Rainbows for over 10 years. I always got the full leather flippy-floppies but it rains a lot in the summer here and my foot slides in them too much when they get wet. The hemp are perfect for wet conditions because they keep my foot stable, as well as being super comfortable. Couldn't be happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, like all my other rainbow sandals, April 18, 2013
This is my 3rd pair of Rainbow Sandals. It took 2 days of wearing them to break them in. Once broken in, they are extremely comfortable.

I will buy them again!

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm surprised that I prefer it over the leather version, July 10, 2014
I also have the leather version of the double rainbow (xxl), yet I am surprised that I like the feel of the hemp much better. No "sticking" to it, sweating, etc. It isn't rough like I thought it would be. My feet like it. So, I plan to make these my keepers for indoor sandals, and wear out the leathers outdoors. I like two sets of sandals, one indoor, one outdoor. So, when the leather wears out, I would plan to not get leather, but hemp for both outdoor and indoor. Yet, I don't expect my hemp indoor versions to wear out over the next three years. We will see.

Enjoy, Patrick David

5.0 out of 5 stars Rainbows are the best!, July 3, 2013
I ordered these to replace my much worn and much loved of the same item. I had my old pair for 2 solid summers, and wore them nearly every day, hiking, gardening, socially. Great shoes!

I Love the hemp, they are great as they don't get slippery if you are walking around in the rain or in the creek :-)

Also for women with wider feet- I reccomend the mens, I find the womens are too narrow for my feet, (I'm a womens 9, and the mens medium fit perfect)

They arrived quickly, and I'm very happy with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, March 21, 2011
Misken (Pacific Palisades, CA) - See all my reviews
Not much to say. These are great! I love the hemp as they absorb moisture and don't get as sweaty on hot days. This is my second pair of the EXACT same shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sandal!!, August 17, 2014
Great sandals! I've owned a few pairs of the hemp rainbows before but this is the first pair of the double padding. They are very comfortable. I wear a 10.5 so I ordered the XXL size 11-12, with the extra padding they seem to run a alittle small. But overall I'm very happy with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars the wise flip flopper prefers double stack, August 17, 2008
The uncomfortable breaking in period (about a week) is well worth it. Great arch support, hemp stays relatively dry even on 90+ degree days, and the pillowy double stack padding made me a believer. Very pleased.

3.0 out of 5 stars 2nd chance for Rainbow, August 30, 2014
Dick Danger (BILLINGS, MT United States) - See all my reviews
I was walking down the street in Waikiki when my trusty Reefs blew out. No problem I thought, I'll just make my way to one of the 17000 flip flop stores on the street and buy a new pair. I had never heard of Rainbow Sandals before, but the price was right and the colorful pattern in the sole kinda sorta matched the rainbow heart teddy bear t-shirt I was wearing from Zazzle. Long story short, I bought a pair of rubber Rainbows. An hour later my feet were bleeding and tossed them in the dumpster vowing to never buy Rainbows every again. Everyone told me I didn't give them enough time to break in. I say my feet bleed for no one and break in shmake in, they're flip flops, not heavy duty leather boots. As you can see, I fell short when it came to my vow. These double layer hemp sandals are a 1000% more comfy than the rubber ones I bought in Hawaii, but still less so than my Olukia sandals. Right now I have a hot spot on each foot and I'm hoping I can keep them from going all the way to blisters. If they do break in I think they might be ok, but I don't yet know if they're worth trouble. An update at some point in the future will be coming.

Rainbow Sandals Men's Double Layer Hemp Sandal