Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on November 5, 2007
i love these sandals and the price on amazon is amazing. i have owned 5 pairs of rainbows and this was my first pair of double stacks. they are even better than the regular rainbows now i have 3 pair. if you wear sandals on a daily basis as i do you will appreciate the extra cushion of the double stack. WARNING: the sandals have a break in which they are kinda of uncomfertable and very snug, this insures a great fit after the break in.
44 comments62 of 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2011
Well I've been wearing these for a week and I have scabs on both feet between my big toe and the piggy next to it. I'm in a bit of pain as we speak. I understand that break in time is necessary but this seems a bit extreme. They do smell pretty awful for the first week as the other poster noted, like hot glue. The material stains pretty easily which is a problem if your toes are bleeding (don't take these out for a long walk if you haven't broken them in yet).

On the other hand, they seem well built and have arch support. I'm also about a half inch taller in these than my other flops which isn't so bad. They also look nice and have a solid flip-flop noise, sounds like the door of an Aston Martin closing with every step.

I would love these if it weren't for the pain, though maybe my feet have just been made soft by this desk job.

Edit - After about two weeks they no longer hurt to wear. I plan on wearing these for at least the next summer. Just get a size bigger than you think you need, these are snug fitting flippy floppies.
33 comments24 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2015
Great sandals for the casual or seasonal wearer, but if you are a hardcore sandal wearer like myself, these will not last you. Everything about these sandals is great after the break in period, they are comfortable, supportive, and the leather gets nice and soft after a while. However, the durability of the sole is poor, and is not made to last.

As a disclaimer, I wear sandals more than the average person. I am a year round flip flop enthusiast. Rain or shine. And I have an epic year round sandal tan on my feet to prove it. There is very little that I won't do, and haven't done, in a pair of flip flops. As a result, I tend to be harder on my sandals than most people.

I purchased my first pair of rainbows from their website in August of 2014. I have worn them everyday since. With all the hype and claims of them lasting forever I was hoping I wouldn't have to purchase another pair for at least a few years years. I was wrong. It is now almost May of 2015, a mere 9 months later, and although the uppers are perfectly broken in with no problems, the soles of the sandals are almost completely worn through. On one side the sole near the heel is gone and the soft supportive foamy stuff is being eaten away. The support these sandals once had had been completely compromised and is causing my feet to ache. The thread on the sole is also totally worn making them hazardous and very slippery in in wet conditions.

For the price and all of rainbows claims and tall tales of "mileage plus", I am disappointed in these sandals. These are their flagship sandals, and the sole needs major improvement. I have had reef sandals that lasted a lot longer under the same conditions and cost the same.

I imagine these would be suitable for the casual or seasonal wearer, but if you are a 365 day/year wearer and do pretty much everything (barring the obvious) in a pair of flip flops, these are not for you. Check photos for details.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
33 comments36 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2012
The double layer sandals definitely have more support than the single layer. Better choice and definitely worth the extra few bucks. The "break in" time is about a week. It wasn't too bad the "break in" time as some of the other reviewers had said but after it molds to your feet, they are very comfortable and will only get better with time and usage. The straps were tight in the beginning. The size do run a bit small. I wear a size 9 men medium and ordered a medium (8.5 - 9.5) and it fits the length of my feet barely, but if I order the next size up, in the long run, it will look a bit too big. Like others said, if in doubt, order the next size up. The sandals are narrow and will be tight the first few times you wear them but will be worth it. Mine are so comfortable and I have been wearing them every time I step out the door. I walk my dog in them, run errands in time, go everywhere with them. I bought color grey and sierra brown. If you like the sierra brown color, I would suggest ordering the dark brown color because with wear and tear and footprints, the dark brown will not be as noticeable when it gets dirty as the sierra brown.
on May 19, 2008
I love my rainbow sandals! They are great; I've been wearing them for years now. When I ordered the wrong size, they were fast and efficient in getting me the correct size.

Great Seller!
0Comment14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2015
I normally wear 8.5 in women's dress shoes and 9 in women's sneakers. I think I have "wide" feet because I had ordered these in the women's large and they were definitely too small and narrow. I then ordered these in a men's medium and I'm really pleased with the fit. I like having a little bit of extra room in case I bump the sandal, my toe doesn't get hurt. I could also probably wear a small if I wanted a more form fit.
review image
22 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2008
bought these 5 years ago and it was time for a new pair. i went for the same exact color! not only are these comfy (the arch support is nice!), you can dress them up or down. typical summer prep wear. highly recommended over havaianas which are cheap and provide no arch support. only gets 4 stars because i have wide feet and there is a break in period which i forgot about. i know that sounds ridiculous for flip flops but i remember having this problem with my last pair and kept those for literally 5 years.
on July 10, 2013
I am really looking forward to wearing these sandals. Friends of mine have raved about them for years. They look to be constructed solidly and seem comfortable especially with the double layer which is what I ordered. OK pay attention here! If you are thinking about ordering these sandals they run SMALL so order the next size up from what you would normally wear. I have been wearing a mens 8.5-9 for twenty years and I ordered the Rainbow men's 8.5-9.5 and could barely get them on my feet and my heel was almost hanging off the back. I had to send them back for the 9.5-10.5 and it cost me an extra $6.50 for shipping to send them back. Please save yourself some headache and a few extra bucks from the lesson I learned the hard way. ORDER A SIZE BIGGER THAN YOU NORMALLY WEAR and enjoy your new Rainbows!
on April 15, 2013
I'm a lifeguard, and I'm on my feet ALL DAY. Rainbows definitely save my feet! This time around, I upgraded to the double layer. My last pair lasted 5 years, so I know I'll have these babies for a while. Wearing them in is definitely a pain (already have a blister), but it is SOOO worth it. Once they're worn in, they'll be your go-to shoe!
on December 7, 2014
Update jun/25/15

Just bought another pair and these fit a lot better I am very pleased with the Rainbow's I recieved from Fusion apparel, and will purchase from them in the future if possible.

It's my own fault for purchasing the sandals online knowing I couldn't try them on. I've purchased this size before In store and they fit fine though. I'm not going to say the sandals were fake but the tags looked altered and the rainbow imprint on the footbed looked a little wonky. I would not recommend purchasing high end sandals on the Internet.
review image review image review image review image