Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: X Large / 10.5-12 D(M) US|Color: Classic Tan Brown|Change

on November 5, 2007
i love these sandals and the price on amazon is amazing. i have owned 5 pairs of rainbows and this was my first pair of double stacks. they are even better than the regular rainbows now i have 3 pair. if you wear sandals on a daily basis as i do you will appreciate the extra cushion of the double stack. WARNING: the sandals have a break in which they are kinda of uncomfertable and very snug, this insures a great fit after the break in.
44 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2016
Rainbows are my favorite brand of flip-flops. Hands down. I have been buying them since college (10 years ago) and will keep buying them into the future. I am back in college, in grad school, and studying abroad this summer and ordered a new pair so I would be able to walk around comfortably this summer.

Whenever I get a new pair it takes a few days to break them in- so I encourage you to allow them time to mold to your foot. I got a blister, as I did with the last pair, from how the band rubs against the top of my foot. But - it quickly heals and the shoe becomes perfect, fits great, super comfortable.

This time I ordered double thickness, which is a few dollars more, I think it is worth the extra few dollars.

My dad gave me a pair of rubber Rainbows for Christmas this year. They are okay, super comfortable also, and will probably last longer, but I still like the leather ones better. The leather feels nicer against the skin.

They have a lifetime warranty if the strap breaks. But that is not really going to happen. Because the warranty is null and void if the bottom or top wears through first. I have never had a pair of flip flops from any decent brand where the strap broke before there was some noticeable wear.

I live in Florida- so we wear flip-flops a lot- it is part of our culture. I live in the panhandle- so we prefer to be barefoot- if I am outside of work, church, or 'the club' - and I have to wear shoes these are the ones I want to be wearing.

I have some friends who refuse to pay $50 for a pair of flip-flops. Obviously, I disagree. These shoes are a great value for the dollar.

I am reviewing these shoes in an effort to help other Amazon customers by relaying my experience with the product and providing any insight I garnered. I would really appreciate that if you found my review helpful, that you would please indicate so below by clicking the YES button below.
on June 8, 2015
I normally wear 8.5 in women's dress shoes and 9 in women's sneakers. I think I have "wide" feet because I had ordered these in the women's large and they were definitely too small and narrow. I then ordered these in a men's medium and I'm really pleased with the fit. I like having a little bit of extra room in case I bump the sandal, my toe doesn't get hurt. I could also probably wear a small if I wanted a more form fit.
review image
on August 26, 2011
Well I've been wearing these for a week and I have scabs on both feet between my big toe and the piggy next to it. I'm in a bit of pain as we speak. I understand that break in time is necessary but this seems a bit extreme. They do smell pretty awful for the first week as the other poster noted, like hot glue. The material stains pretty easily which is a problem if your toes are bleeding (don't take these out for a long walk if you haven't broken them in yet).

On the other hand, they seem well built and have arch support. I'm also about a half inch taller in these than my other flops which isn't so bad. They also look nice and have a solid flip-flop noise, sounds like the door of an Aston Martin closing with every step.

I would love these if it weren't for the pain, though maybe my feet have just been made soft by this desk job.

Edit - After about two weeks they no longer hurt to wear. I plan on wearing these for at least the next summer. Just get a size bigger than you think you need, these are snug fitting flippy floppies.
44 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2013
I got these sandals from Amazon on Friday April 12 2013. I live in Florida and am retired. I spend a lot of time at the beach and around boats and I wear flip flops almost exclusively. Before I ordered I looked at the reviews (just as you are doing now) and almost all of them said that there was a "break in period of approximately two weeks". I ordered anyway thinking that no pair of flip flops could possibly take two weeks to "break in". When I got them I couldn't put them on because the fit was so tight around the toes and the thickness of my feet. I called their customer service and the kid said put some water bottles through the straps so I did. Every day I would put them on and painfully, very painfully walk around for a few minutes. It was so bad I even bruised the area of my left big toe and the next one where the thong went, yikes!

Yesterday, Saturday April 27, 2013, nirvana!! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! I put them on and it was like magic. All the crap that I had put up with for two weeks seemed to go away overnight. They fit and feel like a glove, no exageration. Years ago a friend of mine turned me on to this brand saying that they were the best and his pair at that time was as old as his 16 year old daughter and they were still perfect. When I needed another pair of flip flops I called him because I couldn't remember the brand. I'm glad that I did. I wore them all day yesterday and so far all of today.

I go through flip flops like you wouldn't believe. I've had two pairs of Speedo flip flops for several years but they stretched too much and the thong pulled out and no amount of glue fixed them for very long. The warranty on these bad boys is better than anyone else's because everybody else doesb;r offer a warranty at all that I can find.

Bottom line: If you buy them you are going to hate yourself for about two weeks and after that, BLISS!!! The cushion conforms to your feet and that is part of the glove like fit. It's like the old days of buying stiff as a board blue jeans that took a while for them to fade and become not only wearable but comfortable. If you buy these you won't be disappointed.
on April 24, 2015
Great sandals for the casual or seasonal wearer, but if you are a hardcore sandal wearer like myself, these will not last you. Everything about these sandals is great after the break in period, they are comfortable, supportive, and the leather gets nice and soft after a while. However, the durability of the sole is poor, and is not made to last.

As a disclaimer, I wear sandals more than the average person. I am a year round flip flop enthusiast. Rain or shine. And I have an epic year round sandal tan on my feet to prove it. There is very little that I won't do, and haven't done, in a pair of flip flops. As a result, I tend to be harder on my sandals than most people.

I purchased my first pair of rainbows from their website in August of 2014. I have worn them everyday since. With all the hype and claims of them lasting forever I was hoping I wouldn't have to purchase another pair for at least a few years years. I was wrong. It is now almost May of 2015, a mere 9 months later, and although the uppers are perfectly broken in with no problems, the soles of the sandals are almost completely worn through. On one side the sole near the heel is gone and the soft supportive foamy stuff is being eaten away. The support these sandals once had had been completely compromised and is causing my feet to ache. The thread on the sole is also totally worn making them hazardous and very slippery in in wet conditions.

For the price and all of rainbows claims and tall tales of "mileage plus", I am disappointed in these sandals. These are their flagship sandals, and the sole needs major improvement. I have had reef sandals that lasted a lot longer under the same conditions and cost the same.

I imagine these would be suitable for the casual or seasonal wearer, but if you are a 365 day/year wearer and do pretty much everything (barring the obvious) in a pair of flip flops, these are not for you. Check photos for details.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
66 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2015
I used some single layer Rainbows for years and LOVED them. Then I found the double layer... It may depend on your arches, but I find these so much more comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.

A few things for those new to Rainbows:
- They may be uncomfortable at first. They will become your favorite sandal.
- The heel area will compress after wearing it for a bit, which will take away a the slight forward "tilting" feeling.
- They have a great warranty (https://www.rainbowsandals.com/customer-service/rainbow-(lifetime)-guarantee)
on August 5, 2012
The double layer sandals definitely have more support than the single layer. Better choice and definitely worth the extra few bucks. The "break in" time is about a week. It wasn't too bad the "break in" time as some of the other reviewers had said but after it molds to your feet, they are very comfortable and will only get better with time and usage. The straps were tight in the beginning. The size do run a bit small. I wear a size 9 men medium and ordered a medium (8.5 - 9.5) and it fits the length of my feet barely, but if I order the next size up, in the long run, it will look a bit too big. Like others said, if in doubt, order the next size up. The sandals are narrow and will be tight the first few times you wear them but will be worth it. Mine are so comfortable and I have been wearing them every time I step out the door. I walk my dog in them, run errands in time, go everywhere with them. I bought color grey and sierra brown. If you like the sierra brown color, I would suggest ordering the dark brown color because with wear and tear and footprints, the dark brown will not be as noticeable when it gets dirty as the sierra brown.
on March 29, 2016
These are great sandals once you get through the break-in period. I got them as a gift and thought, uhh, this are the most painful gift I have ever received. Do not buy these just before going on a relaxing vacation. You will want AT LEAST 2-4 weeks to allow for breaking them in and your feet healing from the sores. They are very comfortable from then on, and feel like a luxury sandal. 4 out of 5 stars as the breaking period is rough.
on December 7, 2014
Update jun/25/15

Just bought another pair and these fit a lot better I am very pleased with the Rainbow's I recieved from Fusion apparel, and will purchase from them in the future if possible.

It's my own fault for purchasing the sandals online knowing I couldn't try them on. I've purchased this size before In store and they fit fine though. I'm not going to say the sandals were fake but the tags looked altered and the rainbow imprint on the footbed looked a little wonky. I would not recommend purchasing high end sandals on the Internet.
review image review image review image review image