Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Size: Medium / 8.5-9.5 D(M) US|Color: Classic Tan Brown|Change

on November 5, 2007
i love these sandals and the price on amazon is amazing. i have owned 5 pairs of rainbows and this was my first pair of double stacks. they are even better than the regular rainbows now i have 3 pair. if you wear sandals on a daily basis as i do you will appreciate the extra cushion of the double stack. WARNING: the sandals have a break in which they are kinda of uncomfertable and very snug, this insures a great fit after the break in.
44 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2015
I normally wear 8.5 in women's dress shoes and 9 in women's sneakers. I think I have "wide" feet because I had ordered these in the women's large and they were definitely too small and narrow. I then ordered these in a men's medium and I'm really pleased with the fit. I like having a little bit of extra room in case I bump the sandal, my toe doesn't get hurt. I could also probably wear a small if I wanted a more form fit.
review image
on August 26, 2011
Well I've been wearing these for a week and I have scabs on both feet between my big toe and the piggy next to it. I'm in a bit of pain as we speak. I understand that break in time is necessary but this seems a bit extreme. They do smell pretty awful for the first week as the other poster noted, like hot glue. The material stains pretty easily which is a problem if your toes are bleeding (don't take these out for a long walk if you haven't broken them in yet).

On the other hand, they seem well built and have arch support. I'm also about a half inch taller in these than my other flops which isn't so bad. They also look nice and have a solid flip-flop noise, sounds like the door of an Aston Martin closing with every step.

I would love these if it weren't for the pain, though maybe my feet have just been made soft by this desk job.

Edit - After about two weeks they no longer hurt to wear. I plan on wearing these for at least the next summer. Just get a size bigger than you think you need, these are snug fitting flippy floppies.
33 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2015
Great sandals for the casual or seasonal wearer, but if you are a hardcore sandal wearer like myself, these will not last you. Everything about these sandals is great after the break in period, they are comfortable, supportive, and the leather gets nice and soft after a while. However, the durability of the sole is poor, and is not made to last.

As a disclaimer, I wear sandals more than the average person. I am a year round flip flop enthusiast. Rain or shine. And I have an epic year round sandal tan on my feet to prove it. There is very little that I won't do, and haven't done, in a pair of flip flops. As a result, I tend to be harder on my sandals than most people.

I purchased my first pair of rainbows from their website in August of 2014. I have worn them everyday since. With all the hype and claims of them lasting forever I was hoping I wouldn't have to purchase another pair for at least a few years years. I was wrong. It is now almost May of 2015, a mere 9 months later, and although the uppers are perfectly broken in with no problems, the soles of the sandals are almost completely worn through. On one side the sole near the heel is gone and the soft supportive foamy stuff is being eaten away. The support these sandals once had had been completely compromised and is causing my feet to ache. The thread on the sole is also totally worn making them hazardous and very slippery in in wet conditions.

For the price and all of rainbows claims and tall tales of "mileage plus", I am disappointed in these sandals. These are their flagship sandals, and the sole needs major improvement. I have had reef sandals that lasted a lot longer under the same conditions and cost the same.

I imagine these would be suitable for the casual or seasonal wearer, but if you are a 365 day/year wearer and do pretty much everything (barring the obvious) in a pair of flip flops, these are not for you. Check photos for details.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
55 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2012
The double layer sandals definitely have more support than the single layer. Better choice and definitely worth the extra few bucks. The "break in" time is about a week. It wasn't too bad the "break in" time as some of the other reviewers had said but after it molds to your feet, they are very comfortable and will only get better with time and usage. The straps were tight in the beginning. The size do run a bit small. I wear a size 9 men medium and ordered a medium (8.5 - 9.5) and it fits the length of my feet barely, but if I order the next size up, in the long run, it will look a bit too big. Like others said, if in doubt, order the next size up. The sandals are narrow and will be tight the first few times you wear them but will be worth it. Mine are so comfortable and I have been wearing them every time I step out the door. I walk my dog in them, run errands in time, go everywhere with them. I bought color grey and sierra brown. If you like the sierra brown color, I would suggest ordering the dark brown color because with wear and tear and footprints, the dark brown will not be as noticeable when it gets dirty as the sierra brown.
on April 27, 2016
Rainbows are my favorite brand of flip-flops. Hands down. I have been buying them since college (10 years ago) and will keep buying them into the future. I am back in college, in grad school, and studying abroad this summer and ordered a new pair so I would be able to walk around comfortably this summer.

Whenever I get a new pair it takes a few days to break them in- so I encourage you to allow them time to mold to your foot. I got a blister, as I did with the last pair, from how the band rubs against the top of my foot. But - it quickly heals and the shoe becomes perfect, fits great, super comfortable.

This time I ordered double thickness, which is a few dollars more, I think it is worth the extra few dollars.

My dad gave me a pair of rubber Rainbows for Christmas this year. They are okay, super comfortable also, and will probably last longer, but I still like the leather ones better. The leather feels nicer against the skin.

They have a lifetime warranty if the strap breaks. But that is not really going to happen. Because the warranty is null and void if the bottom or top wears through first. I have never had a pair of flip flops from any decent brand where the strap broke before there was some noticeable wear.

I live in Florida- so we wear flip-flops a lot- it is part of our culture. I live in the panhandle- so we prefer to be barefoot- if I am outside of work, church, or 'the club' - and I have to wear shoes these are the ones I want to be wearing.

I have some friends who refuse to pay $50 for a pair of flip-flops. Obviously, I disagree. These shoes are a great value for the dollar.

I am reviewing these shoes in an effort to help other Amazon customers by relaying my experience with the product and providing any insight I garnered. I would really appreciate that if you found my review helpful, that you would please indicate so below by clicking the YES button below.
on April 17, 2016
I have always loved these sandals, but even more so now that I can get them on sale. I never find them on sale at all in stores, and I live in a small town where I have to drive an hour to even get to a city that carries these, so free, fast shipping, plus a cheaper price is great! Plus, I love that Rainbow has an excellent warranty. I had a pair that the strap broke, and I sent them back to them and they completely fixed the shoe! They were like ten years old and I still have them now, still going strong!

I love the double arch, and would recommend it to anyone with high arches. If you have a flatter foot, you should try the regular rainbows, as the double layer is really for people with higher arches. These are the most supportive flip flops I have ever owned. I love the gray color as well. Can be dressed up or dressed down. You can pull these off with khakis or dress slacks because they look so nice. They also age well, and when you get them dirty it darkens the gray, but it still looks really nice. The leather is kind of like a soft, brushed look; it's not shiny. as you wear them and the oils in your skin rub off, they do get darker, so don't expect them to stay this way forever. They still look great, though!

I try to write helpful reviews for my fellow amazon shoppers, so if you found this review helpful, give me a click on the helpful button! :)
on July 25, 2015
I love Rainbow's sandals! This is my second pair from them--my first was a pair of the double layer hemp sandals. Both have been uber comfortable and more supportive than any other sandal on the market. Period!

For years, I struggled with terrible heel spurs/plantar fasciitis that forced me to wear nothing but shoes, despite living in warm California weather. A friend mentioned these to me, and after a few weeks of break-in, he was right. No foot pain at all. And that same feeling carries over to all of Rainbow's double layer products.

These particular sandals don't have the same break-in period that my hemp pair did, but the right strap is very tight across my forefoot. But I'm thinking that is more due to my asymmetrical shape than the sandals themselves.
on February 3, 2016
Ok. I do not write comments at all, though I buy stuff from this addicting web site all the time. But, I am so impressed with these I feel the need to share my experience: I am not endorsed or sponsored by Rainbow (but I should be their tester). I am thankful to live on the beach, where the Temperature doesn't get below 75 or over 85, almost year round. I have been wearing flip flops, all day, everyday, even at work, standing all day, for the last 9 years (casual wearer prior). I don't think flip flops are made for a person like me, but more for the casual, summertime wearer. So I have gone through a good amount of flip flops, and almost every brand out there, from the $25-$200 brands. I hike in them, swim with them, bike, climb, work, etc. Over time most of them break, de-lam, wear too fast, or just stink really bad. Some of the more reputable surf brand flips in the $150 range can make your feet stank in less than a week (and I have everyone saying that), not to mention why would you open a bottle, with the bottom of your shoe, when you know that's gonna touch your lips (would you lick the bottom of your shoe?). Ive been rocking a name brand synthetic flip flop for years, because of durability, comfort, arch and zero foot stink. Ive had friends for years tell me about rainbows, but I was reluctant because of the leather, I was SURE that would lead to some stink, and when it got wet it would be slippery. So I bought the double layer, delivered fast, slipped my foot in, and it was magic. No breaking in period. Right to comfort. 7 months later: STILL my most favorite flip I have ever owned. Now they are molded to my feet, give me the arch support I need (since I don't wear shoes), never a feet funk, and when they get wet they stay on nicely. (I bought the hemp ones too, but from personal experience, and my friends: they are awesome comfortable, but if they get wet, the weave harbors bacteria and they bring the funk. Stick with the Double layer leather. F'N Amazing. And I believe they are guaranteed for life? Have not tried that yet, nor even know if I ever will have too. Worth every penny. The whole family has them now.
on May 19, 2008
I love my rainbow sandals! They are great; I've been wearing them for years now. When I ordered the wrong size, they were fast and efficient in getting me the correct size.

Great Seller!