4.0 out of 5 stars Best Flip flops IF you let them be
Published on September 10, 2011 by wimmerking

3.0 out of 5 stars Rainbow
Loved my old pair of Rainbows. No brainer buying these. Not the best pair I've ever warn. Leather is stiff out of the box. Designed fairly narrow for me. My wide feet took a bit longer to get that perfect fit.
Published 20 months ago by Christopher Sipe

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Flip flops IF you let them be, September 10, 2011
I would rate these 5 stars. But, because if their one downside Ill leave it at 4. These CAN be the most comfortable longest lasting flip flops you own. but there is a break in period. it usually lasts about 1 to 2 weeks. this usually scares most people and i feel that it is where most of the negative reviews come from. During this time expect the nylon webbing between your toes to be horribly uncomfortable and if you have larger/wider feet the straps to be too tight around your foot. but with time they will stretch and the footbed will form to your feet like no other sandal. This pair is my second pair. the first pair that i had lasted me over 6 years before i lost them. and this most recent pair is just beginning to be comfortable. soooo if you can put up with a week or 2 of pain, you can have some comfortable sandals to last years. but if not, there are many nice sandals (my other favorites are sanuks) that are comfortable right out of the box at a comparable price point. buttt, they just wont last as long. For some, they may not be worth the wait, and i understand. but all my friends who have tried them and stuck it out have loved them and i really think you would too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rainbow Sandals, July 3, 2007
I ordered a pair of mens Rainbows for my son. They seem to fit true to size. He wears a 10 1/2 Mens shoe and the Large fit him fine. They should fit a little snug in the beginning. Being leather they will soon mold to fit your foot. He loves them and says they are the best flip flops he has ever worn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality Sandals, August 29, 2012
This review is from: Rainbow Sandals Men's Premium Leather Single Layer Sandal (Apparel)
Before I begin, let me say that before I pulled the trigger on these I was very skeptical about paying $45 (the price when I bought mine) for a pair of flip flops. I'm guessing that if you're combing through reviews, you may be feeling the same way. Here's what I've found after paying the $45:

Bad: As many other reviews have noted, there is a break-in time for these sandals, which is about 1-2 weeks depending upon how long you wear the sandals per day. I have pretty wide feet and the strap was tight across the top and both sides of my feet, but it never caused blistering or anything worse than the feeling of the strap being too tight. Also realize that any flip flop that is better quality than the Old Navy plastic ones will have this period of break-in, with possibly the exception of Sanuks. I have previously owned Reef smoothy sandals and leather smoothy sandals and both pair had a similar time of break-in.

Good: I have been completely satisfied with these sandals, and they are worth the price. As stated above, I have previously owned 2 pairs of Reefs, which were both slightly cheaper than the Rainbows. The first one was a smoothy sandal which was nice, for a while. I have very sweaty feet and my sweat would cause a black foamy substance (from contact with the smoothy plantar surface) to form between my fourth and pinky toes. I have no idea why this happened. They also wreaked after about 6 months. I discovered, however, that leather surfaces do not produce the smell nor do they hold sweat so I decided my next pair would be leather, again Reefs. That pair was about $5 less than Rainbows, but they were complete trash. In about 3 months the leather from the plantar surface of the sandal began pulling away from the sole of the flip flop. It looked horrible and the separation became so bad that the sole of the sandal would hang down and catch curbs or stairs. So I tossed them and purchased these.

I have had these Rainbows for about 2 years. They literally look just as good as the day I got them, except that they are wider now (from breaking them in) and there has been some wearing away of the tread on the sole of the sandal. There is NO separation of the leather from the sole, even after getting them wet several times. The arch support is great and hasn't fallen. I love these flip flops and I wish I had saved my money and purchased these the first time. If you're debating between high quality flip flops, especially if you're looking at Reefs, please purchase these. The quality of the Reefs has plummeted, but these seem quite reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like having memory foam for your feet!, March 27, 2012
The first couple of weeks wearing these may feel a bit uncomfortable or even painful, but you really just need sit through it. The special thing that brought me to buy these sandals is that over time they'll break in and conform to your feet - it's like having memory foam for your feet! After that you'll realize why this is one of the most popular brand of sandals out there. They're extremely comfortable - comfortable enough to spend the entire day in. Don't let the seemingly high price fool you, these reign over any cheap pair of sandals by a landslide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Da BEST Flip Flops, January 15, 2007
After 18 years, my husband finally let go of his Rainbow Flip Flops bought in 1989. Granted the past two summers of wearing them has been an act of love on his part but, they were his favorites and though slightly cracked from lying in the sun....he could still wear them. He was like a kid with a toy when he received his new pair for Christmas...and though the logo was different, the name was the same and the quality appeared to be the same, as well. When he bought his one and only orignal pair in 1989...we gasped at the price since it was higher than the drug store brands...but, they are worth every penny...no gasps needed...they last almost forever...made extremely well...comfortable, handsome leather...we're fans!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pefect pair of sandals, August 17, 2010
I can't love these sandals any more.

This would be my third pair in 12 years.

I take them everywhere.

There is a week break in time, maybe you'll get a blister...it's okay.

I've heard if you wear them in the shower once and then wear them around the house it really helps breaking the leather in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect flip flops, February 7, 2012
These flip flops are tight at first, then mold to your feet for a custom fit. They are perfectly padded and really comfortable after a day or so just wearing them around the house. They look good; not fancy, but not "ratty" at all. They are just cool, casual flip flops that make you feel like you're barefoot. I research stuff for a long time before I ever buy, and I'm very happy with these (I got the dark brown)

I'm in my 20's and a very active person and wear them in all sorts of places: beach, climbing, touring, I have even biked in them. If you are a dude, looking for a pair of flip flops, buy these and stop looking.

Also, you can't beat their warranty (if anything breaks before you wear through a layer of the shoe, they replace them <-- might double check that before you buy, but that's what the tag said on mine).

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me a believer!, June 11, 2012
I love these sandals! I wear a 9.5 men's and have pretty wide and super flat feet which makings finding footwear difficult. This review is for anyone who is on the fence about whether to buy them or not. Given some of the reviews I read, I was pretty nervous about them fitting right/breaking in, etc. but ordered the size M sandals anyway. As many have said there is a definite break-in period...no joke, especially with wider feet. Initially, I could barely get them on let alone wear them because they were so tight and the nylon strap was terribly uncomfortable on my toes. It took me a solid 2 weeks of really powering through it and they now fit my feet like a glove! Not to mention, they provide ample support and comfort if you have foot troubles (in my case flat feet). I find them more comfortable than even my tennis shoes with orthotics!

I recommend this sandals 100%. They will be the best sandals you ever own. My only recommendation is be patient with them and don't plan on wearing them to an all day concert or something like that the day you get them. Now, I wear them everywhere and am never going back!

4.0 out of 5 stars Rainbows, July 24, 2011
These are good sandals and I really like the look. I'm still breaking them in (that takes quite awhile), but I like them so far. Heed all advice that says to break them in slowly! I didn't and my feet paid for it. Now that I've gotten them to mold to my feet, they're comfortable. I've walked several miles at a time in them and haven't had problems. Try them and see what you think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly awesome sandals., September 2, 2010
The break in period is a little uncomfortable but after a week or two these sandals are amazingly comfy. I wear them everywhere and my feet never complain. Delivery was quick and the whole purchase process was easy and painless. I highly recommend these sandals for anyone seeking the best sandals around.

Rainbow Sandals Men's Premium Leather Single Layer Sandal