4.0 out of 5 stars watch the sizing
These sandals take some major breaking in, but hopefully will be worth it. Also the sizes run pretty large. An extra large is supposed to be 8.5 to 9.5 but its probably as large as a ten
Published on May 11, 2011 by Shannon M. Mcgraw

Published 7 months ago by Scott

4.0 out of 5 stars watch the sizing, May 11, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars SO happy with size, April 30, 2013
I used to own a pair of the wide-strap rainbows back in college. I thought they were pretty comfortable, but was always annoyed at how big they were for my foot. I normally wear a size 9 and thus ordered an XL (8.5-9.5). The straps fit fine, albeit a little on the loose side but I must have had 2 inches of extra sole sticking out behind my foot. When I recently decided to buy again I read the reviews of similar complaints that they run big and ordered a L (7.5-8.5) accordingly. This size fits SO MUCH BETTER. The base of the shoe aligns much better with my foot and the straps are much more snug/secure. They fit well enough that if I pick my foot off the ground the flipflop doesn't just slide off my foot. Can't wait to wear these around this spring/summer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Sandals, March 6, 2008
A little stiff at first but now they're nice and broken in. Super comfy, super light, super stylish; I'd buy them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars best flip flops, May 21, 2013
When you first get them they will seem tight, but they need to be broken into. give it a week and you will seed how they form to your feet. try not to get them wet because they leather will wrinkle.

5.0 out of 5 stars rainbow narrow sandals, December 12, 2008
The white rainbows are very clean looking and matches with anything casual! it does get dirty pretty quickly, but I just wipe it down after a day's worth of walking. Also, it's very very tight and painful the first two days and then the sandals start forming into the shape of your feet so it's extremely comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars If this is your first pair..., July 15, 2014
Katy E. (So. Cal, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rainbow Sandals Women's 2 Tone Leather Single Layer Narrow Strap (Apparel)
I have worn rainbows for over 15 years now. They are my favorite flip flops ever! Great arch support and durable enough to fit the price tag. The company stands by their strap if it ever pulls out they will replace them. I have a pair I am going on 14 years with and I have finally began to wear through the toe and heel. I'm getting sad thinking I will have to break in a new pair. IF YOU HAVE NEVER OWNED A PAIR BEFORE, JUST KNOW THAT THE STRAP WILL BE TIGHT AND MAY SEEM LIKE THEY ARE TOO SMALL UNTIL YOU BREAK THEM IN, BUT ONCE YOU DO YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT THE PERFECT FIT! I prefer the single arch to the double, which I find the double harder to break in and much heavier!

5.0 out of 5 stars I ordered a small initially because the reviews say they ..., September 19, 2014
I ordered a small initially because the reviews say they run large, and the Rainbow website's size chart said the small was 9.5 inches in length....which would have fit my 7.5/8 foot perfectly. Perhaps just the thin strap sandals run small, but I had to send them back for a medium which fits perfectly! With the proper size I didn't have any issues breaking them in. I'd say if you're a size 7 or smaller, order a small. Size 7.5 -8.5 order a medium, larger than that, order a large.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rainbows are over the rainbow!, September 19, 2013
Best flip flops you an buy, in my book! This is my second pair but I completely wore the other ones out in about a 2-3 year period! Beats any other flip flop!

1.0 out of 5 stars What I received is NOT what is pictured, probably fake Rainbows, April 29, 2014
See the pictures I uploaded under "Customer Images." The color is one thing, but the sandals I received were NOT leather. They felt like stiff rubber. We bought another pair from a local store and compared and the difference is night and day. The real ones from the local store were much softer, smoother. The (I'm assuming fake) Rainbow ones have this small, poorly stamped logo on them was you can see in the photos. I looked all over Rainbow's website and cannot find anything like the sandals we received. Completely ripped off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, December 13, 2013
Love these flip-flops. My friend had a pair for years and I happen to try them on, it was love from first step!~ Had to have them, but didn’t realize what brand they are or how expensive they are compare to just regular good old flop flops. They don’t look anything fancy. However, I live in FL so decided it’s worth the investment. The best price was on Amazon, when the product came in one flip flop was larger than the other?! I had to return them and bought a pair at Nordstrom instead. Very sturdy, very comfortable, love them! Would recomend them to anyone, but it might be good to resreach your seller or buy them at the store instead.

Rainbow Sandals Women's 2 Tone Leather Single Layer Narrow Strap