Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on June 10, 2011
I had purchased the single layer thick strapleather sandal 2 years ago, wore them pretty much every day all summer long (I was allowed to wear them to work), and just now, after 2 years, they started losing their padded support on the pressure points of my feet (heel and ball). They are a very well made sandal and super comfortable.

This time I went ahead and got the double layer thin strap leather sandal because I want that extra arch support and padding, and I hope they will last longer than 2 years. They had a minimal break in period - the straps were slightly snug and rubbed the inside of my feet a little raw the first time. After that they were fine. I remember when I first bought the thick strap sandals, they were instantly comfortable - - - no break in period.

I love how they quickly mold to your feet, and the footbed is smooth and soft leather. I prefer leather footbeds because they do not hold odors like synthetics do, and leather allows your feet to breathe.

I have taken many long walks in them already, and they are great at shock absorption and have a nice supportive arch.

The one semi-negative thing I can think of to say is that the sizing is difficult. I normally wear a size 7.5-8 in any shoe, but in the Rainbow Sandal sizing chart, I found the Large (7.5-8.5) to be 3/4" too large. I wish I would have ordered the next size down, although I really don't think it has affected the function of the sandal. Only looks slightly too big for my feet.
44 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2007
i couldn't understand why a pair of sandals would be so expensive, but now i know. they are the most comfortable pair of sandals i've ever worn and are totally worth the price. broke them in so fast. i wear them ALL the time and i'm about to get another pair in a different color. definitely recommend!
on March 27, 2015
Great price on rainbows! For those who have never worn rainbows before, it is important to know how they fit. I always get a medium and I wear an 8.5. The recommended size for me would actually be a large. However, a large leaves an extra inch around my foot. I like my flip flops to fit perfectly, so I opt for the medium and it fits my foot like a glove. Another important note... if you size down, they will be TIGHT when you first get them. But that is the magic of leather. There is a breaking in period. I wear them for short periods around the house first. You cannot wear them out for long periods of time because your feet may get ripped open. But the leather loosens quickly, and the flip flops starts molding to your foot. Ever since I found rainbow sandals over 7 years ago, I have not bought another brand since. They feel like clouds on my feet, and they last for a very, very long time.
on July 10, 2008
OW i read the reviews for this product and no one said how much they tear up your feet the first week of wear. i bought them because they are soposidly the best and took them on vacation on me to find after the first day my feet were torn up! after the 1 week period they feel like sneakers and the week of pain was definitly worth it.
on June 12, 2015
I finally bought a new pair after owning these flip flops for 12 years, so they hold up VERY well and mold to your feet perfectly. They can turn your feet brown if they get wet though. I did forget after purchasing the new ones that they definitely require some breaking in. The first time I wore them I got blisters along the straps. I've worn them probably 5-6 times total now and they are comfortable and not rubbing. I plan to wear them all weekend and think they should be sufficiently broken in by then. I have narrow feet so don't find the straps too tight.

Note: if you wear a size 7.5 to 8 (like me) would recommend the medium. My feet take up almost the whole shoe now, but after time (less than 12 years!) they flatten out and seem longer.

I was very excited to find the double sole Rainbows on Amazon- have looked for several years for a new pair and no shop I could find sells the double sole.
on June 13, 2014
I love Rainbow sandals! I ended up returning these because I overlooked the fact that they have a stacked sole and I prefer a flat sandal. Like my other Rainbow sandals, these were snug when I tried them on. So long as the length looks and feels right, know that these will stretch out as you break them in. I have a normal width foot and high arches which a makes them extra snug at the beginning, but after a couple wears they will begin to stretch out nicely. Plus the leather footbed gets softer and more smooth over time.
on January 21, 2016
My favorite flippy floppies. If you've ever bought rainbow sandals before, you know their sizing is off. I wear a womens 10 in sneakers, and a 9 in sandals. I bought the 7.5-8.5 size in these and they fit perfectly. The good thing about the narrow straps is that it takes less time to break them in.
on February 24, 2016
Im a 8.5 wide sometimes 9, ordered the large (listed sizes up to 8.5) and holy moley these are narrow! They fit in length perfect and will break in fine but ive never had to go up in flipflops to accommodate my semi-duck feet, the widest part of my foot (ball) slightly hangs over.. not enough for me to exchange but something that i would have like to known. Not sure if going up to an xl would have helped as everything else (straps length) fit
on February 21, 2016
I love rainbows they are the only flip flops I buy. I've had several pairs over the years and they last forever too. I have plantar facscitis and most of the comfy sandals I can wear are just ugly and orthopedic looking. The double layer sole is great, I can wear flip flops without pain!
on January 31, 2016
I love my Rainbows. They are always a little narrow feeling at first, but they stretch and form to my foot. When I lived in Florida I wore them every day, all day. Now that I am further north they are my spring/summer casual shoe. I switched from Reefs several years ago and will keep re-buying these. The only reason I have to re-buy at all is because my chihuahua loves them too!