Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 10, 2011
I had purchased the single layer thick strapleather sandal 2 years ago, wore them pretty much every day all summer long (I was allowed to wear them to work), and just now, after 2 years, they started losing their padded support on the pressure points of my feet (heel and ball). They are a very well made sandal and super comfortable.

This time I went ahead and got the double layer thin strap leather sandal because I want that extra arch support and padding, and I hope they will last longer than 2 years. They had a minimal break in period - the straps were slightly snug and rubbed the inside of my feet a little raw the first time. After that they were fine. I remember when I first bought the thick strap sandals, they were instantly comfortable - - - no break in period.

I love how they quickly mold to your feet, and the footbed is smooth and soft leather. I prefer leather footbeds because they do not hold odors like synthetics do, and leather allows your feet to breathe.

I have taken many long walks in them already, and they are great at shock absorption and have a nice supportive arch.

The one semi-negative thing I can think of to say is that the sizing is difficult. I normally wear a size 7.5-8 in any shoe, but in the Rainbow Sandal sizing chart, I found the Large (7.5-8.5) to be 3/4" too large. I wish I would have ordered the next size down, although I really don't think it has affected the function of the sandal. Only looks slightly too big for my feet.
44 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2007
i couldn't understand why a pair of sandals would be so expensive, but now i know. they are the most comfortable pair of sandals i've ever worn and are totally worth the price. broke them in so fast. i wear them ALL the time and i'm about to get another pair in a different color. definitely recommend!
on January 21, 2016
My favorite flippy floppies. If you've ever bought rainbow sandals before, you know their sizing is off. I wear a womens 10 in sneakers, and a 9 in sandals. I bought the 7.5-8.5 size in these and they fit perfectly. The good thing about the narrow straps is that it takes less time to break them in.
on July 10, 2008
OW i read the reviews for this product and no one said how much they tear up your feet the first week of wear. i bought them because they are soposidly the best and took them on vacation on me to find after the first day my feet were torn up! after the 1 week period they feel like sneakers and the week of pain was definitly worth it.
on March 19, 2015
Still breaking them in so hopefully in time the straps wont hurt anymore when wearing for more than just walking around the house. I wear a 6.5 in womens shoes. I ordered the Small (wide strap) but had to return them because my foot fit end to end and the arch support was in the wrong place. I returned them and ordered the narrow strap Mediums and they fit my 6.5 foot perfect. I would say if you're at the upper end of the suggested size, then go up to the next size for best fit.
The narrow strap are really cute! love the blue stripe at the bottom too. Love the look! hope they break in quickly.
on February 21, 2016
I love rainbows they are the only flip flops I buy. I've had several pairs over the years and they last forever too. I have plantar facscitis and most of the comfy sandals I can wear are just ugly and orthopedic looking. The double layer sole is great, I can wear flip flops without pain!
on June 13, 2014
I love Rainbow sandals! I ended up returning these because I overlooked the fact that they have a stacked sole and I prefer a flat sandal. Like my other Rainbow sandals, these were snug when I tried them on. So long as the length looks and feels right, know that these will stretch out as you break them in. I have a normal width foot and high arches which a makes them extra snug at the beginning, but after a couple wears they will begin to stretch out nicely. Plus the leather footbed gets softer and more smooth over time.
on March 30, 2016
These are my third pair of Rainbows. I decided I wanted to try the double layer sandals. Great cushion, great arch support, easy break-in time, but this particular model and style run a bit narrow. Once broken in, they feel like slippers. They are so comfortable! My pinky toe hangs over the edge a bit. Normally that would be a deal breaker for me, but the comfort of these sandals and quality of them outweigh my needing my pinky toe to be on the platform. Worth the money. You will not regret it!
on January 29, 2015
I love rainbows and was excited to buy these, but they keep giving me blisters because the straps are too tight.. I don't know if this is a malfunction of this particular pair or what but I never wear them :(
on August 6, 2015
THESE are beautiful flip flops! Really good support, I have a high arch and I needed to break them in for a couple of weeks before I could wear them all day but if you have an average or lower arch you won't need to do that... the strap is leather so there isn't much give but don't let that stop you! You can get mole skin and put it on, cut so that it cannot be seen if you're like me with a high arch. I LOVE these sandals and I would definitely buy them again!