Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rainbow Sandals Women's Single Layer Premier Sandal Sandal
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 29, 2014
See the pictures I uploaded under "Customer Images." The color is one thing, but the sandals I received were NOT leather. They felt like stiff rubber. We bought another pair from a local store and compared and the difference is night and day. The real ones from the local store were much softer, smoother. The (I'm assuming fake) Rainbow ones have this small, poorly stamped logo on them was you can see in the photos. I looked all over Rainbow's website and cannot find anything like the sandals we received. Completely ripped off.
review image review image
44 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2015
For the fit it's sort of hard to say it's about true.. I feel like maybe once it's broken in it would fit better. So I can't really say much on that yet. I'm between 6.5-7 and I got a medium. One of my biggest concerns upon placing this order was if they were authentic or not. Come to find out they are indeed authentic rainbows. Whoever posted about them being fake must have been a long time ago or something so.. I mean I think that comment should be deleted considering how many found it useful and gave it a thumbs up. I'm sure at one point that was a very accurate review... But somewhere after that it obviously changed... And it's the first top rated review you see. All in all these ARE REAL AUTHENTIC RAINBOWS. Due to the fact of my uncertainty I requested to cancel the order before it was even shipped and I had placed in other order on the actual rainbow sandal website then you got told by Amazon that I could not cancel my transaction and I would either have to refuse delivery when it came or I would have to return the pair sandals. I probably made things more complicated than I had to buy I would have been rather peeved if they were fake and I didn't want chance lucking out on like $50. Once I received both orders I took a quick peek at both of them the one from the rainbow website and the ones I ordered here on Amazon. The both look the same size the logos are the same they both are sturdy so ..... They're fine... Except that I just spent money on two . Had I not ordered the other ones I would have kept these plus I like this dark brown more than the lighter brown/sand color I ordered on rainbow.

Breaking in sucks. The part between your toes and where that "V" point where the straps meet is what hurts most. I started them off by wearing them in the shower and I want to say that really helped breaking them in right from the start due to the fact they are sooooo stiff the water seems to make it a little more flexible. Also heard single arch should be best for most. I heard about rainbows at work recently and about 8/12 employees wear them and those who do all own a pair of a single arch and 1/8 say single does nothing. But just goes to show how many ACTUALLY need a double arch; that's A HIGH ARCH. A single arch is pretty good and it's comfy. I would recommend getting single. The only way I'd say get double is... You know when you go to the beach you walk in the sand next to the water you see your foot print... If you see less of a foot print around your arch area I'd maybe say to get a double. I don't have flat feet but I have a normal decent arch and single is doing just fine and even better once I break these in. Probably not the most useful of review maybe confusing but hope it helps. Took pictures of the sandals and the ones I ordered on rainbows web. Mine are the lighter pair as I already mentioned. Shipping was pretty quick but still they could have Canceled the order since it wasn't being shipped for another 2-3 days when I had requested it <--that's why 4 star. Sort of peeved me. The ones I ordered from the rainbow website only took a couple days to get use to trying to break them in. I now have no problem wearing them day to day. I wear them at the beach and they are fine (:
review image review image review image review image review image
on April 7, 2016
NOT REAL! The arch support is in the wrong place. They are not at all leather. These are not real rainbow sandals and should be prince at $5. I compared them to my friends rainbows and it is extremely obvious. HUGE RIP-OFF AND WASTE OF MONEY! DO NOT BUY!!!!! If you want rainbows go to the actual website and order them from there. I have had them for one day and they are already breaking... super ugly and uncompfortable too. FOR THE SAME PRICE OF REAL RAINBOWS THESE ARE ABSOLUTLY 100% TERRIBLE.
on May 11, 2011
These sandals take some major breaking in, but hopefully will be worth it. Also the sizes run pretty large. An extra large is supposed to be 8.5 to 9.5 but its probably as large as a ten
on February 26, 2015
I got a pair of large Rainbows as a gift last year and at first, didn't like them at all because of how long they took to break in. I brought them on a vacation with me brand new as my only sandals, and was miserable the entire time having to endure multiple blisters and foot pain. But after I got back and finally broke them in, I wore them the entire summer.
They're incredibly comfortable and definitely mold to your foot over time, but my only regret is that I didn't buy the medium because the larges I received were about a quarter inch too big for my size 7.5 feet. I just bought another pair in medium, the Sierra brown this time, and am now in the process of breaking them in but as far as fitting my foot, they're perfect! Highly recommend; a durable, comfortable, long-lasting leather sandal that you won't regret purchasing.
on March 6, 2008
A little stiff at first but now they're nice and broken in. Super comfy, super light, super stylish; I'd buy them again.
on May 14, 2014
Rainbow makes great sandals. My latest pair are going on two years now. So don't fret at the price if you've never owned these before. They take a while to break in and will feel a bit rigid until you do. Here's a secret: get them wet when you first own them and walk around in them. This helps break them in a bit. Once they break in, they form to the shape of your foot. The one thing I've noticed is the sizing is just a tad small. I wear a size 9.5 shoe in most brands and wear a large (9.5-10.5) in Rainbows and they fit perfectly. I could probably stand to go a size larger and until the broke in, they were almost too small.
on May 21, 2013
When you first get them they will seem tight, but they need to be broken into. give it a week and you will seed how they form to your feet. try not to get them wet because they leather will wrinkle.
on February 29, 2016
Ive had rainbows forever and took a chance buying them here versus at Nordstroms. They are actually comfortable and ok for knock offs. These were advertised as real/genuine rainbows but ARE NOT. Wouldn't have returned them if they were $10 versus the $50 that rainbows retail for.
on July 26, 2016
This is my 4th pair of Rainbow sandals. They are perfect in size, and, as always, give excellent arch support and all day wearable comfort. The only problem with this order was that the description on Amazon stated that they are the premier leather finish (a more matte, soft leather) and they arrived as the classic leather (a more hearty, shiny looking finish of the leather). Not a terrible thing, but if you're paying $50 for a pair of flip flops, you want what the description says and receive what you order. They are a fine looking sandal, don't get me wrong, but I thought I was getting the premier leather (hence, the 4-star in lieu of the 5-star rating.)

I contacted Island Surf, and they replied with "Unfortunately, as this is an Amazon.com order and fulfilled by Amazon, we are unable to process any issues with this item." Amazon offered a refund. I don't want a refund, but simply an exchange for the item that I ordered. Will update with any info. that comes along.
review image review image