4.0 out of 5 stars Love these!
Published on March 20, 2012 by Terra

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but the fit wasn't great
Published on June 3, 2012 by Briana Chan

4.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, March 20, 2012
I love rainbow sandals but as a girl, I dont really enjoy the standard design with the really thick straps. Ive owned the this straps before and now that Ive found the braided design, Im in love! The only complaint I could come up with is that one of the sandals sends to twist a little at the base of the braid so I have to fix it every once in a while, but otherwise, very cute and of course, very comfortable. I love Rainbow sandals.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but the fit wasn't great, June 3, 2012
Briana Chan (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The look of these sandals are great, but heed others' reviews when they say that it's for narrow feet! I wouldn't say my feet are super wide, but I clearly had the wrong size (nerve pinching and blisters... not common for Rainbow sandals!). My feet barely had space on the sides, as in my feet dominated the sandal and much of the bottom couldn't be seen. By the way, I'm a 6 1/2, which is the border between small and medium.

I'm returning these for a different model or size. I had the standard model before this and had no issues with breaking them in. Love the brand, and wish these cute sandals came in a more wide version!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Always Reliable Rainbows, December 16, 2013
If you've ever had a pair of Rainbows before you know they take a little while to break in. That was definitely the case with these! I could barely squeeze my right foot in one but after a few wears they fit great and are really comfortable, so don't let the tight fit at first discourage you. Another thing you'll know if you've ever owned a pair of Rainbows is that they're extremely comfortable, it's like they mold to your feet. They also last forever! Every pair I've had has lasted several years. Living in Florida, I wear flip flops year round. These are my "nice" pair. I love the little braid. I highly recommend these!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sandal/ leather between the toes!, May 13, 2013
These Rainbow sandals are great. Fit is perfect: I wear a women's 8 1/2, and the L fits just fine. As with all Rainbows, these need some "breaking-in" time. Get them wet (rain or in the shower). Then, wear them around as they mold to your foot. Great arch support, and the leather thing between your toes (as opposed to the nylon found on other models) helps for us with sweaty feet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Size was a little large, May 29, 2014
I've had this problem with Rainbows before that I almost always buy a size down but I haven't bought them in a while (because let's face it, rainbows last so long) and I didn't listen to myself. I won't make that mistake again. If you're an 8, buy a size down unless you're a large 8.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hurts like hell, April 17, 2014
Be prepared for blisters and some serious breaking-in. I got a great deal on these sandals through Amazon Warehouse deals, but I am quickly regretting the decision to switch to the flirty braid. I have had my other thin strap Rainbow's forever and they are so comfortable and fit well - I can't believe the flirty braid was made by the same company. First, the braided side flips over, so it's constantly rubbing against the side of your foot (blister #1). I also feel that the sandal straps are too tight causing the other side to rub against the foot while walking (blister #2). I have tried to wear these twice since I got them months ago and I just can't do it. I don't know if I should give them away or throw them away.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, September 7, 2012
awesome. received it quickly. Make sure you break them in by getting them wet and then wearing them. It helps stretch the leather and make them more comfortable more quickly! they are meant to get wet!

4.0 out of 5 stars So Many Compliments, But Now Waiting for my Blisters to Heal, July 31, 2014
I already love the way these fit, and have gotten so many compliments from people. The only thing is that after wearing them in about 2 days to break them in, I did end up getting blisters on both feet where the straps rub. I knew going into buying these that previous reviewers mentioned this, and so it didn't come as a surprise. Not to mention my feet seem to blister with any and all new shoes. I will have to wait until these blisters heal to wear them again, but know these will be sandals that will be my go-to shoe the rest of the summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars cute and comfortable, August 16, 2013
I'm a size 7.5-8 and got a medium and after breaking it in it fits perfectly. These sandles definitely require a break in period but once you get there will be the most comfortable sandles you own. I've worn these with jeans, shorts, casual dresses, and formal dresses and it looks great with everything. When I went to Vegas and walked several miles on the strip I wore these sandles and didn't get any blister. People have told me that Rainbows last many years and I can now see why - these are the only sandles I will buy now. I also own these in black. It's important to invest in footwear, it'll be worth it in the long run. Very happy customer:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite sandals! Break them in by getting them wet!, July 11, 2014
This review is from: Rainbow Womens Flirty Braidy Single Layer Classic Leather Sandal (Apparel)
I live in my flirty braidy rainbows, and I've had them for about 2 years now. The trick to breaking them in is to get them wet and then wear them until they are dry. I just stood in them in a tub of warm water for about 10 minutes, dried them on my feet, and the breaking in process was practically done! I'm doing this with all of my rainbow sandals now. I love this style because it's so feminine and pretty. I have feet that are on the wider side, and I have no problem with this style.

Rainbow Womens Flirty Braidy Single Layer Classic Leather Sandal