Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

on February 27, 2011
My Rainbows just turned five. After five years of heavy use (living in Charleston allows me to wear them most months of the year), I will now retire them and purchase a new pair. These are the most comfortable and versatile flip flops on the market. They are perfect with jeans, shorts, dresses, and bathing suits, and sometimes I wear them with my suits in the summer months when in the office or walking around downtown Charleston. I do recommend purchasing a pair with the wide straps, and not to purchase a pair in the color black, for the dye will end up on kitchen floors as well as boats.
on March 29, 2015
These shoes came in record time, before the delivery date said they would arrive. They are clearly the real deal, with plenty of arch support and made of genuine leather (I can tell by the smell :D). However, I didn't read the other reviews so I didn't realize a couple of things. For one, they will feel VERY narrow then they arrive. You've GOT to give these shoes time to break in. Don't be like me and wear them to your 5 hour library clerk shift where you're walking around all day... My blisters were so painful I hobbled home to change shoes, even with band-aids on. The leather needs time to break down a little and soften before you can just wear them. It's now been about a week of breaking them in around the house and stuff, and I can tell the leather is getting soft, stretching, and taking the shape of my feet. They feel much less narrow, and they fit just right. They still rub a bit on the side of my foot, but I think after a little more wear, I won't have a problem with that anymore. Overall, they are very comfortable, have a nice earthy color, and look really good with my maxi skirts :) I don't think you'll be disappointed, as long as you give them a little time to break in and soften up!
on January 18, 2008
Not only are rainbows the best flip flops in the world but Amazon has the BEST price on them - even better than ordering directly from their supplier - no joke!!
on November 14, 2010
These are so incredibly narrow. I waited too long to return them so I ended up giving them away. I've heard now from another friend to buy mens Rainbows if your feet aren't narrow.
on July 20, 2015
I had Rainbows when I lived in Florida, but they stained my feet. I didn't properly wet them at first, but I also purchased them at a surf shop so maybe the quality was sub-par. Either way, I needed something comfortable and airy for walking to and from work during Boston summers - boat shoes were too hot and not comfortable all day, and I am not a fan of the sneakers & socks with skirts or dresses look. Like others have mentioned, these take some getting used to at first. I think it was about a week-and-a-half before I could wear these for long walks without rubbing on the insides from the straps. Now I can wear them all day and frequently find myself wearing them around my apartment like slippers because the hardwood floors get dirty so quickly and I hate the feeling of dust/crumbs on my feet. It also took about the same amount of time for the surface to get VERY dark in a perfect outline of my foot, but I knew that would happen and you can't see it when I'm wearing them. Hopefully it will deter thieves at the yoga studio :) These are the most comfortable sandals I've ever owned!
on May 13, 2013
I've heard from numerous of friends recommending Rainbow sandals because of their endurance and comfort. I needed a pair of enduring flip flops and I am sick of purchasing five, six pairs in one year.

I was a bit concerned with the size when I was trying to order it online because the sizing chart is very confusing. I normally wear a size 7.5, however, rainbow offers a 6.5-7.5 as a Normal and a 7.5-8.5 as a Large. I was debating on whether to purchase a narrow stripe or wide stripe pair. After reading through a lot of comments, I decided to order a Large and it proved to be a right decision.

The shipping was amazingly fast! I ordered them Friday night and they arrived on Monday morning!! I couldn't wait to open the package and tried them on.

The Sierra Brown color is really pretty. It is a light khaki color and the wide strips are really comfortable. However, the shoes a very narrow, so if your feet are kinda flat as mine, it is probably wise to order a men's small size. This pair is also a bit too large as well. I am not sure how I would fit in a Medium, but my 7.5 size feet is a bit small in the sandals. There's about 1.5 inch distance from the top of the shoe and my toes but I think it is not too big of a deal.

I am not planning to return them because overall I am happy with my purchase. However, I recommend those people with small feet to order a Big Kid size, I double checked online and a Big Kid's size 6 is approximately Women's size 7.5 and they are probably wider than this pair as well. They are also $10 cheaper as well.

Accordingly, I give a 4-star review for the flip flops and I can't wait to break them in and enjoy my summer with them :)
on April 25, 2012
Rainbow is such a great company!!!! I've worn flip flop sandals for years and never come across a brand as good as these! If you have ANY problems with them contact Rainbow. They are soooo helpful and courteous! I can't say enough! I've had three pairs. My husband wears them. My daughter had a pair that was getting really worn out after a few years of wear. They replaced them! How cool is that??? No hassle at all! I do recommend you know your size first. I personally prefer the wide straps. I first had the women's fine straps and they wore out a little more quickly. I am hard on shoes especially if I love them. This last pair I got was a men's small. I'm an 8.5 women's size street shoe, and this fits me PERFECTLY! Also, the womens' sizes are a bit narrower and my foot spilled over the sandal. The men's is a bit wider.
on January 8, 2016
Pretty sure I got knock offs. Either that or they are horrible quality, which I doubt Rainbow would produce. I've never owned a pair of Rainbows but my daughter has, and several people I know as well. Heck, just living in Orange County, you know what Rainbows look like right off the bat. First off, the thong is not even an inch and a half from the top edge of the sandal. Secondly, the tag is super long and sewn crooked and just looks weird. The part that says Rainbow The Original San Clemente is sewn on to where you can't even see the San Clemente, CA part. Very disappointed as I was really looking forward to getting these. They are definitely going back today.
review image review image review image
on May 9, 2016
These shoes were SUPER uncomfortable at first. Someone warned me about that though & told me to keep getting them wet before wearing, which worked like a charm- now that the toe strap has molded to my feet, they are the most comfortable shoes ever. Be prepared though that it will take a few painful days for them to get comfy.
on June 22, 2015
I was so excited when I received my rainbows. I tried them on, they were somewhat small and the strap was too tight! I don't know how I can stretch them out, I love the design and they are comfortable. Only problem is how somewhat small they are and how tight the strap is. Other then that, perfect thank you!
review image