Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on May 15, 2015
Okay for all you first time
buyers or anyone who is unsure of how to buy the right size, I am a native of San Clemente which is the home of Rainbow Sandals (lived in So Cal my whole life until a couple years ago *tear, tear*). I have worn Rainbows my entire life and I can tell you that these are the best sandals you can ever purchase and the most comfortable. And they last for a long time.

That being said, for the best and most
comfortable fit when selecting a band new Rainbow sandal you want to choose one that leaves no room at back of the sandal. Basically, a sandal that is almost exactly the same size/shape of your foot give or take a centimeter or 2 on the sides and don't worry about the tightness of the straps so much, if your feet don't quite get in all the way at first - these babies stretch out ALOT. When I first buy a pair, they are very tight and my feet do not quite fit in the straps and my heel might hang off the end just a little until they are worn in. To help wear them in faster, I will wear them to the beach or pool or whenever around water and walk in the water to loosen them up.

Once these babies are worn in, they are the best and most comfortable sandal in the world... If you get properly sized.

Ps. My favorite trick (see bottom right square in photo) to stretch out the straps is to put them on and use one foot to hold down the opposite sandal at the back and lift my heel up and over my toes so that the ball of my foot digs into the sandal. I do this standing or sitting every time I wear them until they are stretched out.

Also, the reason why one of my sandals in the picture is frayed a little is because my dog kind of got to it when she was a pup going threw her crazy "let's chew on everything including the cabinets phase". As you can see, the other is still in excellent condition.
Anyway, hope this helps some people.
review image
on September 18, 2013
The sandals are a great, cute casual flip-flop. They're definitely quality, so I'm hoping these will last longer than other, cheaper sandals.

I read that you have to break Rainbow sandals in, but I think these were harder to break in than most because of the braid. I have braid-patterned scars on my feet from the blisters I got before I took another reviewer's advice and wore them in the shower. It seemed like getting them wet caused the leather to expand, so then I just wore them around the house until they dried and I haven't gotten blisters from them since

tl;dr: Wear them in the shower to break them in or else you'll get major blisters. Otherwise, a great shoe
on July 12, 2013
I wanted to LOVE these. I really wanted to love these. The design is so cute, pretty much the cutest flip flop I've ever worn. I got my size, a size 10, had to return it immediately because they weren't wide enough. I ordered an 11...they're way too long, and the braided part is very painful. I know other reviews said they break in, but I've been tripping over the length. This was my second pair of rainbow flops, the first pair was the hemp single layer flops. Those babies lasted over two years. I am just going to order another pair in stead. Just really hoped the braided pair would have worked because they're sooo cute!

*Update 9/21/13*

So I have tried to like and wear these flops. They're soo cute. I returned the first pair and ordered a size up. The width is great, the length is workable, but I have scars on my feet now from trying to break them in. The leather strap is very tough and the way it's braided doesn't rest well on my feet. I have two little scars on each foot from the crazy blisters that appeared after a short time of wearing them. I'd love to hear suggestions on how to make these work, maybe soften the leather a bit or something. They are too cute and too expensive to sit in my closet!
on July 13, 2015
Brought this brand of shoe for my daughter years ago and she wore them about 6 or 7 years before they were worn out. So they were worth every penny. She wore them almost daily and kept the original pair until we insisted they needed to be thrown away. She asked for another pair of sandals and Rainbow was the only kind she wanted to consider. We ordered them online as she knew her size perfectly. She loves them and has not taken them off. They do have to be worn about a week to break them in and mold them to your feet she says, but once molded to your feet they are comfortable and durable. She would not consider any other kind of sandal and she works on her feet all day long. Last a long time.
on October 3, 2014
just like everyone else mine came EXTREMELY tight to begin with. I knew this because I had read the reviews before purchasing and decided to risk it because I have very thin feet. This worked out great for me. I got them to match my dooney and bourke all weather leather purse (I only carry it, and haven't changed it for 2 years). So the $50 flip flops I wanted to be my everyday. all day wearers for summer. That's what they are, great quality, best arch support for a flip flip you can get and still have the same look.

would buy again and would also recommend, these are expensive but will hold up nicely for years.

NOTE: to break them in, I immediately put a leather wax on them (something I got from the mall shoe store "Journeys" when I bought a pair of Sperrys years ago) then wore them around in the shower, this loostened them slightly and within 10 days they were totally broken in. They were a little uncomfortable at first but are perfect now
on March 2, 2014
Love these sandals, I have always wore rainbows and was hesitant because other wrote about blisters. I have not gotten any blisters, and I do hair in them, from the first day I received them. They at super cute and very comfortable, they are no different than any other rainbow sandals, as fas as braking them in. I live them when they break I will buy another pair! I am rough on sandals
on May 16, 2014
I ordered the black braided sandals.
I have generally thin feet and I ordered a medium (Size 7) Which is what I usually wear. The braided pieces are scratchy, uncomfortable, and tight. I had to stretch by pulling the braided parts out and still it's not comfortable. They left my skin red and it would've gotten raw had I kept walking in them for much longer. I hardly use them unless I leave my other sandals (Tommy Hilfiger) in my car n have no other choice. Rainbow is a good brand but these braided sandals were a total fail. The only reason I can't return them is because they were a gift.
on May 8, 2015
I have numerous pair of Rainbow sandals and this is the first time I've seen this issue. The top is way too tight and I can't get my foot into the sandal. I tried to contact Amazon to return them but they are telling me I'm outside the return window but I think they are defective. I would think twice about buying this style and will stick to normal Rainbow sandals going forward.
on April 7, 2016
I love the look of these shoes. The small fits my foot perfectly. I wear a size 6. I read the reviews and know I need to break these in prior to wearing them for an extended period. I've been wearing them around the house and will continue to break them in prior to my vacation.
Don't think you can just slip these on and wear them all day walking. They are a bit stiff and will hurt your feet. Based off the reviews, i'm sure I will love them once I get them softened up.
I like that they are a nice classy looking flip flop. aka dressed up barefoot.
on January 7, 2016
I love these sandals. I am already a huge fan of rainbow sandals and have worn out two pairs previous to this pair. At first I was really nervous, and kinda sad that I picked the braided straps, because obviously new leather is tight and they rubbed the top of my feet and gave me blisters. But I smacked some bandaids on onto my tootsies and off I went. Now, about a month later, they are one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I own. I love how they hold my arches and how soft they are on the pads of my feet. 10/10.