Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rainkist Travel Windefyer Auto Open, Black, One Size
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Size: One Size|Color: Black|Change
Price:$7.99 - $33.00

on February 9, 2012
For the most part I am very pleased with this product. It is a sturdy umbrella suitable for the strong winds of Chicago. My only complaint is that when it is closed, the pin caps (for lack of a better term - I am referring to the little metal caps that connect the cloth part of the umbrella to each of its metal spokes) come off - with the result that when the umbrella is automatically opened, a portion of it does not deploy unless manually reconnected. This is either a design defect, or a manufacturing defect. If this issue were corrected, I would give this umbrella five stars. For its price, it should be perfect.
on November 26, 2011
This umbrella was worth the price... I had been going through too many cheap useless umbrellas in the past, and am relieved to have found one that I believe will last a long time. The wind resistance is excellent, having that double layer thing is important. I didn't really care "weather" or not my umbrella was automatic before, but you will find this feature quite useful if you have a lot to carry. (I've carried my messenger bag, a yoga mat, and my lunch with the umbrella, although you do need both hands to close it :) ). The material it is made out of seems durable, the wooden handle is strong and comfortable to hold, and overall I am pleased with this product.
on November 22, 2011
I live in Seattle, and here usually rain is mixed with wind. If you live in a city with the same weather this umbrella will work for you.
on March 27, 2012
I live in San Francisco and we've been having HORRIBLE weather, so I decided to get a new umbrella. I'm not sure how it would have fared in what we've been having because just out of the box, the fabric started to come off of the spokes. It was too large, flimsy, and badly made. I will NOT be buying from this vendor again. Thanks
on June 9, 2012
Give it negative stars if I could. I live in Boston, bought what I thought was a sturdy vented umbrella to deal with the wind that we get..(more than Chicago....believe it or not we are the real windy city.) A spoke on the vented portion of this umbrella snapped first time out..rendering this all but useless. Time frame for return has passed. It will soon be taking up space in my local landfill, as I cannot return it as "defective",apparently a windproof umbrella snapping apart in the wind isn't considered a defect..A PIECE OF JUNK-LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR AN UMBRELLA THAT WILL LAST.
on January 17, 2012
I can't tell you how many umbrellas the Windy City has turned inside out and trashed. This is the only umbrella that lived up to the expectations of a true vented, wind-proof umbrella. It has a steel reinforced frame that I haven't seen in many other "wind proof" umbrellas.

The only usability features that I wish could be improved is that there are two straps/ties (top and bottom) which take extra time to collapse. I also wish the button to expand could also collapse, as some umbrellas do. This is definitely a help in extreme weather conditions. However, over all I am very pleased with the design.
on January 29, 2012
Good quality product but the circumference was smaller than appears in the photo and may have difficulty giving complete protection from the rain in strong breezes. I haven't yet tried in high winds but appears sturdy.
on October 27, 2012
I have two of these now because I liked the first one so much. It is compact, which I like, and very wind resistant. There's two sections to it and when the wind goes under it, the one layer lifts up to reduce the stress. I did have it semi-invert during a strong gust once, but then I could easily un-invert it and it was as good as new. No bent metal.
on January 10, 2013
I obtained this umbrella after destroying two or three others in the stiff spring and fall winds in Madison, Wisconsin. Since these other umbrellas were the flimsy, compact travel kind, I was excited to get a 'real' umbrella that could withstand the wind, while also keeping me dry. For the most part, this umbrella does indeed keep me dry. And the two-part top does indeed keep the wind from whipping it inside out.

But... the construction quality is terrible. I am very gentle with the umbrella, but within the next year (the second year of my ownership), I expect the umbrella to largely fall apart on me. The sewing/stitching that keeps the fabric attached to the spokes is broken on three spokes and unraveling on another couple. As another reviewer mentioned, I too have had three end caps fall off of the spokes they are attached to. The effect is that when I open the umbrella, three spots have mush smaller coverage than the others. Once the rest of them go, which I assume they will since this is clearly a design flaw. When this first happened, I examined the caps and they appear to be held in place by a small amount of glue; an amount that under only a minor amount of jostling in my bag can cease to adhere the two pieces together. Once the end cap comes off, it is only a matter of time before the stitching unravels, due to the strain of rubbing against the spokes when the umbrella opens. Sure, I could place the caps back on the ends when I open it, but I only open it when it is raining, and doing so completely defeats the purpose of owning an umbrella!

I should note that my expectation of the umbrella fully falling apart is based on the regularity with which I discover a new broken end cap and piece of stitching.

So, this umbrella is a total mixed bag. If you carry it with you regularly, expect it to fall apart within 6 months. If you leave it in your car or house, it will likely last longer. It still protects me from the rain, and withstands the wind, but I do not have high hopes this protection will continue. I'd seriously consider other umbrellas before purchasing this one.
on January 5, 2012
This is very heavy but seemed to do the job. However, after just a couple of uses, the edges keep coming off. It is some kind of a inset which is loose, coming off from several corners and the cloth folds.

See 1 answered question