Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

• Customer Reviews

on April 12, 2014
The tines in the umbrella canopy are not only thin, cheap metal, but also have holes punched for some bizarre reason. Tines broke right where the holes are punched during very first use, same issues others have had. Terrible to buy an umbrella, actually remember to bring umbrella and then still be without a working umbrella during a down pour.
on October 14, 2014
I had one of these umbrellas forever and it was amazing until it was broken by the wind a few weeks ago. I ordered another one to give Rainkist a second chance, hopefully this one is more durable than my last one.

Design wise, this is an amazing umbrella, it feels solid, every latch clicks in place really well, and it folds up very nicely. Just a shame that it's not as durable as it feels, otherwise would give it 5 stars.
on May 10, 2015
I bought 2, for daughters. Pink one works great, blue one needed modification. I pushed the release button on the blue one and deployed great, but then pulled it shut and noticed the little triangular peace near the end handle didn't pop out after deployment. I had to use a knife to wiggle it out. Deployed a second time and same thing, had to wiggle the piece out. It was for a birthday gift following day, no time to return. Noticed the slot for the triangle piece was bent out slightly. Pressed it down with tool and it seems better, hasn't given a problem yet. Only 1 star off for that and their lifetime warranty is kind of a joke. Mail them the product with $10 and they will give you a replacement. That's how much this cost....? No thanks, I would just buy another rather than pay shipping 2 ways. Umbrella seems to hold up with both 6 year old daughters playing with these as sun shades So far. Good value for product overall. Still would recommend, and I hope yours come flawless, these are decent umbrellas.
on March 4, 2015
This should've been a no star but they're requiring to put a star.

My pink umbrella just came today. I opened it to see if it's working. It did worked but when I tried to close it, the metals that were supporting the umbrella broke. This is very disappointing.
review image
on May 24, 2014
I bought two of these and only one of them work. The button is poorly assembled and the umbrella didn't open.
The one that did work look like it'll break any minute.
I don't recommend these umbrella. A cheap $8 umbrella from walmart has better quality.
on January 6, 2016
I'm in college and I had a crappy little umbrella that broke on me from the wind during a storm. After it broke I threw it away and ran to my room. I ended up slipping into a puddle and ruining my notebooks. Then I bought this umbrella and honestly its so nice. Didn't know I could get so excited over amberella. It hasn't gone inside out yet and the material is holding up very well. It is also like an instant open umberrlla which is nice too.
on October 20, 2015
I feel somewhat ridiculous using an umbrella to keep the sun off me while walking around or waiting for my train or bus. But since I don't wear hats, can't always remember to put on sunscreen and am outside a great deal due to my job and lack of a car, I have to find something in the middle. So the umbrella is my middle ground. I wasn't sure it was worth it, as there was only one scientific study done on the effectiveness of an umbrella or parasol to block UV rays and it was not extensive. But this particular umbrella was compact, reasonably well rated on Amazon and cheap enough I was willing to take the risk. If it was anything less than exactly as described, I would have just sent it back. But the whole purpose of this umbrella is to lessen the harshness of being in the sun (especially on a HOT day), protecting you from the UV and if it rains, keep you dry. And that's what this umbrella does. So hooray for that.

1) the umbrella canopy is fine, I feel like it's well stitched, fastened to the umbrella body well and though I did opt for a small umbrella that fits in my bag, it does keep me covered enough. It seems decently heavy enough material. The umbrella isn't very heavy.

2) The stem and plastic handle of the umbrella are a little wobbly together. And the handle can be a bit small and uncomfortable to hold for any length of time. Overall, it's not a huge issue but I don't expect this umbrella to last a year. To be fair, I wouldn't expect any $15 umbrella to last a year.

3) I find the button itself to open the umbrella to be a bit sticky. This is a minor issue for me, but might be a problem if you have weak hands or arthritis. But closing the umbrella is not difficult.

And yes, it can handle rain. But I wouldn't take it out for anything more than a drizzle or light rain. It's not that large and I don't think it could handle any serious winds (I'd go with a gustbuster or something of equal reputation for real weather).
Overall, I feel like this is a good summer/spring sunny day umbrella and my money was well spent. But I admit freely that when this one breaks, if I find an equally well rated sun umbrella for more money, I'll buy that first and hope it's sturdier. But overall, this wasn't a bad choice either.
on November 29, 2015
This is a nice, portable umbrella that comes in a rainbow of beautiful colors. It opens and closes easily and adequately protects you in the rain. It seems very sturdy, but time will tell. I bought the yellow and the blue/white.
review image review image
Several colors of this umbrella are around $10... some as high as $18. I think for $10 this is a decent umbrella... very typical "street" umbrella that operates smoothly. I did NOT notice the supports being out of the ordinary so assume this will hold up a season or two and then fall apart like the others. Normally I buy umbrellas on the street or TJ Maxx.... I'd say this umbrella is comparable. I did indeed notice that it is larger closed than I had expected....but will fit nicely in a bag or knapsack. I think it's sort of strange that as of this writing the Navy color is least expensive with many other colors much more. Even black is more than navy.

For $10, a good umbrella.
on June 11, 2013
The umbrella seems to work well for keeping me dry, but that doesn't matter to me since I do not want to have to close it back up. I used it several times in the last week, and my hand got pinched on 3 of the occasions. I don't typically have this problem with the other umbrellas in my life, so I looked at the pinch point in comparison to the others. The plastic is not thick enough where the metal "catch" comes through. For some reason the hole in the plastic where this metal catches to lock the umbrella closed is at the thin part of the plastic "pull-down" piece - exactly where the curved plastic is enticing you to put your hand. I'm not clear why a hole is even needed - one of my other umbrellas is completely covered in this area. After all, you don't need to access that metal piece to open up the umbrella as it is auto-open. I tried to re-arrange how I pulled down the plastic and still got caught. It is just a bad design all around. I cannot recommend this umbrella. It will be a back-up in my car, but I don't want to use it and I certainly don't want my kids using it.