5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Little Umbrella
Published on August 9, 2011 by JayneLady

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality
The fabric is so thin that you can see the clouds through it, and the wiring is really flimsy. Not only that, but the button to open the umbrella frequently jams. The quality is extremely low, and it's what I would have expected from the dollar store, not from something that costs over $10.

UPDATE: I decided to give the company another try, and I bought...
Published on March 19, 2012 by AD

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Little Umbrella, August 9, 2011
JayneLady "JC" (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I am very pleased with my purchase. I was looking for a cute yellow umbrella that would last longer than one rainstorm--and I got it. No, it's not the ABSOLUTE sturdiest umbrella that I've ever used, but it's no slouch either. I like the yellow color--a true yellow--and I like it overall. The only complaint I have is that, sometimes, I have to push the button-to-open-it two or three times to get it to open. But would I buy it again? Yes.

4.0 out of 5 stars It didn't break..., November 24, 2011
This review is from: Rainkist Umbrellas Star Automatic
I live in windy Boston, and have put to rest a great number of folding umbrellas. I have used this through a few windy days now and it has held up well. Its light and seems to not be heavily built, but engineered well. The edges give in the wind instead of breaking, and the long center braces though light but appears stronger than most compact umbrellas. With a little care in the very heavy gusts we can get on downtown streets this appears to be a winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best umbrella. Ever., June 28, 2011
Cynthia Bostwick (Ann Arbor, MI, US) - See all my reviews
Great, durable, compact, plus fun colors. My son loves his and I love mine: they fit in our backpacks and shelter us from sun and rain.

4.0 out of 5 stars This long-lived umbrella also is itself a safety feature, December 9, 2012
We have just ordered two more of this umbrella. Although it is not the easiest to use umbrella we have had, it has lasted three to four times as long as any of the others, plus it is itself a safety feature. Let me explain. Mid-yesterday afternoon ****in poor visibility conditions**** the front left tire on a friend's car blew on the way to NYC. We wound up on the side of the road, not terribly long before an exit, with a a tire needing to be changed just feet away from busy 65 MPH traffic. I was able to walk 100 feet back and open my bright yellow umbrella. THE ONCOMING DRIVERS SAW THE UMBRELLA, turned off their turn indicators and moved to the farthest portion of their lanes to avoid hitting us all. Everyone in our party decided after that to buy a bright yellow umbrella to keep their cars in case of the similar situation ever arising. So do not think of a bright yellow umbrella only as an umbrella but also as a safety feature to be kept by your spare tire!

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, March 19, 2012
This review is from: Rainkist Umbrellas Star Automatic

UPDATE: I decided to give the company another try, and I bought another umbrella. The second was much better; it opens most of the time without a problem (though the button still frequently jams), and it is a bit stronger. So I guess this is now more of a mixed review. The second was definitely better than the first, but you'd think they could make the quality consistent across their umbrellas.

3.0 out of 5 stars 50% success rate, January 27, 2013
I ordered two of these. One for my wife and one for myself. One of them came and the button did not function at all, so that one got returned. The other one worked ok. It's a smallish cover, but it does the job. I guess you get what you pay for. I used to have an umbrella that would open and close with a button push. This only opens with a button push. Not bad, and it's held up to some wind and rain so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great in Super Rainy State of Oregon!, March 18, 2011
This review is from: Rainkist Umbrellas Star Automatic
I was looking everywhere for an orange umbrella as a Christmas gift, and finally found this. It's great! The owner uses it almost every day because it rains here in Portland constantly and he walks to and from work. Love the color too!

5.0 out of 5 stars nice umbrella, no need to buy more expensive one, November 11, 2011
This review is from: Rainkist Umbrellas Star Automatic
Nice umbrella, feels pretty sturdy, navy color goes with almost everything. The one minor point is that automatic open button is a bit tough to press down. I suppose it will wear in and cause no problems down the road. There is no need to buy more expensive umbrella.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after one use, May 5, 2014
This review is from: Rainkist Umbrellas Star Automatic
I used this umbrella once and now it broke. Still usable but it takes forever to fully close the umbrella. I mean understand it was cheap but shouldn't I be able to use it more than once. It was an emergency and i needed it for three days. Not bad if you need it for a short period. Don't buy it if it constantly rains in your area.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't close it . Love the color but the umbrella won't stay closed, September 18, 2013
Quality below my expectations. Only used it once and cannot get it to close bought it for my husband and e is very disappointed

Rainkist Umbrellas Star Automatic