Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

• Customer Reviews

on November 24, 2011
I live in windy Boston, and have put to rest a great number of folding umbrellas. I have used this through a few windy days now and it has held up well. Its light and seems to not be heavily built, but engineered well. The edges give in the wind instead of breaking, and the long center braces though light but appears stronger than most compact umbrellas. With a little care in the very heavy gusts we can get on downtown streets this appears to be a winner.
on August 9, 2011
I am very pleased with my purchase. I was looking for a cute yellow umbrella that would last longer than one rainstorm--and I got it. No, it's not the ABSOLUTE sturdiest umbrella that I've ever used, but it's no slouch either. I like the yellow color--a true yellow--and I like it overall. The only complaint I have is that, sometimes, I have to push the button-to-open-it two or three times to get it to open. But would I buy it again? Yes.
on December 9, 2012
We have just ordered two more of this umbrella. Although it is not the easiest to use umbrella we have had, it has lasted three to four times as long as any of the others, plus it is itself a safety feature. Let me explain. Mid-yesterday afternoon ****in poor visibility conditions**** the front left tire on a friend's car blew on the way to NYC. We wound up on the side of the road, not terribly long before an exit, with a a tire needing to be changed just feet away from busy 65 MPH traffic. I was able to walk 100 feet back and open my bright yellow umbrella. THE ONCOMING DRIVERS SAW THE UMBRELLA, turned off their turn indicators and moved to the farthest portion of their lanes to avoid hitting us all. Everyone in our party decided after that to buy a bright yellow umbrella to keep their cars in case of the similar situation ever arising. So do not think of a bright yellow umbrella only as an umbrella but also as a safety feature to be kept by your spare tire!
on June 28, 2011
Great, durable, compact, plus fun colors. My son loves his and I love mine: they fit in our backpacks and shelter us from sun and rain.
on January 27, 2013
I ordered two of these. One for my wife and one for myself. One of them came and the button did not function at all, so that one got returned. The other one worked ok. It's a smallish cover, but it does the job. I guess you get what you pay for. I used to have an umbrella that would open and close with a button push. This only opens with a button push. Not bad, and it's held up to some wind and rain so far.
on March 19, 2012
The fabric is so thin that you can see the clouds through it, and the wiring is really flimsy. Not only that, but the button to open the umbrella frequently jams. The quality is extremely low, and it's what I would have expected from the dollar store, not from something that costs over $10.

UPDATE: I decided to give the company another try, and I bought another umbrella. The second was much better; it opens most of the time without a problem (though the button still frequently jams), and it is a bit stronger. So I guess this is now more of a mixed review. The second was definitely better than the first, but you'd think they could make the quality consistent across their umbrellas.
on April 17, 2015
Manufacturer should be jailed for intentionally polluting the environment, because this umbrella is nothing but garbage!!

I bought it for the first time last Fall, and it broke on the 1 or 2 time I used it. Amazon generously gave me a replacement free of charge. I used it a couple of times, then Winter kicked in and I put it away for the season. It's Spring time now, which means some rainy days where I live. The replacement umbrella broke the FIRST TIME I used it this season!

In other words, I have used two of these umbrellas, and each broke on the 2-3 time I used them. Garbage is a kind word for this item. I wish I could give them 0 stars. DO NOT BUY, no matter how cheap it is.

An image is worth a thousand words. I am attaching a picture of the damaged umbrella.
review image
on March 18, 2011
I was looking everywhere for an orange umbrella as a Christmas gift, and finally found this. It's great! The owner uses it almost every day because it rains here in Portland constantly and he walks to and from work. Love the color too!
on November 11, 2011
Nice umbrella, feels pretty sturdy, navy color goes with almost everything. The one minor point is that automatic open button is a bit tough to press down. I suppose it will wear in and cause no problems down the road. There is no need to buy more expensive umbrella.
on May 5, 2014
I used this umbrella once and now it broke. Still usable but it takes forever to fully close the umbrella. I mean understand it was cheap but shouldn't I be able to use it more than once. It was an emergency and i needed it for three days. Not bad if you need it for a short period. Don't buy it if it constantly rains in your area.