5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Pass This One By!
All responsible parents and parents-to-be will want to hear the other side of the story when it comes to standard pediatric practices. Dr. Mendelsohn gives a thorough introduction to making INFORMED decisions about your child's health in this consise, down-to-earth manual.
"How to Raise a Healthy Child" does two very important things. First, it gives...
Published on August 14, 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Book Outdated information
I bought this book because the title grabbed me, and I guess I didn't look into it enough first. But when I took it home to read, I started thinking some things in the book were strange. Like what kind of doctor would really try and talk you out of breast-feeding and into bottle feeding? I was inundated with literature, advice etc. on the benefits of breast-feeding...
Published on July 12, 2004 by tabiaellis

‹ Previous | 17 8 919 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, July 30, 2013
This review is from: How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor (Mass Market Paperback)
It's refreshing to find an honest and different view from a medical professional. Almost all doctors would just follow whatever they learned from school or from their colleagues without doing personal research. This book has empowered me as a new parent. You do not have to delegate everything to the doctors. You can make an informed medical decision on your own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book! Very clear tips, July 12, 2013
This is an excellent Book! Tips are very clear and common sense... I highly recommend it if you like your kids to stay away from doctors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Excellent Information, June 20, 2013
Of course, Dr. Mendelsohn is hated by the medical community. Anyone is who dares to speak against them in anyway. Having been a pediatrician for 45 years I feel that he had the clout to speak up and say what he thinks. I found this book very informative. And actually gave me confidence to walk away from our pediatrician, who like Dr. Mendelsohn says in his book, will create illnesses for your child. While I don't agree with every single thing he writes, where I disagree with him, doesn't mean I disregard his entire book.

5.0 out of 5 stars how to have a healthy child inspite of your doctor, June 8, 2013
Dr. Mendolsohn is brilliant and tells you what most doctors won't about keeping your children healthy. I couldn't raise my children without this book. Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Raise a Healthy Child is Spite of Your Doctor, April 25, 2013
I bought this for a new mother because I love the way Dr. Mendelsohn is able to cheerfully put to rest the myth of the 'all knowing doctor.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived in timely manner, like new, April 23, 2013
The information in this book is priceless but too bad the price keeps climbing from a penny to what it is now due to typical human ill-greed over the cost of saving a life.

5.0 out of 5 stars This guy is awesome!, March 9, 2013
A lot of doctors have a bit of a complex and the author explains why. His professional experience really give parents good insight on how to properly raise healthy happy kids. Glad I purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book by the late Dr. Mendelsohn, January 5, 2013
We have used this book as our main resource for the last 24 years in raising our 10 children. It has saved us from going to the doctor unnecessarily. Now we are purchasing more of these books for our Children and their child raising needs. Also makes a great baby shower gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless....., March 29, 2008
windmuse (North Hollywood - West Coast) - See all my reviews
Dr. Mendelsohn, an articulate common sense approach for healthy baby and childhood. His advice is timeless, his experience priceless. The book removes fear, instead the pages are embedded with reassurance to follow one's heart while making crucial decisions for your precious little people. Love you, Dr. Mendelsohn!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for all parents, December 29, 2013
Lily Anna (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
I LOVE this book! This book rings true with me. I have a 12 month old. He's only had 1 fever. As a new parent, that can be scary. But because I had this reference book to guide me through it, I wasn't worried at all. I didn't give him any drugs, and he was all better within 3 days.

‹ Previous | 17 8 919 | Next ›

How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor
How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor by Robert S. Mendelsohn (Mass Market Paperback - May 12, 1987)
$7.99 $7.19