5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book
This is a very good book, it has help me understand a lot about why and what is going on with my boy, to prepare my self and him for the next steps in his life, conscious of what I'm doing and not just " hoping that I'm doing the right thing"
Published 20 months ago by Isela Arias

1.0 out of 5 stars Expert???
Published 19 months ago by Laurel

1.0 out of 5 stars Expert???, January 27, 2013
Laurel (Derry, NH United States) - See all my reviews
I was very disappointed in this book. Honestly it felt as though it was written by a very close minded person. It focused so much on boys being sexual creatures from a young age that I was uncomfortable reading it. It had very little advice to give on topics other than having boys sleep with their hands over the covers and keep them out of dark places so they don't play with their private parts. eventually I stopped reading. Normally I share books however this one went to the recycling bin so noone else would be subjected to these views. Still on the lookout for a good book on being a single mom of a boy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, December 13, 2012
This review is from: Raising Boys (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome buy, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Raising Boys: Why Boys are Different - and How to Help Them Become Happy and Well-balanced Men (Paperback)
This book has been all I hoped for. It covers topics in detail with short relevant anecdotes. This book discusses the physiology of boys, their maturation during adolescence and the needs they face during each phase... to the practical outworking in areas such as schooling. Growing up without brothers, male cousins, and attending a girls' school, I am facing the unknown challenge of raising an adolescent boy. This book has significantly reduced the 'unknown' factor and given me more confidence to negotiate the years ahead. I will definitely be referring to it again in the future- and lending it to friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, May 21, 2014
I really enjoyed this thought provoking and relevant book. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone interested in understanding those gender differences that make us uniquely male or female. Thank goodness we're not all the same. Where'd be the fun in that?

4.0 out of 5 stars Truly Worth Reading, May 26, 2013
Ryan Albuquerque (WASHINGTON, DC, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raising Boys (Kindle Edition)
A Must Read, before your child is born ! It would help mothers and fathers prepare so much better. I was particularly thrilled with all the sections that dealt with school-related issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book, April 30, 2013
A great book for parents of boys.
Warm and humorously written, full of great advice and interesting stories.
I would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful read, April 1, 2013
Keith J Hogan (NEWBURYPORT, MA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raising Boys (Kindle Edition)
Looking for something to get a little perspective on raising my son. I have found it helpful on a couple of issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars Raising boys, December 24, 2012
This review is from: Raising Boys (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed it very much my sons consulor suggested iit to help us with him program and I learned a lot

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, October 14, 2012
This review is from: Raising Boys (Kindle Edition)
I am only part way through but have already learnt some great things that i have put into practice with my boys

Used & New from: $0.01