Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ralph Masiello's Dragon Drawing Book
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 17, 2011
I recently purchased a number of "how to" drawing books, for myself and a couple to give to my kid nephew. Of the wide assortment of styles and instructions and subject matter, Ralph Masiello's books are a personal favorite. At this point, I have no aspirations (nor talent, I think) for producing fine art. Masiello's step-by-step, line by line illustrations allowed this very impatient student to accomplish an actual image right away. His demonstrations allow the individual to see where to start a drawing and how the image comes together. Once practiced and confident in my improved skills, I was able to apply what I learned to creating the creatures in different poses and create scenes of my own imagination -- not just pen or pencil, but embroidery, mixed media, etc.... anything a crafter can dream up using materials on hand.
on June 24, 2013
This was a great "beginners drawing" book for kids. My daughter loves it. I would recommend this to any parent who has a child that loves to draw. This will keep them busy for hours. Thank you!
on April 25, 2014
My 7 and 8 year old love this book. It has provided hours of fun. I bought it last August and they still use it. The instructions are very basic step by step. My kids are drawing amazing dragons because of this book. I was so impressed I bought another book for a friend.
on January 26, 2016
I bought this for Christmas for my youngest sister. She loved it! It isn't as step-by-step as I was hoping, but I liked the direction it did have. The instructions are well-written and the information about the dragons is interesting. Contrary to what other reviewers have stated, it DOES include Western dragons, their headline is simply different. ^_~ The art style in the book is fairly unique and fun to look at, and there are lots of pictures, too. Came in great condition, and on time!
on July 13, 2013
Our family decided to choose a skill to work on for 30 days and then show each other what we had accomplished. My 9-year-old daughter chose drawing and she loves dragons. This book was perfect and she began practicing the day we received it. The pictures are a little above her drawing level, but the directions and descriptions are such that she did not need assistance. Her drawing had improved and we have displayed many of her drawings.
on October 7, 2015
My 7 year old rented this book from the library about 5 times, so for Christmas, he received his own copy. He LOVED it! It is not for a beginner, but at 7 my son was able to replicate his own dragons from this book. If you are or you have a dragon lover that also loves to draw, this is the book to get!
on August 26, 2015
Both my son and I found this book wonderful. The author actually researched the dragon in cultures around the world and shares what he learns. He also shows how to draw all those different dragons. It has both good cultural information and helpful drawing instruction.
on January 20, 2016
Bought this book for my 13 year old niece for Christmas and she loves it. I looked at a lot of step by step drawing books with dragons and this one was by far the best. It gives simple steps from start to finish so anyone can draw a dragon.
on January 29, 2015
Our favorite dragon drawing book. We enjoy all of Ralph Masiello's drawing books -- the directions are step by step and accessible, even to younger children, but the end products are impressive! Very detailed and realistic.
on December 2, 2013
My Granddaughter and I loved the way Maisello broke down the drawing process into little bits that we were able to copy. We wound up with wonderful dragons! Hope he continues to add to his list of drawing books.