Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rambo The Video Game - PlayStation 3
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 12, 2014
Love Rambo, Love the Game, Played with the Sharpshooter gun for PS3 MOVE. This is the only way to play the game! You are playing an arcade style shooter, using a standard game controller makes no sense. "They drew first blood, not me"
44 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2015
Ok, the game is combine with elements of the 80s arcade games. The first person shooter is unstable and you have to have good hand eye coordination to manipulate this game. Graphics are ps1 material! Don't like the fact that on a mission it only gives 5 chances to try to pass a level, again a lot of the 80s arcade dynamics were incorporated in this game. It has entertainment value, but the voice over on this game isn't good! I could of done a better job with an 80s retro cassette recorder. Although for me it was part of my youth watching Rambo movies so this is why I tolerate the game.
on May 26, 2014
I find this a very fun and entertaining game. It may be boring if you are using a regular controller.

no, it isn't the perfect game with mind blowing graphics and stellar 3d surround sound audio .
But it is a very fun, shoot-em up arcade game.

There are skills you can improve on based on how many points you get in the game. Most of the are rambo-esque or based on rambos character. Example, if you are low on health and there are many enemies around, and you have built up the "wrath" meter, you can activate it, hear rambos war cry and rebuild your health based on how many enemies you kill while wrath is activated.

Theres minor annonyances but nothing big. Such as when using the ps3 move, to reload you have to press square. In cover you use the move button. In order to stay in cover and reload you'll have to use your other hand to press square to reload. Other than that no big deal.
I ran into a bug in the game where it wasn't progressing, so I restarted at the checkpoint and it went ok from there.

If you want to shoot up enemies, destroy buildings with your m60, "be" rambo, you like simple arcade action games, this is the game to get. Hopefully someday... a really good rambo game comes along. In the mean time, this is pretty good.

Some of the negative reviews I read were complaining about the reloading. they made a minigame out of reloading. it's not too bad, but a strange development choice.

Don't know why the game ends with rambo 3, they had enough time to include burma.. but whatever....

lastly, i paid $40.00 and d/l from psn store. the cinematics are jerky but the gameplay is smooth.

I would say to wait until the game is $20.00 or less before buying it.

if you are a lover of simple fun arcade shoot em ups, then go ahead and get it now.
on April 15, 2015
Very disappointed with this game. I played it for 20 minutes before I ejected it from my console. The controls sucks; you really can't aim and all your doing is moving left to right in cover. Don't waste your money on this game.
on March 18, 2016
The Ultimate GEM on the PS3 System.
I first s*** on this game because i didnt know understood the concept and the gaming engine , but i assure you , this 80's Action Game (Actually the ONLY ONE on the PS3 system will become a RARE and EXPENSIVE interactive memorabilia in years to come.
on October 6, 2014
I like the character, the movies that were made with him, and shooter genre games in general, so I like the game. It has frozen my PS3 a few times and since the game had limited success, I do not expect to see any updates that will correct this. It has become exceptionally hard to find in any kind of brick and mortar store in my area, but I found it on Amazon with no problem.
on November 8, 2014
I don't care what the naysayers say. As far as I'm concerned, their mostly a bunch of spoiled "Call Of Duty" brats who, most likely, have never even played games like, "Duke Nukem 3D" or the original "Doom". I've seen reviews and comments from people, complaining about the movement in the game and how enemies just pop out and you just aim and shoot. HA! Does a little arcade shooter called "Area 51" ring a bell? I have waited for over a decade for a Rambo game like this! When I last played "Rambo" on the NES, back in the late '90s, I would talk about and even imagine how cool it would be if they ever made a Rambo video game where you can play through the entire trilogy. Now, after all these years, they've finally made such a game. A lot of people, no doubt, complain about how Teasle doesn't look like Brian Dennehy. Thing is, with the "First Blood" portion of the game, they combined the movie (released in 1982) with the novel (published in 1972), which is also why, if you press the button too soon during the hunt in the woods, you wind up killing Teasle's deputies; merely hospitalize them, as Rambo did in the movie, or kill them, as he did in the original novel. People also whine about all the duck-and-cover stuff. Give me a break! If any of you whiners were in a real-life situation where there were enemies all around you, firing at you, you would get your brains blown out in no time! Anyway, this game is so underestimated, it's rediculous! When I recently purchased my copy at a local GameStop and the cashier saw what game I was buying, he said I would be returning the game in no time because it's "THAT bad." Yeah, well, so much for that little prediction! I've been having a blast on this game, kicking some serious ass! I love this game, plus, I've been a hardcore Rambo fan for years! This is the Rambo game I've been waiting for! Apparently, it's never occurred to those who say this game sucks and is an abomination, that perhaps it's not the game that sucks; they just suck at it! "Rambo: The Video Game" may not be like "Call Of Duty", and more like "Area 51" and "Judge Dredd" (PS1), but here's the deal: just because it's different from what you're used to, doesn't mean it sucks!
44 comments|9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2014
A better game than given credit for. It does have alot of drawbacks checkpoints are too far away meaning if your killed before you reach a checkpoint you must start over. Weapons upgrading is too hard alot of gamers will give up before completion of the game. Barriers provide very little if any protection. This game was clearly made as a money grab. Some serious tweeking could have made this game a homerun but you will see that this was made to make some quick cash Ala pre-order as opposed to sitting on store shelves
on August 26, 2014
i read allot of reviews but for me its a pretty good game i have not beat it yet but i am having a good time but the game is very hard but i have so many games i keep going from one to another. thank you was great price. as always forever young god bless bobby lee 007.
on July 27, 2014
I've played worse games than this... wayyyyyyy worse.